Police pepper spray young children in Pittsburgh today

Discussion in 'Protest' started by ChanginTimes, Aug 20, 2005.

1. HonkyTonk

HonkyTonk Member

I'm taking the realistic side of the arguement, it's not my fault that police do this shit. It also isn't my fault that protesters brought thier kids along, but some realism is needed here more than idealism.

2. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

And do you know why its lower now? Its because a lot of people who want to enlist aren't qualified (there are qualifications you know, as with everything else.)
    "Look it up" my girlfriend just enlisted and is off at basic training right now. I spoke with a couple of recruiters myself. How about you "look it up" ?

"hard-right republican" I was the lead volunteer and county organizer for Ralph Nader's campaign last election... he beat Kerry and finished 2nd in my county, because of *my* hard work getting his word around.
    "Talk to activists" I am an activist, fool.

I was homeschooled and & should've graduated a year early, but some of the credits didn't count so I have to go back to a public school and take 3 more classes.. and then I'll have two high school diplomas. :rolleyes:
    I had no public school teachers, nor did my mother help me at all. Like I said, you don't know me... obviously.

This coming from a 25 year old who thinks he'll be able to make a change by protesting a recruiting station.. yeah, I'm really gonna listen to you here. :rolleyes:

3. ChanginTimes

ChanginTimes Member

intellectually inferior bike rider.

4. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

Exactly, and when you see the situations that they're applied in, it makes you wonder why it must come to that so quickly.

5. soulrebel51

Because they're cops. They can do whatever they want without fear of getting reprimanded.

6. ChanginTimes

ChanginTimes Member

I voted for Nader in both 2000 and 2004. For someone who also backed him, you sure do have some very...questionable points of view.

Once again, protesting the recruiting station is only one small part of the movement, but ignore that once again.
    Second, why would you let your genius of a girlfriend enlist to the military if you're against the war? I mean, I know she has a mind of her own (hopefully) but did you at least try to talk her out of it? And what did you talk to the recruiters about? Enlisting yourself? Smart for a guy who claims to be against the military industrial complex! lol

Third, what about the original topic of the thread which you are STILL ignoring? Ya know, the illegal police actions, you dope. Does that mean nothing to you? Do you think the police were right for what they did because YOU don't agree with the protesters? Maybe you should go join the police, you sound just like one of them.

You may be what you say you are...but that just makes it even worse because you SHOULD know better, yet you seem to not.

Believe me, I know exactly what I'm talking about, I've been politically active for about 5 years now, worked with many groups, been to many meetings...and trust me, there are TONS of activists out there who would think of you as a raging moron. Believe me...they would. ;)

You have a serious problem with only addressing certain points that I make, while completely leaving out others...another typical trait of a rightwing mind (regardless of who you may vote for).

Again, grow up. And get off your pedestal, you're not as wonderful as you want people to think you are, kiddo.

7. soulrebel51

I'm a realist.

Its not going to change a damn thing.
    I tried to talk her out of it, but in the end, its what she wanted to do.
    We talked about the military. I asked him "well isn't the military worried about the declining number of enlistees, and he said "no, because more people want to enlist now more than ever, its just that a lot of them aren't qualified." Along with other questions, obviously.

A bunch of protesters spontaneously gathering at a recruiting office which has been doing business everyday without change... sounds pretty odd to me. ;)

I've considered it, it'd be the perfect job to have if you want to make lots of money off of drugs. Mayhaps if I don't get anywhere with teh music..

I do know better. I'm just a realist.. I know what can change and what can't, unlike you, you little wannabe hippie. Aren't you a little old to act like that?

People who protest a recruiting station because they believe it will stop the war and then blame the police for over-reacting are raging morons.

I've got them all now.
    ahah.. are you sure you're not 14?

I really don't give a damn what people think of me, obviously. I know I'm wonderful.

8. ChanginTimes

ChanginTimes Member

"I'm a realist."

Too trite, sorry...try again.

"Its not going to change a damn thing."

You have every right to think that but I honestly don't care what your opinion is on it, it's not even the topic of the thread you dolt.

"I tried to talk her out of it, but in the end, its what she wanted to do."

May God be with her.

"and he said "no, because more people want to enlist now more than ever, its just that a lot of them aren't qualified.""

well, I guess it's a matter of who you choose to believe is telling the honest truth.

"A bunch of protesters spontaneously gathering at a recruiting office which has been doing business everyday without change... sounds pretty odd to me."

Yet you STILL avoid the question. Nuff said on that you sore loser.

"I do know better. I'm just a realist.. I know what can change and what can't, unlike you, you little wannabe hippie. Aren't you a little old to act like that?"

Once again showing your vast wisdom and knowledge. You call yourself a realist because you think it sounds "hip" to call yourself that. It means donkey shit to me because you're a typical everyday phony who's never able or willing to admit that he's wrong...about anything at all. You sad, sad kid.
    Also, I don't consider myself a "hippy". I'm just a person with a conscience. And for someone who seems to not like hippies, why do you bother coming into this site so frequently?

"People who protest a recruiting station because they believe it will stop the war and then blame the police for over-reacting are raging morons."

Trust me, there are people involved in OTHER movements as well who would also not be able to help but laugh in your naively arrogant face. What you got on that?

"I've got them all now."

No...you don't. ;) Even still. And you won't the next time either, I predict. Or the next. Just shut your dumb little boyhole and go read a book.

"I really don't give a damn what people think of me, obviously. I know I'm wonderful."

Keep reminding yourself of that so you won't forget, your sad insecure little mind will likely need it.

In short, you got nothing on me...or the peace movement...or any faction of it. Just go find another website to play in...maybe one about the latest video game trends. It would be much more up your alley. Go play with your state of the art toys.

9. soulrebel51

eh, why the hell am i even replying.. :rolleyes:

"Too trite, sorry.. try again"
    good job trying to sound like me. :rolleyes:

"May god be with her"
    If there was such a thing, sure.

"Yet you STILL avoid the question."
    What the fuck is the question, then?

"You call yourself a realist because you think it sounds "hip" to call yourself that. It means donkey shit to me because you're a typical everyday phony who's never able or willing to admit that he's wrong...about anything at all."
    Ah yes, becuase I am one who gives a damn about what is "hip" ... thats why I play my guitar all day instead of going to parties and making friends and staying in the fashion trend and blindly following liberal ideals. ;)

"Trust me, there are people involved in OTHER movements as well who would also not be able to help but laugh in your naively arrogant face. What you got on that? "
    And what other movements would these be? The "the animals are oh so holy so lets pretend vegetables were never living" movement? Or possibly the "I hate Bush but don't know why I do" movement? or better yet, the "lets support John Kerry because he is soooo much different than Bush" movement?

"Keep reminding yourself of that so you won't forget, your sad insecure little mind will likely need it. "
    *sigh*, you're the 4th or 5th person who's called me insecure because I know that I'm the shit... If I'm so insecure, then why is it that I only need my approval and nobody else's? And if I'm so insecure, then why would I take the unpopular side of an argument with you?
    And even yet, if I'm so insecure, then why would I think of myself as sexy and intelligent and something of a genius without caring what other people think of me? How about you 'go read a book'.. I suggest something on psychology, you knowledgeless little baby. ;)

"video games and state of the art toys" I don't play with video games or toys.. I read, write, play music, and come on here... yep, you sure know everything about me, man.

10. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

soulrebel (plassy noel ) are you better than carlos santana yet ? . also for wanting to sit with the lads (oasis ) man i guarante that within five minutes of you spouting utter bollocks you would need a ambulance . MY TARTS IN THE ARMY NOW...probally to get as far away from you as possible ........fuckin jumped up pleb .ps yer bird must be totally thick an all .......fighting bush"S war .

11. Wetbikerider

Wetbikerider Member

i dont want touch this one with 10 foot pole besides being rediculus allready. if i want volunteer for a service who the fuck are you to protest?

12. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

depends on what service.

13. ChanginTimes

ChanginTimes Member

Really? He wants to be like Oasis? Why doesn't that surprise me?

He's just a sad kid who THINKS who knows more than he really does. He really does need to shut up, put down the guitar for awhile and read a few books so he can finally learn something.

He's like George Bush...no matter how wrong he is, in his own mind he's always been nothing less than 200% right...200% of the time. Sad, sad folks!

14. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

the liberals in Pittsburgh are real stupid, they are probably the reason I hate liberals in general so much, the worst is teachers love to encourage
    a teacher of mine was encouraging a girl to hand cuff herself to a bus because they were cutting back services, what a dumbfuck, how would that help anything?

and also the police in Pittsburgh in general I have foudn to be pretty nice and helpful, of course some are dickheads and get a boner off of their power, but in general they are good people and this source is misleading and dickhead

15. ChanginTimes

ChanginTimes Member

Mr Duck, I don't like liberals either. They are whiney and phoney and never do anything. THESE people are not liberals. They are what is called "radicals". They DO do things to make a difference. Look at the other side.

16. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

to be a "radical" you have to be a "radical" of some sort of beliefs
    for instance there are some "radicals" in the muslim communities that like to blow up buildings
    adn their are "radicals" called Amish that are afraid of electricity
    there is no such thing as a group just called "radicals"

17. ChanginTimes

ChanginTimes Member

Yup, you're right. But I was just trying to make it clear that the protesters aren't liberals and they'd probly shreak if someone called them that to their faces lol.

I guess you can say they are socially progressive radicals. All radical means is "to the root" or the core of something. The basic, bottomline of a situation. Most people don't identify as radicals because they try very hard to stay as far away from the "root" of a problem because it's too scary (or whatever). But the word radical by itself is neutral. It's not bad or good. It's what the person does to "act out" his or her radical ideas or beliefs that's good or bad.

18. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

You don't like liberals...yet you voted for Nader. Good deal.

19. ChanginTimes

ChanginTimes Member

Bassist, you don't have a very good understanding of the "left-right" paradigm. You think that's all there is when it comes to political affairs.

What I'M sick of is these ignorant people who don't very much about politics spouting off their stupid remarks as though they DID know what they were talking about. Yes, that includes you, Bassist.

Let me say it this way: who you vote for doesn't necessarily matter when it comes to your political ideology. Some "republicans" voted for Bush because "he believes in God" yet they might be liberal in other ways...obviously, they too don't know much about the political world.

Read something instead of typing so much. Or go play your bass as I'm sure you're much better at that than talking politics.

20. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

Not really, pal.

You're the one spouting off all the crap. I made one comment in this thread and you're already telling me what I do and do not know about politics.

Hmm...yeah, whatever. You said you didn't like liberals. You voted for a liberal. I understand that one's vote doesn't have to match their political beliefs, but when you say liberals are "whiney and phoney and never do anything", it makes you look like a hyprocrit because you tried to put one in office.

Cheap shots...how pathetic.