Political Satire

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hotwater, Dec 9, 2021.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Keep in mind that people tend to vote more conservatively as they get older, but even still this is encouraging!

hotwater likes this.
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

My faculty advisor in graduate school had a framed needlepoint hanging on the wall behind her desk;
    "I WILL NOT GROW MORE CONSERVATIVE WITH AGE".

4. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I certainly did not become more conservative as I aged. Unfortunately I live in Ohio surrounded by Ridiots. It is rare that I vote for someone who wins.

granite45 and Tyrsonswood like this.
  5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

6. newo

I'm somewhat more conservative than I was in my 20s. I no longer want to overthrow the government and replace it with a communist one. I no longer celebrate when a cop gets killed. While I believe that polluters should be arrested, I no longer believe they should be executed. I support peaceful protest but I oppose riots. I was kinda radical then, now I'm more of a left-leaning moderate.

hotwater likes this.
  7. hotwater

8. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I tended to be pretty much middle of the road until 1980. Then in my job as an economist, working with income distribution among quintiles of the population, I watched in horror as the policies of RR stopped the decades long trend towards more equality in its tracks and began the pattern of making the wealthy wealthier….at the expense of everyone else…particularly the poor. And Republicans used every trick in the book to accelerate the concentration of wealth.

And everything they have done since including the pathetic Supreme Court nominations, gerrymandering, supporting DT, has raised my level of wanting more progressive government. Isn’t anyone else tired of prurient and ignorant ranting about “leftists and communists”? The ultra conservative, ultra wealthy are more of a threat to Americans than any “leftist” group ever was. In the words about a former Senator from my home state…and I’m old enough to remember McCarthy…”have you no shame?”

Piobaire and J Mike like this.
  9. J Mike

J Mike Members

I agree 100 percent! The far right has been scrambling for decades to secure the continuation of minority rule, as the 2 senators from each state and the electoral college ensure that republicans have majority representation in congress, despite having only like 40 percent support. F'ing hate it, the majority of the population is progressive and wants to advance beyond the fucking NRA and mass shootings, and all of the other Qtrumplican bullshit. They have no platform. They want nothing except power.

granite45 likes this.
  10. hotwater

[​IMG]

J Mike likes this.
  11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

319782452_10160631190604138_6469581296474989611_n.jpg

J Mike likes this.
  12. newo

Okay. And for good measure I'll text it to others and tell them not to share it.

J Mike and hotwater like this.
  13. hotwater

And they wonder why we call them deplorables

[​IMG]

Tyrsonswood, thepapasmurph and J Mike like this.
  14. J Mike

J Mike Members

So freaking grotesque

hotwater likes this.
  15. newo

Deplorable, delirious, demented and deranged!

[​IMG]

16. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

New York State is an interesting liberal state. You don't have to drive very far out of a few liberal leaning urban areas to realize you might be in Mississippi.

J Mike likes this.
  17. newo

I forgot delusional!

J Mike and Tyrsonswood like this.
  18. newo

Here in Oregon we're blue as they come, but when you get outside of Portland, Salem or Eugene and into the rural areas you'll see Trump signs all over.

thepapasmurph likes this.
  19. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Across America the split is actually rural versus urban. And unfortunately the people who seem to embrace the fascist ideology in some of these areas don’t like community, or taking care of disadvantaged people or democracy or science or education or …ad infinitum.

I know. I grew up in such a household with a continual barrage of racist ranting, hatred of anyone different. All his life problems were a result of people in Milwaukee and Madison. His dream was to build a house in the middle of 160 acres and intimidate anyone who came close with a batch of firearms. Never could figure that out.

J Mike and Piobaire like this.
  20. newo

[​IMG]

J Mike and granite45 like this.