Police State USA

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

About 10% of the households in Mass. own guns.

2. Redneck66

Redneck66 Member

Not knowing what they might have found, the cops "called in the world" on this one. One photo amuses me, of the cops all in military gear and camouflage. I mean, how much forestation is there in Watertown that cammies were going to do more than make them stand out and better targets? Would they have been better dressing up as Smart Cars or BMWs instead?

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Hahahah...

good one.

4. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

So did the police avoid those homes?

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

What kind of question is that? You don't just open fire on the cops for knocking on your door because you own a gun.

I would, however, exercise my 4th amendment rights and tell them to come back with a search warrant and I will call them if I see the suspect. I don't give a shit if they beat my ass for it.

6. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

I don't belive you at all. Sorry

I'll bet that you would have put your hands up like the rest of them and just walked out of the house

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Even if I get in bitter arguments with them, I can like people of all stripes.

But not dishonest people.

All it takes is reading a few of your posts, or ANY one of your posts with your name in mind, to see what a hypocrite you are.

8. deviate

deviate Senior Member

You don't have to believe me, I don't really care.

I would've had my hands visible, possibly up, so I don't get shot by an adrenaline junkie cop. But they would've had to drag me out of my house. And that's a lot more cooperative than plenty of people would be around here. I'm not from fuckin boston dude.

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I would imagine, deviate, that in the circumstance that occurred in Boston the police would have found your behavior highly suspect for a number of possible reasons such as,

The wanted person had gained entry and was holding a gun on you or your loved ones and was forcing your behavior.

You were operating a terrorist safe house the wanted person had been attempting to reach and had in fact reached.

You had something to hide in the face of a declared emergency.

In any event if they didn't like your attitude or thought your behavior was in anyway strained, they would have acted in some manner that would not have included, we better leave this guy alone as he knows about the 4th Amendment.

And do you mind if I ask where you are located that is not Boston?
    Are you in the U.S.?

10. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I'd like not to get shot but other than that I couldn't give two shits what they would think of my behavior. They are the ones acting outside of the law, not me.

And I live in Florida. Originally from northern Virginia.

11. MeAgain

Unfortunately all laws are subject to debate and interpretation, this can be done by lawyers or private citizens in a courtroom, or other appropriate places. But if several well armed swat members show up at my door looking for a terrorist that had attacked The Boston Marathon and had been throwing bombs and lead at them hours before a couple blocks away, all resulting in the death of their own and three civilians and the wounding of some one hundred and fifty others, some grievously; and I knew that they had a back up of approximately 9,000 others including the Governor, President, and Mayor of a major city....
    I don't think I would be inclined to argue legalities with them at that exact moment.

I don't think you really understand the nature of the American people especially the military and police mind set. If they think they are acting in the right, you will be ground to a pulp and your relatives can address the legal issues later.
    I don't think the Florida officials would act any differently if The Daytona 500 was attacked in the same manner.

12. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I've stood by my principles in the face of danger before. I've had guns to my head by both rogue dc cops (for skateboarding).. and street thugs. And that wasn't even on my property. I am fully cognizant of the police mindset in, believe me. What I think you don't understand is how principled I am. I take my rights as an US citizen very seriously.

And let's hope that your theory about fl law enforcement never gets tested, but let me say again that this is not the first time boston has been put on lock down. To this degree, sure. And I don't think things would play out the same here, at all. For starters it is more spread out here.

What is the point of arguing about this anyway? None of you even know me.

13. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

The problem is, that might get you shot.

What would you think of my solution to that? I don't know if this is exactly how it is, but I think in a state of emergency it makes sense to allow for broad searches, ON THE STRICT CONDITION that nothing found can be used to prosecute you, and all they can do is look for a terrorist?

Now obviously, with our retarded laws on things like drugs and alcohol production, you might have to move some shit out quickly, before they used their knowledge to build some sort of other case for a warrant.... but hey, I think our system is fucked, I'm talking about in an ideal world where you can have a still next to your grow room, and it's all legal.

14. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I have the subframe out of a volvo at work right now, with the engine hung from the top. I might drop the engine or trans on my head tomorrow and die. But I don't really live my life based on the fear of possibilities. Sometimes but usually I ignore it.

Stills and grow rooms should be legal of course. But even if they were I still wouldn't agree with wide scale warrantless paramilitary searches of individual property.

15. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Oh, really? Boston has been put on lockdown before? And where are you getting your misinformation?

16. MeAgain

As you said, we don't really know each other. Don't assume you are the only person on this site who has ever looked down the wrong end of a gun or had to deal with the police, thugs, or gang members.

Different conclusions can issue from similar circumstances.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think everyone is failing to take into account the fact that as swat teams went door to door, they asked every house permission to enter. So they didn't really impede on anyone's rights, and at the same time anyone who said no isn't going to get shot..the only thing they could possibly do is go get a warrant.

I do think the culture down south is different.More people would likely refuse. Personally I would say yes if they asked but if they just stormed in without asking I would tell them to get the hell out of my house without a warrant. You guys do know we as Americans have that right. They aren't just going to shoot you down if you invoke your constitutional rights.

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Speaking only for NC, there is a big difference between urban and rural areas. Our rural countryside and small towns are loaded with gun fanatics and anti-government conspiracy theorists. I don't see much of that in our larger cities or their suburbs. It's really two different worlds.

In general, it seems like rural people take a more "do it yourself" approach to life, whereas city people are constantly interacting with and depending on others for all kinds of things.

Gun nuts are going to love this story for all the wrong reasons, but I'm going to tell it anyway, because it's funny and true:

One time many years ago, an escaped convict walked into a bar in Marion, NC late in the afternoon, just to buy a drink. Word of his escape had already been all over local radio and TV. The police received an anonymous phone call that there had been an incident at the bar. Police found the convict dead, with many bullet holes from many different types of guns. The place was empty except for one bartender, who was calmly drying glasses and putting them away. He told police he had not seen or heard anything. No suspects in the killing were ever identified.

It's kind of a cool story, like a scene from a Sam Elliot movie, but it also makes me want to avoid Marion and places like it. If the locals mistakenly think you're a bad person, you might not live long enough to prove them wrong. I'll put my trust in the city police. At least they don't regularly make life and death decisions while drunk.

When Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph was hiding out in the mountains of extreme western NC over the winter of 2002-2003, not only did the FBI not get any cooperation from local residents, but some of them actually helped Rudolph get supplies.

Anybody who thinks it would be cool to live in a place like that should see the movie Deliverance, which was filmed near the NC-Georgia border.

19. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

if it's legal, you could just plant it in the yard :)

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.