Poll

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by ProjectOmnipotentTri, May 13, 2004.

?

Would you?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. If I believed in God.

67 vote(s)
    94.4%
  4. If I didn't believe in God.

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. ProjectOmnipotentTri

ProjectOmnipotentTri Member

Would you buy holy water from an internet auction website if it were blessed by a legally ordained minister, and there were attached photographs of the minister's certification? This poll is anonymous, so please answer truthfully. Thanks

-P.O.T.

2. Juiceman3000

Juiceman3000 Banned

To the best of my knowledge - Roman Catholic Priests are the ones who deal in 'Holy Water'.

I would not be surprised to see some Internet huckster or kooky Televangelist types into 'Holy Water' but its not anything you would find in most any mainline Churches today.

Why would I buy it and why would I need some 'certification'?

I cant think of any reason why?

I used to have a bottle of it, which was left on a cadaver I was transporting from the Uni to the Funeral home.
    It was in a really unique 'virgin mary' shaped plastic bottle.

Im pretty sure the Catholics see it as a 'symbolic' ritualistic purpose and not necessarily having some special properties somehow 'changed' when blessed.

Nope. Wouldnt buy it .. but then again I wont spend 1.50 on a bottle of Evian water either!

3. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

Not that i care. But i leave near Lourdes, it's a pilgrimage town where all the water from it's cavern is holy.

Even if I was christian, i don't see the point of holy water... Killing vampires?

4. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i'm not that thirsty
    the water out of my faucet is just as holy as any other water on earth
    why does some guy with a peice of paper, sayimng mumbo jumbo over it make it any more special?

5. AddictedToStrychnine

AddictedToStrychnine Member

Female Ejaculatory Fluids > > > Holy Water.

6. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I think this is probably in the wrong forum, no one here would consider buying something like that....

Makes me think of the kabala water idiots spend all kinds of money on.

7. Colours

Colours Senior Member

thats a silly question...

When my family went to Rome years ago, we brought back a bunch of things (crosses couple bottles of water) that had been "blessed" by the pope (not personally ;) ). Im wondering how much i could get for a cross blessed by the pope? :D thered be no way to prove it, but, Christians should be a trusting people, shouldnt they?

8. kat_bb3

kat_bb3 Member

Think of all the money you could make....

9. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

a freind of mine concidered selling a bottle of ram das's piss on ebay.. would you buy that too if it was certified authentic?

10. nitemarehippygirl

nitemarehippygirl Senior Member

LOL sera michele, i was just reading about kabbalah water recently. apparently madonna only uses a certain facial moisturizer that contains the stuff. what a load. it's been "treated with ancient scientific wisdom", hahahahaha

:rolleyes:
    man, madonna is such a weiner. and the stuff costs like ten bucks a bottle.

btw i voted for "no", i wouldn't buy some internet holy water. haha

i don't believe its simply seen as a symbolic thing in catholicism at least - many people think 'holy' water possesses curative properties and can do all sorts of magical zappity-do things. just like in catholicism during the eucharist, the wafer and wine are considered to literally turn into jesus' flesh and blood.

11. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

Real "holy water" would never be sold. It would be free.

12. Colours

Colours Senior Member

it is free, in any church. :)

13. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If anyone answers yes, email me, i can whip some up out of the
    tap real quick, or if you prefer, i have dozens of hurricane relief
    bottled water i can pray over.

Send checks and specific god requests to me, and i will pay shipping.

lol

14. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

No, not that church holy water scam ~ real holy water. The real McCoy healing miracle stuff.

15. nitemarehippygirl

what is that?

16. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Hippygirl

Yeh. What IS the 'real McCoy'

Wild turkey?

Occam

17. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I would accept it as a gift if I felt that the minister was sincere, but I would never buy it. I have four bibles, but have never bought one, and never would, they were all gifts. I also have a small glass jar of holy water, blessed by a young lady with no credentials other than that she has a firm spiritual foundation. If people had to buy their way into heaven then there would be a huge number of really wonderful people who would be too poor to pay the cover charge. Sounds elitist to me. On the other hand....... anyone who has too much cash on them can buy all the holy water they want from me. I will gladly sell it by the gallon at a fair price, and even throw in a few prayers for no extra charge. But don't wait, or you might be too late to buy your soul's salvation, should I run out of the heavenly H2O.

18. nitemarehippygirl

lol occam! i'll settle for a coopers. :)

19. Art Delfo

Art Delfo It is dark

Even though this thread is I gess for athesits only ill say

NO

holy water is the biggest scam scince hell

why would god take time out of his day just to bless water
    all water is holy.He made it after all.

20. hippypaul

hippypaul Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Organized religion, in general, is a swindle that allows a few to live without doing productive work. If the organized churches believed the stuff, they preach they would sell the massive amount of real estate they hold, melt down the gold and silver, sell the artwork and give the money to the poor. I would not be at all suppressed to see flogging holy water on EBay endorsed by the Pope. I worked for a Catholic hospital once and their attitude was you should accept a lower wage because all of the profits went to god.