poor kai...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mynameiskc, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i took her to the park because it's nice out, and her playmate from next door is out of town this week. she got to play at the park for a long time, but then we had to come home so that i could make some phone calls and get supper in the pot. it was a good time to go, since her new playmates were leaving to go pick up big brothers and sisters at school. she's STILL in her room, crying, totally heart-broken. inconsolable, and, to be honest, a bit bratty. :p i'm beginning to wonder if these little trips to the park are worth it.

2. lynsey

lynsey Banned

have you tried five more minutes? it's good for teaching time too. When it's time to go give her your watch (or buy her a kids watch that's not didgital and has clearly marked numbers) and show her where five more minutes would be and tell her that you both have really important things to do when you get home so for her to let you know when 5 minutes is up. And in first grade when they're all learning how to tell time she'll be way ahead of her peers and that's always cool for both of you.

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

not quite there yet, she's 2. though when i see her getting that cognitive skill, i'll keep it in mind. i think she was just over-tired. she pitched a fit for 10 minutes then fell asleep. i need to better coordinate the park-time and nap-time. :p she played there for 3 hours. it was great. i just think she needs to get used to the idea that sometimes we gotta go home.