Politics suck

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HashtagInterested, Dec 21, 2019.

1. HashtagInterested

HashtagInterested Members

At one time I would say I was too poor the be Republican, then at age 44 I switched parties. I guess I've made a lot of money in my life, but I'm about as poor as I've ever been now. Does that mean I should switch back?

No! I think I'll hold on, remain true to what I think this county needs, and keep on keeping on. Endurance and the weight, almost feels like an elephant, but it's probably just Bessy. She's a moo'er .

I got chased by about 15 balls hanging bulls once. I was 14. I ended up in a tree as they all gathered round waiting for my dismount. I stayed quiet for about 15-20 minutes then I yelled with everything in me. You should have seen them scatter.

Off I went not a mark on me, smiling all the way home. That was a pretty good day. The adrenaline was high and it was both scary and fun. I guess if they got ahold of me the story would have gone a different way ... Maybe not at all. Sherman knows. I imagine he had more than 15 bulls in that field at one time.

Yeah ... Politics suck.

Irminsul and WritersPanic like this.
  2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Your post sounds a bit trippy. Politics may suck, but what's the alternative? And what does it have to do with bulls (balls?)? So you made a bad choice in your life (switching to Republican) and you're sticken' to it because at the age of 14 you scattered a bunch of bulls by yelling at them and managed to survive? Is this supposed to be a metaphor? And who or what the hell is Sherman? Tank? General? City in Texas? 49er? Makes no sense at all, man!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Your country's 2 party system makes it suck.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  4. HashtagInterested

See what I mean? Umm, I'm still rebublican and always will be, but it works out either way. Say in primaries I like a Democrat, I vote for the worse possible Republican, then main election I vote Democrat. That's the beauty of politics too. Yeah, politics suck.

WritersPanic likes this.
  5. Asmodean

Yes, I see what you mean. You formulate it in general but you mean it mostly national. Correct me if i misinterpreted! :)

6. HashtagInterested

Two big ones and a few other little ones, but we the people, at one time, had the power. Anymore, it's propoganda this and that, mud slinging, and a whole lot of digging and hiding shit. Quite literally sometimes ... Yeah, politics suck. Then again,. I love ice cream and a good burger, but I prefer I nice rib eye steak medium . But yeah, politics suck.

I haven't been swimming for a while, or been with a woman for a while, or smoked
    a good doobie for a while. So yeah, politics suck. I went to a strip club and the ladies looked good, but then they didn't a few months later. Yes! Politics suck. I enjoy the sun and fun and beer in occasion. Politics freaking suck

You get my meaning yet?

Two party is the furthest thing on my mind. You know why? Because politics suck.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  7. Asmodean

I get the jest :-D Thanks for explaining. Yes, working in or following politics can be tedious and takes patience and commitment. It's not for everyone.
    And it looks even worse when there's too much mudslinging and propaganda indeed, like in US national politics.

WritersPanic likes this.
  8. HashtagInterested

Local is where the meat is. Hell, the presidency is the big one, but without a good local in place it won't much matter. I like locals. Community ya know? From jailers to mayor's to give it's to senators and everything in-between. Judges are really really really really important. Don't forget them. They matter. More than you might think.

Judges. Don't forget the judges. I like justice. How about you? I've been deemed a really really really really bad man, but then I guess that depends on where you stand. Ya know? I'm not. Good man ... But I like Goodman. She's a good judge, but I dare say a umm just alright woman.

Yeah, politics suck ... I like k Mart though.

9. They closed the K-Mart in our city, we only had one.

Back in 2001 Bush was in a panic as the economic effects of 9/11 were threatening to kick into full gear. One of his solutions was to issue a $500 check to every head of household. We were living in Schenectady at the time and the local K-Mart offered a $600 K-Mart gift card for every $500 government check. So we took them up on it, knowing we'd burn it out in a matter of months.

It's weird to see a republican gimme program that's not specifically aimed at the wealthy classes. But of course, the rubber band had to snap back, as is always the case when you give away "free" money. GW managed to kick the can down the road for 6 years. It wasn't in full free fall until Obama was picking out white house drapes.

There's a saying in politics, "you always follow a bum".

10. HashtagInterested

Ok, so I'm thinking it was nice to have a man who displayed a real sense of what being human on top. I don't think he was/is a racist. That's the propoganda machine. I guess since he was so politically incorrect, they needed to somehow make him look worse. It's nice to know that our top politicians have a human side. Those goody goody my shit don't stink politicians are the worse. They're either compulsive liers, or too damn out of touch to do any damn good for anyone.

I want a human in office who has been there done that and who owns their life without apology, knowing the strides made in the process of growth and development.

It's been all like. Ohh, so you once smoked marijuana ehh? Or ohh, so you once got a blow job from an intern while you were married huh?

Impeach impeach impeach? The torches and pitch fork crowd . What do you think about them? I like people who can relate to the human experience. People who I can relate to as a human. I'm not a good guy. I admit it, but I'm growing and learning and getting better ... I think, as I go.

Do we really want a self righteous never done no wrong, I'm better than you because I never done what you done type in office?

I don't think so.

11. HashtagInterested

I like social programs, but the cost is high and our debt higher. How do we manage, aside from the private sector, to maintain social welfare and still maintain our standing in the world? Private sector is where it's at, and the Republican party champions this to no end. Democrats always champion social programs but want it controlled by big government, which makes no sense unless we intend to isolate ourselves from the rest of the world, refuse to pay our debts, and put our citizens at risk of a world against us.

I've seen the private sector step up and help like nobodies business. I've also seen the private sector do all in them to humiliate and degrade and trample under foot the very ones holding them up. Community matters. It always comes first.

12. Just because you're a good person doesn't automatically make you self-righteous. Trump is self-righteous and he's a terrible person. No one is perfect, but I'd prefer someone who has made an effort to be a good person.

Okiefreak likes this.
  13. We've had several examples in the top seat already.

14. This is where a big part of the problem for Americans exists; the "ownership" of issues that parties are supporting. I'm all for safety net programs, but there has to be accountability and an exit strategy. It can't be used to shore up the economy in spots forever. The US has the resources to feed everybody, we have the fattest poor people on the planet.

But the US does not have the resources to provide healthcare for the population. There simply are not enough beds, nurses, doctors or hospitals for the population we have and will have going forward. Which is why the Romney-Care plan, a regurgitated Canadian system that failed to scale up, was doomed to fail as the ACA. So our economic class issues continue to affect the quality of health care we can access.

Another puzzling issue is education at the national level. It appears to be designed for mobility as opposed to practicality. A way to keep kids at the same level while their parents chase jobs all over the country.

As for the national debt, classic mismanagement. We owe more money than actually exists.

15. HashtagInterested

What happens to say those left behind? The few, the I'm human and I make mistakers, the I've screwed up and learned but can't get pasters, who have become mindful and compassionate and charitable?

Wait! Let the government sort us out right? The ones who hide their shit and lie instead owning it for a damn good reason why. So while some go to great lengths to hide from their past, and while the people flock to the liers and hiders, there's still some who honor honesty and those who have been there done that and who understand the difficulty s opposed to pretending just to Garner votes so they can claim title to the so called free world throne. Yeah,. Politics suck.

I need a bite to eat, but I missed breakfast and have no money, and I've made millions in my lifetime. Ya gotta love the theives man. The dirty no gooders who are better than me and you, or at least pretend to be.

Maybe I should go fishing or grab a gun and hunt, get out the world and political arena for a while and live off the land by the sweat of my brow, which I prefer over the shady practices of many. Shady trees and therepy and growing a garden sounds pretty good.

Keep and count the cash ... I guess they earned it. They were better theives than me. Honesty and truth and I guess im being set free from the bs political shadiness and inheriting the shade of the trees.

But yeah, politics suck and maybe you're right ... A genuinely good person is needed in office, one who's shit don't stink and who never said shit or anything offensive ever.

16. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Politicians suck

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  17. Asmodean

For a large part because the voters fucked up.

18. HashtagInterested

The way they're playing it, it'll take 20 years just to pay off interest rates, then comes the multi trillion dollars debt that we either pay or don't. Money ... Do we need it? Well, it helps but some store it up which doesn't lend itself to increase, others make fake money, which devalues real money, and so this nation gets poorer and poorer and continually increase our debt ranking.

We the people are massive, but we the people have such contrasting ideas of what we need, it's difficult to come to an agreement. So, we're in debt the value of the us dollar decreases as money is horded and counterfitted. Some work, but the talants are being refused. Most are out for themselves, and still somehow some in the private sector manage to help secure the social net in some communities. Other communities? Well, it has become a battle field and dog eat dog and if you don't do this you gotta go or we'll make you wish you went.

Money ... Increase ... Potential ... Talents ... Abilities ... and those who refuse for their own benefit only to shoot themselves in both feet to spite their face. How this nation will survive this is beyond me. Yeah, politics suck.

I don't need much, food shelter, comfort, and a honest to goodness fighting chance to realize my American dream. I like toys like boats and Harley's and classic muscle cars, but I can do without, I can conserve energy, I can grow my own, hunt and gather for my own, build my own, but what happens with the economy after?

I've made millions in my lifetime, but talents stifled and theives continually taking makes it difficult to help, so ... I'm left with a garden and primitive know-how. Yeah, politics suck.

19. HashtagInterested

I wasn't able to vote, but I became a Republican just prior to last election. I campaigned for Obama too ... Go figure. Chicago boy who understands, I voted once for Al but he didn't win. I would have voted Trump and meant it, but wasn't able ... Since it has been a battle of endurance and sifting through the propaganda. It's funny how news changes from state to state, and how things are said, clipped, and translated sometimes. What's even crazier is how things get hacked and manipulated and meanings changed in a 180 manner.

But we have next election to look forward to. I truly feel sorry for the one who's elected too. Yeah, politics suck and I'm pretty sure most formals will say the same. You don't want this job!!!

20. Asmodean

Politics don't suck by definition. It's mainly your country's circumstances that make it suck.

Flagme15 likes this.