Politics Forum Guidelines

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbus

Balbus Super Moderator

Politics Forum Guidelines (Where they are different than the general forum guidelines)

As often stated this is not a bulletin board it is a place to debate politics.

For that reason cut and pasted articles or links [including video] should be used sparingly and more as a way to highlight a persons viewpoint rather than as a replacement for a persons viewpoint.

People that consistently post articles or links without comment may find their posts removed.

It’s a conspiracy

I enjoy the occasional conspiracy theory they can be fun or thought provoking, but they can also become repetitive, dogmatic and can become more about suppressing political debate and thought than promoting it. Therefore posts about conspiracies may find themselves being transferred to the Conspiracy Forum or deleted.

Misquoting other members can bring a period of time out or could lead to a permanent ban.

2. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

Sounds good to me.
    Easy rules to follow.

Of course there are always those you have to "buck the system" so to speak.

Call them trolls, spammers, CT's who insist on posting their unfounded ideas in a serious political forum instead of the Conspiracy Forum where they belong.

To all of you i say: shape up!

Or, if you insist on breaking these simple rules and posting your nonsence, do it elsewhere!

Like in 99 Bottles for instance:

99 Bottles
    Anti-Politics forum. Promoting Individuality, Community Action, Creativity and Personal Growth

I for one welcome the change of pace and the freshness that this will bring to the Politics forum.

Kudos, Balbus, Kudos! :)

So which style of Debating are we using?
    Are there going to be judges?
    Is there a link that you could provide outlining the specific rules and procedure you'd like for us to follow?
    Are there going to be seperate teams?
    Is there a time frame on these debates?
    What about a points system?

3. Balbus

Balbus Super Moderator

LOL a great example of damning with praise from the person that has wanted at least two people permanently banned because he didn’t like their posts.

4. guy

guy Senior Member

you are a cruel master balbus

(shakes fist)

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator

Balbus, I think we should reiterate that only members, people with 100+ posts may post in here.
    for those wondering, this board became a spam magnet for one-sided political postings and general attacks by people not contributing any discussion elsewhere on the boards.

6. Balbus

Balbus Super Moderator

Thanks Drumminmama

It is worth repeating, although i've been happy to explain to those that pm me asking why they cannot get on.

7. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

Political threads are my favorites. Unfortunately, they can inspire personal attacks by those who have nothing to back up their opinions but hot air, cliches, and arrogance. Those flame who cannot refute. Posters who are incapable of debating rationally should remain silent in the presence of posters who know what they are talking about. They should keep their silly prejudices and their adolescent vulgarity to themselves. :D:rolleyes::D

8. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Sorry Scribe. I said "fuck you" in a response to you today. :S

But it wasn't really directed at you actually. I think some vulgarity has its place, especially in a manner of which I felt like I just needed to express myself towards you, but not really attacking you.

Anyway, I think that's probably the most vulgarity you will see from me in these forums. I don't mean any disrespect at all by it. It's just street talk, s'all.

9. Balbus

Balbus Super Moderator

A member’s name may not be used in the title of a thread in the political forums.

Any thread posted after 27/10/08 mentioning a member in the title will be closed.

10. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

11. Hyde

Hyde Member

So what if a conspiracy theory had well documented evidence and was pertaining to some political debate? Would it still be likley to be moved? After all well backed up conspiracies are what us smart CT's thrive off of. We're not gonna sit here and rant about hydroponic cars that have been around since the like late 60's but that the government has tried to shut down to keep us in need of gas. Hmmph :toetap05:

12. odon

odon Slightly Popular

...are you sure about this?

13. ronny25

ronny25 Member

I think that's probably the most vulgarity you will see from me in these forums. I don't mean any disrespect at all by it. It's just street talk, s'all.

14. Thats flat out bull. So much for free speech. The tags and headers that promote this site as free speech are lies.

15. from that page

yet clearly we see here that that is simply not true.

16. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

If you have issues with a particular forums moderator then please take it up privately with that moderator and not discuss moderation openly. It has been posted elsewhere here-- this site cannot abridge your free speech- only the government can.

Ultimately if you do not agree with how Hip Forums is being run then you are perfectly free to post elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.