Pot Users of all ages! Listen Up!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by lostblackdog, Jun 22, 2005.

1. lostblackdog

lostblackdog Member

So....
    I am a sociology student at a private liberal arts college in South Carolina. What I study is behavioural patterns among different groups of people who are tied together by some common social characteristic. Since marijuana use tends to be a common subject on this site, I thought this would be an interesting poll that would give me some data to present before a sociology class where the professor himself has done many "Cannabis Culture" studies in order to help filter the negative propoganda surrounding marijuana use. Everything is strictly confidential and at no time shall I ask you for your real name or any information that could potentially be traced by law enforcement officials... well I guess they are sneaky little fuckers, so I can't really say whether or not they're watching you even as I'm typing, but I promise not to aid them in their pathetic "war on drugs" or whatever they're calling it. I personally promise that I am in no way affiliated with any person(s) and/or organization(s) that are involved in law enforcement, and I will not release any personal information that you submit with your replies. This is merely an survey that I am using to gather data for a hypothesis that will be tested during a future research project/experiment. Thanks to all who reply, and again, this is for OUR voice to be heard through the poorly analyzed bullshit!!! Stoners, of all ages, rise up an shout!!!

2. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

yeah, I was 19. I think most of these answers are going to cluster in the 12-16 range, judging from a poll we had up a while back. Thing is, this site is mostly populated by younger people. It's not a very accurate sampling of the population. Not to say adults don't post here, but they're underrepresented.

EDIT: here's the poll http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149

3. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I was 14...

4. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

tried it in grade 9, though didnt start smokin regularly till last year in high school/ first year in university

5. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

fall of 10th grade

6. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

this year bout a month or two ago im 14 acually it was near my b-day when i did it

7. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

May 17th(i think) 2004 so i had just turned 16

8. Phhoenyxx

Phhoenyxx Member

Friday, June 5th, 1998, at around 6 PM.

So I was 17 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days old.

9. Obscured By Clouds

Obscured By Clouds Member

10. synaptic aether

synaptic aether Member

19 y/o

March 20, 2004

was the begining of a very psychedelic year ...

11. blazednconfused

blazednconfused Member

12 years old... my brothers/sisters were always great influences on me.

12. phoenix88

phoenix88 Member

15...beginning of sophmore year

13. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

From a social point of view, I would look at when people started smoking regularly, not when they first smoked.(Thats just me though)

14. syd

syd Banned

When i was 14, August 2nd 2004

15. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

Spring of grade 8 (I was 14) didn't start smoking regularly till Winter of grade 12 though by Uni I was/am chronic

16. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

i was 15 and ever since then i have been in such a happy land

17. Eruna

Eruna Member

11 yrs old

18. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

you should have broken up the teen years into their individual parts rather than, say, 12-16. most people start in this age, so having separate responses for 12, 13, 14, 15, etc would be more helpful data-wise. peace.

19. lostblackdog

lostblackdog Member

Thanks for all of you guys' input, but I have set up this poll according to a specific number of factors that set up the framework for this poll.
    TrippinBTM: Don't worry man, I completely understood the restrictions already surrounding this rather "unique" sampling of individuals. I am using much more than just this poll for my preliminary hypothesis development, but I can isolate some datum that will be a piece of a much larger picture that will become clearer as more results come in.
    To everyone else, please do not let this thread mutate into a "When did you start smoking?" or "When did you start smoking pot on a regular basis?" thread!!! Those are all interesting questions, but right now I am simply taking this one question at a time! :) I would love to know more about your individual history regarding when you may or may not have started using cannabis on a regular basis, but THAT is NOT the original question, now is it? :) I'm not trying to be a control Nazi or anything, but in order for this to work properly I'm gonna need you guys to help keep the focus of this thread/poll! My research would be nothing if it wasn't for you guys' cooperation, so this is my humble plea that we try to keep the essential basics intact. Don't worry about writing out what I should have done or what you believe most of the answers are going to fall under - I've got a lot of mathematical formulas and an overall framework behind the mayhem of this method! Don't worry, I will post the results as soon as I have sufficient data, so keep the replies comin'! Tell your friends, your family, your dealers, your homies, whoever you know who can contribute to the project! I'm gonna need a big number of people to reply, so let's get this one outta the way, and then we'll move on to many of the questions that many of you have already suggested... All will be inquired in good time my friends.... all in good time... :)
    Peace, and thanks!

20. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

this was a thread before