Possible way to extract THC? and muscimol?

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by gnomefootlocker, Feb 3, 2009.

1. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

I dont know if this is already a known way of extracting THC from marijuana, but heres my idea--
    Dissolve THC from weed high proof alcohol. (i use mint extract, which is around 89% alcohol content). Basically make marijuana tinture.
    But instead of turning off the heat to get tinture, you continue to heat the alcohol until all of the alcohol has boiled off. The THC shouldn't boil off because the melting point of THC is 392 F while alcohol boils at 173 F.
    You should end up with a sticky ball of pure THC, right?

If this works, from there i was thinking you could do the same with Amanita Muscaria to extract Muscimol in water. Correct? Would you end up with pure muscimol?

Anyone with knowledge of this stuff, replys would be very greatful. Thanks in advance.

2. comradechristophe

comradechristophe Member

3. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

that video didnt really make any sense to me what he was doing. I dont think thats what i am taking about.

4. comradechristophe

comradechristophe Member

he is extracting the thc in a solvent and letting the solvent evaporate leaving nothing but thc

5. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

i would rather not use butane though. Would this still work with high proof alcohol? Would it still be safe to smoke afterwords?

6. Topher D.

Topher D. Senior Member

You're not getting pure THC by doing that. You're making ISO-Hash. or something similar.

7. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

whats a more efective way to do it without using dangerous chemicals. If you soaked it long enough though in the alcohol why wouldnt almost all the thc dissolve?

8. Topher D.

Topher D. Senior Member

Basically, do what you did. then do it again with the goop. thats the best way you can refine it conventially.

9. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

alright thanks. What about if you just boiled it down to a very small ammount, like an eye dropper full. wouldnt you have very potent tincture that you could injext a few drops of?

10. Topher D.

Topher D. Senior Member

i would not under any circumstances inject any THC tincture. and if you extracted it multiple times and then boiled it down to a small tincture, id say just dip a rolling paper into it and then roll a j.

11. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

sorry not inject, "injest" as in drink

12. Topher D.

Topher D. Senior Member

oh, yeah, go for it.