Police State USA

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

By the way, deviate, I generally think about the 4th amendment the way gun nuts think about the 2nd amendment, but I must say, it protects against UNREASONABLE search, which may not include a manhunt of this sort. I think on one hand, it should be possible to do what needs to be done in this situation, but obviously it was pretty inept and mostly a show of force, given PR's link here.

So, I absolutely must agree, seeing the pictures of people with hands behind their heads and such there, that's quite unreasonable looking.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

So we should all just capitulate to having our rights violated? Is that what you're saying.

Admit it, you love big brother. You are Parsons from Orwell's 1984.

3. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

Well I think most people do. When you get down to the grit they all say they want freedom, that they respect freedom and would die for it. But what they call freedom is really only just going shopping.

Therefore you can say that life is nothing more than a shopping trip that happens between birth and death.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

well, I take back what I said earlier about the searches being voluntary...

this was definitely unnecessary force. I watched the whole youtube video and it made me sick to my stomach.

5. odonII

odonII O

Is there any comments from the people who were 'ripped from their homes'? I hate for Alex Jones' types to have lead on the narrative.

6. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I'd like to hear the conversations that went on between these people and the police, especially when they first came to the door. We don't have a clue what was said. Maybe they told the police to go fuck themselves.

7. odonII

odonII O

Fill in the blanks with your own prejudices - seems to be the order of the day.

8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Can you read? :mad: I said that we don't know what was said.

9. odonII

odonII O

Yes I can read. The fact that we don't know was my point. I've read how people here feel about what went down - but not those involved. People here are filling in the blanks with their own prejudices. You didn't seem to be saying: I bet they told the police: 'go fuck themselves.' - but what they COULD have said. I could have made my point clearer, I guess.

I agree: I'd like to hear the conversations that went on between these people and the police, especially when they first came to the door. We don't have a clue what was said.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sorry but this made me lol...

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

Im sorry my wife and I are in the middle of crossdressing role play "the silence of the lambs", but this is an exciting backdrop, mind if we use a couple your fbi guys? ...

13. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

If this sort of thing was a common, widespread practice, there's going to be lawsuits.

14. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I read that the ACLU would like to here from some of these residents but as of yet, have not.

15. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I'd say. On the surface, there appears to be grounds for a civil rights class action suit here, but the ACLU will dig a lot deeper into the facts before taking action. Things are not always as they appear.

Obviously, it can't ever become legal to point guns at the heads of everybody who lives in a town, just because there might be a criminal around. It only takes a muscle twitch or a misunderstood gesture to result in instant death.

16. acuarela

acuarela Member

Some of these pictures were interesting to see. I think there are definitely some questions to be asked.

http://imgur.com/a/Nx8EU

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Interesting.
    If some of that is true, poor Tsarnaev brothers :-(

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Am I the only one who thinks how typical american this is :D After all, it's not in the first place 'police state USA' [​IMG]

19. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

You don't really know. You don't live here.

I never see things similar to the video or any of the pics in this thread. I only see police dealing with traffic accidents and writing traffic tickets. I saw suspects in handcuffs one time in my life, in San Francisco.

20. acuarela

acuarela Member

I don't know how anyone could dislike your post.

"*if it's true*, what a terrible thing happened to them.

No, that's unacceptable. How could you even say that?"

People are so fucking weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.