Post your organic tea recipies!!

Discussion in 'Organic Cannabis Growing' started by wsiah, Jul 9, 2010.

1. wsiah

wsiah Member

Anyone out there making their own guano/kelp/worm casting teas? I make two different and very simple teas and a combination of the two seems to be great throughout all stages of growth!

2. wsiah

wsiah Member

I take 6 tbls of seaweed and put it in an old pair of panty hose and tie a knot in it. Then I hang that in a liter of cool well water and let it sit at room temperature for 3-5 days stirring it up a few times per day! I cover the container with a piece of nylon as well so it can breath. I do the same thing in a separate container with 4 tbls of indonesian bat guano(.3-12-.5) and it only takes 2-3 days. I use 4 oz of the kelp tea with 2 oz of the guano per gallon of water for veg and 4 oz of each per gallon of water for flowering. I`ve had amazing results with these teas! It seems to cure any problems or defficiencies within a couple of days! Now it`s your turn!

3. wsiah

wsiah Member

no one makes their own teas? Your all missing out on something amazing and cheap! better than bottled nutes(no preseratives) and a fraction of the cost!

4. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

I'm watchin' to see all the growlicious recipes:>)

5. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

Sometimes I take a tea bag and put its contents into the soil with the plant, and also some tea that I hadn't finished, this is great compost for the soil!

6. wsiah

wsiah Member

Just regular tea?

7. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

i've been doing an aerated ewc tea for my mother plants lately.........they seem to like it!

4 gallons of de-chlorinated water
    around 1 lb. of earthworm castings
    and 1 cap full of unsulphured molasses

brew for 48 hours in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone.........apply as a foliar spray or a soil drench.....works great either way! :cheers2:

8. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

I did that with Horse manure but adding molasses sounds like a good thing. Also having the airstone in there keeps it fresh for days!>)

9. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

As many magic mushrooms feel right, add boiling water, cool enough to drink

Live.

Oh, and you can put some tea in there too if you're into that sort of thing :)

10. M4N14C42O

i tried the EWC's without the molasses and still ended up with a decent tea........but the molasses gives the little organisms food and you end up with a bit of a frothy tea instead of just like a sun tea.

EDIT: there is actually a video on youtube that shows the same exact way i make my ewc tea, except i just use bagged ewc's and he uses fresh ewc's from his worm bin combined with bagged ewc's......let me see if i can find it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_i6zCdKMw"]YouTube- Making Worm/Compost Tea rawutah.com

we're talking tea for plants.....not humans ;)

11. M4N14C42O

Well i'm abit stoned and figured id do up a sort of long post on this topic........

let me first say i've been playing with the idea of organic soil and teas for awhile now. I don't use soil for my flowering plants but do use it for my mother plants and being that all my flowering plants come from clones, why not make the moms that supply those clones as happy as they can be?!

after countless hours spent browsing the internet i think i've finally come up with a soil and tea recipe that i like and is still simple. i will post the soil recipe aswell as the tea recipes for seedling/early clone stage, veg stage, and flower stage. though i will only be using the veg tea, i figured the other tea recipes might be appreciated.

sit back, take a toke, and be prepared to read.....it might be abit lengthy :sifone:

Soil Recipe -
    70% Sunshine Mix #1
    20% Perlite
    10% Earth Worm Castings

Once this is mixed up real nice, wet this with the "Soil Prep Tea" before planting.

Tea Recipes - *put all dry ingredients in a paint strainer bag or something similar, or just strain the slush out before using. all tea recipe ratios posted here are for use in a 5 gallon bucket of de-chlorinated water with airstone/s.

Soil Prep Tea -
    1 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano

-Just bubble this in your 5 gallon tea brewing bucket until all of the Peruvian Seabird Guano is dissolved. Then wet your soil mix.

Seedling & Early Clone Tea - (Tea, Tea, Water, repeat)
    1 cup Earth Worm Castings
    1/2 cap unsulphured Molasses

-Bubble this for atleast 24 hours before using.

Vegetative Tea - (Tea, Tea, Water, repeat)
    1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
    1/3 cup Mexican Bat Guano
    1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
    1 cap unsulphured Molasses

Flowering Tea - (Tea, Tea, Tea, Water, repeat)
    2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
    2/3 cup Indonesian Bat Guano
    2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
    1 cap unsulphured Molasses

well that didn't take as long as i thought it would. if there are any questions just fire away.....this is pretty new to me too but ill try and answer any questions that i can. :cheers2:

- 42o -

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

hi manic.. :)

13. wsiah

wsiah Member

I just got some purple cow activated compost. I`m gonna attempt a tea with that and a little molasses with an air stone for 24-48 hrs.

14. dummett29

dummett29 Guest

M4N14C420,

I was wondering if this is just a basic recipie, and if you sometimes add other ingredients like Earthjuice Catalyst?
    Also, do you use any enzyme products like Cannazyme, Sensizyme, or Hydrozyme?

The compost tea recipe I use for 5 gallons of R/O water is:
    1 pound Earthworm Castings
    1 oz Bat Guano (high nitrogen or potassium depending on the cycle)
    1 oz Earthjuice Catalyst (vitamins/sugars)
    1 oz Blackstrap Molasses (food/sugars)
    5 mL Floralicious Plus (Super Concentrated Organic Enhancer)

This recipe seems to be working pretty well for me, yet I am curious to know how well the Indonesian Bat Guano and the Peruvian Seabird Guano work together; that is, how high is the ppm in your tea?
    I only ask that because I cannot get my parts per million to go above 500 for the life of me, and I use Mexican Bat Guano in the veg and Jamaican Bat Guano in the bloom.

-dummett29

15. Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth Member

I make two buckets of worm tea every week for my garden, my recipe is 2 tbs molasses, 2 tbs dr neptunes fish emulsion/kelp extract, and however much worm compost comes out of my Worm Inn, usually about a pound and a half. No complaints so far.. Just gotta make sure you keep the solution aerated properly so it doesnt go anaerobic. The worm inn made by the worm dude is a great worm composter, made out of backpack material so it is fully breathable, and it is flow-through too.

16. bratgirl

bratgirl Member

Hi ORISON. Well I'm gonna give this tea thing a try, but the Peruvian guano is not to be found in my area. So I'm going ahead without it and put the dry ingredients in a nylon stocking weighted to the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket of water and premix the molasses and water first so not to plug up my pump. Do you have any other helpful tips. Any one else can respond, it's just that ORISON has been my go to man for some great help and never let me down. Thanks, Brat Girl

17. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

I know almost nothing about making my own tea.

Awhile ago though I had a Spearmint Plant. I would cut off some leaves and boil them in a pot, wait for it to cool, and that was my tea.

My Spearmint Plant also grew more leaves very quickly.

18. bratgirl

bratgirl Member

I like spearment tea too. Ever taken the leaves and dried them for later use in cooking or just better tea?

I made the EWC tea w/molasses it has been bubbling for 14 hours and the smell is like fresh dirt, very earthy and slighty sweet. I'm not ready to take a sip just yet.

After this tea has bubbled for 24 plus hours how much tea do I add to my regular water when I water my ladies??

Thanks, Brat Girl

19. bratgirl

bratgirl Member

I did some research at my local nursery. A grower told me to use 3 tablespoons of tea to one gallon of water for the first time. Then 3 table spoons of tea once a month during the blooming period. PH your water BEFORE adding the tea. Follow your normal watering and nutrient schedule. There you have it all in a nut shell, maybe it will help someone.
    Brat Girl