Poppy Seed Tea.

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Eugene, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Okay smackheads (and i mean that in the nicest way), what's everyone's experiences with poppy seed tea.
    I read some reports on Erowid, but the info was sketchy and you need to take the experiences with a grain of salt anyways.
    They say to boil the tea and add a pinch of lemon juice. And for the life of me i can't figure out why. It just seems that boiling would harm the good chemicals and help extract the bad oils and shit. Would a cold-water extraction work.
    How neccessary is the lemon juice. I don't mind the taste of it, and would like to make some lemonade if at all possible.

Oh yeah, how do you get 'good' seeds. I know that most of the time the ones at the grocer are the right kind, but is there any way to be sure, and how much does the potency reduce with age?

1 person likes this.
  2. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

ok. go to coles. buy 4 packets of hoyts 100gram poppy seed thingy's. go home. then start off with 2 packets for your first time, just incase. empty 2 packets into a bowl or big cup. then, yeah you can use cold water extraction, its works fine for me. and lemon, i got no lemons. it will work probably fine without fruit, but i use the juice of a orange just incase. )cause oranges are acidic, aswell) stirr it up for about 13 minits , no more, no less. strain with a coffe filter perhaps. then drink.
    $1.44 a packet. cheap and good.
    dont use boiling water, actually. its been proven elsewhere...

3. Rearden Metal

Rearden Metal Member

Are you guys kidding me? Poppy seeds contain only negligible, trace amounts of opium. You don't want the seeds, you want poppy heads.

All you need is this: http://tinyurl.com/bojua

and this: http://tinyurl.com/7svaz

...and if regular opium was so great, Big Brother would have closed this little loophole a long time ago.

4. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

dont judge it till youve tried it, brudder. it can be very strong indeed. though, if im not mistaken they wash the seeds in some other countries. i live in Australia, here they do not. poppy seed tea, is very much like morphine and a hell of a lot cheaper.

5. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

1 poppy seed bagel will make you fail a drug test. 400grams of it....

6. Rearden Metal

Rearden Metal Member

Oh...I didn't realize you have access to unwashed seeds. That changes everything! :X

(It's not the seeds that are getting you high, it's the opium residue on their exterior.)

7. A-Shwa-Child

A-Shwa-Child Member

So how do you know its not washed? Does it label it on the package?(i doudt that)

8. Denial

Denial Member

Okay I'm confused, do you boil the water or not? If not then it just seems like you're saying mix poppy seeds with water and lemon juice and that will work???

9. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

don't boil it, the people that do apparently end up with an oily/waxy yellow thing that tastes like shit. If you just cover the seeds with some water, add some lemon juice (for flavor really), let it sit for about 15 minutes, strain, then repeat one or two more times, you'll be set.

10. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

A: it isnt labeled on the packet
    B: If not then it just seems like you're saying mix poppy seeds with water and lemon juice and that will work??? ... Yeah, pretty simple... huh

some countries they do wash the seeds, go to the supermarket. if the seeds in the packet have white 'sticky' latex on them, then there not washed. howver if there just blackish looking with little of no whiteness to them, then they've been washed...

just put about 200g or more of seeds (hoyts is the best) into a cup or bowl, and add tap water and a the juice of about one lemon (or orange) into it, just covered enough so there all in covered in liquid... stir pretty constantly for 13 minits exactly (no longer is not better) i wouldnt bother re-extracting stuff, there only very cheap and i think you'll be wasting your time anyway...

dont listen to any boiling-water recipies or any other stupid shit on the net...

11. Denial

Denial Member

Hmm it seems too simple to work, too good to be true, but I'll give it a shot, can't hurt...thanks.

12. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Do the beige seeds have any effect on potency?

13. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

You need pods that grow of the end of the plant unless you just want to drink shitty ass tea for no reason

14. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Pods are technically illegal, just tolerated, it's classified under "poppy straw" in the DEA law thingy, lookit up if you don't believe me. They let it slide most of the time cause people like them in floral decorations, but the more they learn about how stoners are getting high off of them the more likely they are to crack the whip...
    Poppy seeds are completely legal, however, and legal for human ingenstion. If you get unwashed seeds (it's a trial and error process), and do the extraction right (don't chop them, use lukewarm water and some lemon juice for flavor/acidity) you can def. get mad fucked up...
    Also, it's usually better to get your drugs at a supermarket then the grey or black markets...

15. baloon

baloon Member

has anyone here tried that tea out yet? did it work?

I am just wondering, since my grandparents were growing poppys when I was a kid and not only then, but ALL the time grandma is baking cakes with them

16. badwolf

badwolf Member

I did it a few weeks ago and it left me feeling very very euphoric and relaxed.

Its not very exciting, but its great for when you just want to relax and sleep without worrying about a thing.

Tastes like shit though...

17. hermit9

hermit9 Member

awsome ...I plan on doing this sometime this summer after a harvest

18. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

i guarantee to you that this works if you live in Australia.

iv done it lots of times, and 400g of seeds is enough to 'overdose', so iv heard.

you have to try a strong dose before you judge it.

its better than codeine but not quite morphine.

19. winofiend

winofiend Member

hehe, i just bought 450grams from the local growers market.

Emptied about 3/4 of it into a 750ml bottle, filled with water to almost the top and spent 15 minutes shaking it...

Drank about a glass of it... and it was bitter. I topped the lot back up with water and am letting it soak for the rest of the day and will test it later for bitterness.

been about 35 minutes now, and my head feels like it's going to explode, but as yet no real euphoria or anything.. Still way more than I expected. Starting to feel like a codeine extraction. Im definitely getting a warm body feeling, I'll just have to wait and see if I get noddy...

Quite impressed for $2.50 I'd say... A packet of panadiene 50's is over $15 and the cold extraction method sucks...

20. Thunder2002

Thunder2002 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter