Police State USA

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I wouldn't worry too too much, thanks to the 2nd amendment :)

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

What 2nd Amendment?

Oh... nevermind. You don't live in NY.

3. deviate

deviate Senior Member

It's alive and well down here. Sorry you have to deal with cuomo.

[​IMG]

4. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Seems even worse than Israel. And Israel does have a bit more reason to have those kind of force out on the streets I'd think.

5. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Outside of the politics, there are practical reasons why overkill should be avoided. Having too many officials in one area opens up the possibility of more people being shot. The police, unarmed officials, rescue workers, and anyone else near the scene can be hit by bullets, whether they are coming from suspects or the police.

6. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Overkill in many raids is used on purpose as a psychological tactic. The government raid on the house where relatives had Elian Gonzalez is an example. The various agents, the military style apparel, large guns, and yelling was obviously done to overwhelm the residents psychologically.

Of course, the government officials who did the raid said that they didn't frighten little Elian or the relatives. They offered some hard-hitting proof by releasing a photo and an official statement to the public illustrating that the official with the helmet, goggles, and big gun who was in front of Elian and the other guy in the closet didn't actually have his finger right on the trigger. What a relief. It's near certain that Elian and the relatives saw that his finger wasn't actually on the trigger and felt relieved that the government was actually there to protect them.

[​IMG]

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

"collateral damage" [/sarcasm]

8. deviate

deviate Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvmzCMT-4Q4"]Boston Bombing and Civil Liberties Violations - YouTube

9. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

deviate, this video is bullshit. On Friday, I was waiting for the SWAT teams to come to my door. Did I worry about putting away my herb or the dildos or erasing my browsing history? No! Because I knew they would come in and quickly look around for a fugitive and if they didn't see anyone, they would move on. They didn't have time for anything else. Altho they never came to my door in Watertown, I understand that's exactly what happened. So, you can call it a dreaded police state, but the police did what they were supposed to do -- catch a terrorist.

Altho I certainly thought about owning a gun, I realized, like most people in Boston, that it actually is better to rely on the police than to try to handle it myself with a gun.

10. Pressed_Rat

Only an idiot would allow police to look in their homes without a search warrant.

11. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Exactly. I would never comply to that BS. My response would be if there is a terrorist in my house I'll be calling you guys to come get the body. Now get off my property unless you have a warrant.

It's a shame that so many people are ok with this crap. Not only ok with it, but now they think the only reason why you wouldn't want a fucking swat team in your house is because you must be hiding something.

12. deviate

deviate Senior Member

How is it better? You do realize that it is more than likely you'd be dead before the police could respond right?

You do what you want, and honestly, I wish you the best leaving your life up to others to come save you. I'll take care of my home with 2,000 feet per second fragmented bullets. (which won't penetrate walls and endanger neighbors)

13. Pressed_Rat

Tell me about it, man. This is how conditioned people have become to this stuff. They don't even think about it, much less question it. It really scares the hell out of me. So many people have been completely domesticated like sheep that they have no problems with what they see going on before their eyes. I really shudder to think what things will be like in another 10 years.

14. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I hate to pigeonhole one party, but democrats seem to be 100% willing to give up not only their 2nd amendment rights.. but their 4th now as well.

15. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Not exactly. Democrats fight much harder than the dark side to preserve 4th Amendment rights. Normally, I would never let them come in without a warrant. But this was not a normal situation. You seem to fail to recognize that.

16. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

Anyone ever hear the story that goes...

3 men find a genie in a bottle and let it out. Since they all found the genie they all get 1 wish.

The first man being proud citizen of the United States wishes that all the serving military men all over the world and any citizen be instantly transported home to the good old USA.

The second man also patriot smiles and wishes that a giant impenetrable and impervious wall reaching all the way up the upper atmospher surround the United States making sure the nation stay safe.

The third man who wasn't a yankie asks the genie if anything can get out of the United States now. The genie assures him that in as much as nothing can get in... so nothing can get out.

This last man than promptly wishes the United States be filled with water.

That brings me to the moral of this story. When you let fear guide your decisions... No matter how good your intentions are, you're going to end up in a prison of your own making with someone else profiting from your misery.

Therefore if the United States is police state.
    It is one that the people of the good old USA created all on their own. (and I can't feel sorry for any of you)

17. Pressed_Rat

Not just willing -- they don't believe the 2nd Amendment should even exist.

I despise fake, warmongering conservatives (most of them don't even know what conservatism is), but liberals are by far the worst when it comes to how they view government.

18. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

THIS. People don't get this.... you can say no, and it doesn't make you a criminal or a bad person!!

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I think that that chick was espousing a highly intelligent, well thought out, rational point of view. I was dazzled by her command of the art of rhetoric and her personal charisma and demeanor. I think I'm in love.

And I can see the logic.

Let's assume every household and business in Boston had at least one assault type weapon close to hand, something they could get to in, oh, say a minute. We could then be assured of at least one person per household that could form an impromptu mini militia made up of at least one minuteperson or minutepersonette.

Now if this young terrorist dude approached any house or business he would be met with a burst of fire in his general direction. He won't have to be hit, just scared off. Now, what could he do? He would wander from house to house, business to business, dodging lead all the way.

Eventually he would starve to death as it's still to cold in Boston for family gardens to be producing any worthwhile foodstuff.

And the cops could just wait at Dunkin' Doughnuts and pick up the body later.

20. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

...which is exactly how the gun fanatics live every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.