Please Help me ASAP shes gonna die!!!

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by PrettyHateMachine, Apr 18, 2007.

1. PrettyHateMachine

PrettyHateMachine Member

2. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

How about a lil info. Nutes, pH level, watering frequency, soil mix.

Off hand - probably pH and too much ferts. You can flush the soil with pH adjusted water 2:1 should help.

3. Star Chi & Mr.Mu

Star Chi & Mr.Mu Member

I am PrettyHateMachine's partner and this is our clone that is in trouble. Everything started out fine untill one month after I got my clone.
    [​IMG]
    This is my little splice of Purple Kush and she is now having some kind of deficiency. I need help, my main goal here is to heal her. Something needs to happen soon!
    [​IMG]
    Here is a little more info on our grow:
    This is a Purple Kush clone she is around two months old and at the moment she has stoped growing and her leaves have begun to first curl down and brown at the tips then her little sprouting baby leaves and all others started to twist and warp in scary ways.
    Our system is hydroponic, the ph is at 5.3, the nute level is at 600ppm right now. I use Flora Nova, grow and bloom nutes and have a 250W grow light...
    I've grown once before and no problems have gotten this bad. I'm really freaking out. Please tell me how I might fix this.

4. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

I have to defer to others on this one, I'm not familiar with overwatering & hydro systems. Sorry I can't be more help.

The pH is in the correct range for hydro (5.2 -5.8) but the appearance of what looks like a K deficiency could be a nute lock. Could be a couple of things.

For shits and giggles what temp do you keep your feed tank at?

5. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Back off on the nutes!!!!!!!! That is nute burn on the leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

7. fishheadbob

fishheadbob Member

She may die, and I can't diagnose exactly what the problem is. I'd probably go along with some sort of nute burn or over fertilization. Since your baby is at high risk, try a simple, can't hurt treatment... lay off the nutrients and flush with plenty of straight water. Kind of like "take 2 aspirins, drink plenty of fluids, and call me in the morning". If she perks up in a little less than a week begin to reintroduce fertilizer, but at a lower rate than you have been using.
    Please tell us what you decide to do, but more importantly let us know how the plant makes out.

8. grenola

grenola Member

Its pretty hard to over water in hydro, how often are you watering.

What type of system are you using there it kinda looks like an aerogarden.

Do you check for ph and nutrient level.

Chances are your giving it full strength nutes when its needed half of that. The nutrients are soaking into the rockwool and then the water is evaporating leaving excess salts in the rockwool making it stronger. Ph levels and nutrient levels can change after every feed. You need to keep on top of it.

Get yourself a ph tester and a ec meter if you havent already got one, and that should tell you where your trouble is coming from.

To fix this you need to flush each plant with 3 times the volume of the root mass of ph'd water.

In hydro you should be aiming for ph 5.6 - 6.2 depending on your nutes.

For plants that size you need an ec of around 1.6,

try and get the res nutes to these levels and with a flush and your plant may well pull through, but you have to stop the torture.

9. grenola

grenola Member

Not to argue or anything but the nutes ive seen have generally said to aim between 5.6 and 6.2

10. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Hi there!

Argue away my man, just quoting Jorge :) I do agree though that 5.2 seems a bit low. That is what put nute lock in my head as 600 ppm is a moderate amount.

I am interested in how this is turning out.

11. cheeky1

cheeky1 Member

your ph is to low it needs to be kept at 5.5 to 5.8 in a hydro system.