plur to everyone

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by smurfette, Jun 20, 2006.

1. smurfette

smurfette Member

i just got into the scene but just wonderin if there are festivals and where and when are they held?

[​IMG]

2. sila

sila Member

Hey did you know that ecstacy destroys the very structure of your brain? Cool aye?? :p

But sorry I don't know anything about festivals.

Oh and welcome :)

3. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Check out the events and festivals forum. :)

4. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

.... there's always a festival everywhere.

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You'd be happy to know that's completly a lie.

The research that that was based on was by a Man named George Ricaurte. At first he presented some pictures of a normal brain and a brain that was supposedly on excstasy in some drug commercials.

The 'normal' brain was bright and the brain on mdma had darker spots which looked like 'holes'.

What many many doctors and neuroscientists came out saying later were those dark spots were normal differences that happen in brains during the day. The commercials were pulled because of overwhelming scientific inaccuracy.

Later the same researcher, George Ricaurte did some research for the government which said 1 dose of MDMA causes parkinson's in rats, and something like a quarter of the test subjects died.

Over the next year, when no other orginization around the world was able to reproduce this research, his research was completly dismissed. Later he admitted there was a 'mix up' and he had not been giving the rats a normal dosage of MDMA, but an overdose of methamphetamine.

http://www.maps.org/mdma/studyresponse.html

He had also been given large amounts of grants for this research by the DEA.

http://www.maps.org/research/mdma/ricaurtefunding.pdf

You should no better then to believe everything you read in Teen Vouge sila. [​IMG]

7. spooner

spooner is done.

still, do a lot of e, become an e-tard. you see it happen.

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Most of the people I've seen like that were retarded before. Kinda seems like an improvment.

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

lots of the tabs running 'round have meth, so you geat meth tweekertards, really.
    Loudi, I really respect the research you did on that one.
    hate to see a positive chem with so much potential get maligned.
    Hav eyou read DMT the Spirit Molecule yet?

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Thanks Drummin. It's weird that you mentioned that, I actually just ordered that Strassman book wednesday. I got really intrested in it by seeing a Going Tribal episode where the host took Ibogaine with a tribe in Gabon.

It's also very true that ecstasy (should be MDMA) is often nothing more then meth and caffeine. (often as 60%) Strong doses of Meth are known to cause mental deficiencies. It's no suprise that some people who regularly take 'ecstasy' experience problems known with methamphetamine addiction.

There are some problems that have been shown with regular 'ecstasy' use, such as decreases in N5 (serotonin) between 4% and 7%. While this may be a side effect of MDMA use, these cases had also recovered with 6 months abstinence.

Even more to the point, ther have never been any studies which test people who regularly take MDMA, but rather people who take 'ecstasy' as reported by themselves, and since serotonin depletion is a well known side effect of meth use, it may be a side effect of the common adulterants (including meth) inside street 'ecstasy'.

11. Chalad

Chalad Member

Theres bonaroo,and alot of other really cool things like that. Especially in TN and surounding states. I traveled to Boone,NC alot. Oh and Bonaroo is held in TN near chattanooga.

12. sila

sila Member

To bad the results of MANY independent tests have shown the result I stated. Have you only heard of that one test?? But believe who you will.

13. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Why don't you post some of these 'many independant tests' showing MDMA destroys the structure of your brain. Just saying something doesn't contradict the fact that no study anywhere in the world wasn't able to duplicate the Ricuarte study results.

14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

and in fact, the sponsor withdrew their name from the original study.

Anecdotal evidence through the underground therapy scene points to MDMA having beneficial use in PTSD and depression.
    Enough that there are TWO university studies at this time (one at least is active now)

Loudi, the book takes a very sudden turn as he "processes" the results. I have the feeling a deadline loomed....

[/hijack]
    http://www.jambase.com/search.asp?band=&venue=&city=Houston&stateID=43&adv=1&fromdate=&todate=