Poland

Discussion in 'Poland' started by krzysiek(chris), Feb 1, 2007.

1. krzysiek(chris)

krzysiek(chris) Member

the first question is anybody from POLAND?

have you ever been in Poland?

I thin most of us are thinkining about Poland and Polish people in negative. We have a very beatifull city. CRACOW.

2. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I haven't been to Poland, as of yet. However, as I am living in the Czech Republic, I will most likely visit sometime in the near future. :)

3. Gerva

Gerva Member

I do9n't have negative toughts at all. On the other way, I wanna visit Poland soon...possibly next month

I don't have many days, plus distances between cities are long, so I have to decide between Gdansk, Varsavia and Cracow. Wroclaw is on the list too.

Any suggestion? I may have about 5 days available. any other nice spot to visit?
    How far is Auschwitz from those cities?

4. krzysiek(chris)

krzysiek(chris) Member

Hi

Gdansk is placed near to the sea. this is beatiful, old city with great atmosphere. Warsaw is the biggest polish city(over 2 million people). For me Varsawia(warsaw)(polish : Warszawa) is not attractive for me becouse I rally don't like these atmosphere. I thin the best choose will be the CRACOW. this city have a spirit. the beautiful old town. Huge market with many of cafes, old shops and music shops. In cracow you find very many people from other countries. I have never been in wroclaw but i thin is so nice place.

Auschwitz is placed an about 100 km from Cracow, near to the slask(many of cities in one place, katowice, tychy, etc.)

I thin you spend a good time in my country, when you wan to ask about something do it.

www.staypoland.com/map.htm

here you are a nice site about poland in english version.

5. Justyna

Justyna Member

I'm from Poland and I'm proud of it!
    Unfortunately Poles are prone to think that nobody likes them, but I think it's just because they don't like themselves.
    (Well, probably the experience of World War II affect on the way we think about ourselves. Hmm, no wonder we don't feel very popular).
    By the way - cześć Krzysiek!
    I live in Warsaw and don't like this city, but I love the surroundings - forests and small towns near Warsaw.
    For me the most beautiful city in Poland is Gdańsk.
    But Polish countryside is my favourite.

6. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

why wouldnt people like poles ? Ive always liked and admired poles .
    During world war 2 you had wonderful poles coming to britain and fighting the nazis the raf best pilots were in many cases polish , I personally feel that we let the poles down at the end of the war and our actions were shameful .
    http://www.polandinexile.com/index.html
    some time this year I intend visiting poland , its very nice having poles coming to the uk because it shows that their free again .
    If there are any poles who want to talk and use msn please get in touch best wishes to all poles

7. crud3w4re

crud3w4re I like Grunge.

hm are you that Polish admin from Wikipedia that banned me that one time? It's worth a shot to check :)

8. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Why do you think that most of us will be negative about Poland and Polish people? I'm 45 and went to a Catholic convent school as a child, quite a lot of my friends were Polish ( their parents came over here to escape WW2)....I learnt to like Polish food and loved the fact that these kids were just a bit different from us.
    I think lots of us on this forum have seen SunAngels photos of Poland and they are stunning. I would love to visit Poland one day.

9. crud3w4re

crud3w4re I like Grunge.

Is it true that they love Kielbasa? ;)

10. PSYCHEDELICA MAN

PSYCHEDELICA MAN The psychman

i also think about visiting poland

11. Justyna

Justyna Member

I'm Polish and I don't like kielbasa. I'm a vegetarian. But it doesn't mean that Poles don't love it. Yes, they do! ;) Btw, I admire your wide knowledge about our culture! ;)

12. crud3w4re

crud3w4re I like Grunge.

Thanks. Or was that said sarcastically ;) I think you're the prettiest Polish girl I ever saw :D

13. Justyna

Justyna Member

Thank you! Have you seen many Polish girls? And yes, that was a little sarcastic...but only a little :) Greetings from the country of kielbasa!

14. crud3w4re

crud3w4re I like Grunge.

No, I haven't seen many [I'm honest lol]. But you are pretty. You're from Poland?

15. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

Yea, she sure is-but I saw her first! :party: :hurray: :dance:

16. Justyna

Justyna Member

Yes, I'm from Poland. And this is another reason why it is worth coming to Poland - not only kielbasa is good but there are hundreds of girls as pretty as I am, even prettier!

17. crud3w4re

crud3w4re I like Grunge.

hm I never left the US :D I feel safe here.

18. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i would just love to go to poland sometime. im half polish with a polish last name- Kobierski. someday i will get there.

19. Orryl Oak

Orryl Oak Member

Yep, Cracow is cool - been there many times. It has some amazing places like the Kazimierz district (world-renowned jewish culture fest there every year-this is where 'Shindler's List' was filmed), many atmospheric bars and cellar venues like the 'Alchemia' bar which is also a cinema & arts centre, and Wawel castle which, for you people who are Buddhists, is a prime pilgrimage for followers. It's waaay lazy to call it the polish Prague; Cracow is the city of Kings and poets and has it's own unique spirit: it's more mysterious and intangible, one of east-meets-west consanguinity (y'see poland ISN'T eastern europe - it's dead-centre, culturally and geographically), dreaming Sunday afternoon piazzas, onion-spires, bustling fruit & antiques markets, gypsy kids playing virtuoso accordion, chiming cymbaloms. And it's still off the tourist's beaten-track. Go there. Fall in love all over again.

20. Gerva

Gerva Member

ya i wanna gon na to wroclaw this month , but don´t wanna do it on my own.anyone come s along??i´m in berlin right now