Polyphonic Spree

Discussion in 'Music' started by chandra anjali, May 9, 2004.

1. chandra anjali

chandra anjali Member

who here likes polyphonic spree? i just heard of them and a friend gave me the soldier girl single cd and i like it a lot so far.

2. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

Heard of them, saw part of their music video, but the volume was mute so I cant give you an opinion on their sound

3. Velouria

Velouria Member

I think that they sound like a high school marching band on acid. And not in a good way...

4. Fizzyliftingdrink

Fizzyliftingdrink Member

I think they are pretty neat. It's a new sound. I agree with the statement "marching band on acid", but I think it's in a good way

5. Graham

Graham Member

all the songs apart from solider girl that i have heard were a bit dodgey :S :rolleyes:

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I agree with Velouria. They're terrible. They're one of those bands who try to mask their lack of talent with a quirky, eccentric weirdness. What are they, some kind of cult or something?

All I can say is LAME.

They appeared on Conan months back and Conan was even ripping on them after they performed... it was pretty funny.

7. Harmonys_Decade

Harmonys_Decade Guest

8. misterrain

misterrain Banned

I enjoy this band. They're not my favorite, but I did get their first album, and I will pick up the new one as soon as I get the chance. 'Together We're Heavy' is out tomorrow (the 11th) and it will probably be amazing. I heard some of the material from it at their live show, and it was a lot more diverse than the first one... like they had enough time to take advantage of all their members and instruments this time.

The debut was largely improvised... so the songs on the first album aren't necessarily the best-written songs in the world... but they aren't bad, and at least they're not obvious. They are also extremely good live...

AND:

I don't know why so many people are hostile towards this band. It's not like they're Nickelback or something. For the most part, everyone who goes to the show has a good time. And Tim DeLaughter is a great songwriter... the last two Tripping Daisy albums (which no one here has probably heard) proved that.

9. TheDoorsOfPerception

TheDoorsOfPerception Member

hehehe.:D They are very interesting.

10. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

follow the day (shivvers)........................
    ok, maybe if i had eaten PURE MDMA for 3weeks straight i *might like them

*subject rules and regulations, offer not valid in the U.S. see your local gun dealer for releif of any pain or suffering this song may have caused you.

11. ntphishin

ntphishin Member

I think they're ok - people do have fun at the shows - but they're just a little too happy for me. Its certainly not true that they lack talent. Tripping Daisy was much better if you ask me, but that was a completely different style.