Political Graffiti

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by MonkWizard, Sep 9, 2013.

1. MonkWizard

MonkWizard Guest

I grew up doing graffiti because I felt suppressed. I decided I wanted to save the world so I dropped out of high school and ran away from home, travelling between festivals, communes, organic farms, and any group that claimed to want to build a self sustaining community. I did that for two years and now I've decided to add some stability to my life. I'm 19 years old and going to college hoping to be a professional writer or a politician someday. I've been paying attention to politics for a while now and the USA is angering me greatly so I'm looking for some other activists to possibly organize with. I guess I'm just another dirty hippie who's started washing his hair to make a better impression on the masses. :sunny:

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

hello and welcome!

3. MonkWizard

MonkWizard Guest

Thank you! :D

4. newbie-one

you're welcome! admirable sentiment, by the way.

I once tried to go down a similar path when I was about your age.

I recommend that you choose your school wisely.

5. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I paint as well! I tend to write haiku and cute creatures.
    Closest I came to political graff was a "Vote for Roslin" Battle Star Galactica thing. :D

6. MonkWizard

MonkWizard Guest

Good to meet another writer, Hecubus! Stay up!

Yeah, I think I'm wanting to transfer to a state school once I have enough credits to be a sophomore. Anything in particular I should look out for while considering that move?

7. newbie-one

Well, there may be many things to consider. One is money.

Another thing is to consider the community that you will find. I tried going to the most liberal, politically active school that I could find. What I discovered, much to my horror, is that idealists are actually a fairly rare breed. The liberal activists at my school didn't really give a damn about any issues, unless their self-interest was at stake.

8. MonkWizard

MonkWizard Guest

Yeah, crazy, I've been running into that same problem where I've been, which is why I've turned to the internet, haha. I'll have to put some more thought into the subject. I'm glad you brought that to my attention. :sunny: