playing guitar and outloook on life

Discussion in 'Music' started by shhhhh im talking, Jan 7, 2005.

1. shhhhh im talking

shhhhh im talking Member

2. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

It sure has, it has helped me get intouch with myself and made me a better person overall. Also it gave me a purpose in life.

3. Joe Cool

Joe Cool Member

it makes me frustrated because i have no one to jam with

4. OneOfTheseDays

OneOfTheseDays Member

now that i think about it, ever since i started playing guitar i have changed. a change for the better that is.

5. somethingwitty

somethingwitty Member

I'd say yes. Not so much in my actual personality, but the way I look at music is much different. I've also come up with some life-changing perspectives while tripping and playing the guitar, so ya.

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

It's a good way of expresing emotion...

7. pato100000

pato100000 Member

I have been into music and art for sixteen years (I was four at the time I started), and nothing has seemed to loosen me up and open me to creativity but the guitar. Because so many great musicians have played the guitar, I have learned from what they have done. This has given me ideas both musically and artistically (painting, drawing, ect.). I would not say that the guitar is the only factor that has helped change my outlook, but it is one of the most important.

8. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I agree with the statement "it gave me a purpose in life".... I have also noticed that I am able to be happy, no matter what, since I started playing seriously.

9. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

I know.!!

peace
    chickens

10. TheSkaEffect

TheSkaEffect Member

Playin bass makes me feel somewhat accomplished in life :)

11. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

no playing guitar makes you a tool

12. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

If I'm stuck somewhere without a guitar for awhile I get real edgy.

13. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Playing guitar really takes me out of depression... I started doing it two or three years ago when everyone kept wanting to make me see a psychologist and I was fishing all the time, but I'm a vegetarian now...

14. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

I play guitar. A beginner with a teacher and a boyfriend who motivates me. People say I have my own style. My father plays electric guitar, he was in a band at the age of 14. My grandmother used to take lessons with him until she got arthritis in her hand. It runs in the family, I see it everywhere.

I don't know exactly what takes to me to the guitar. I personally think its healthy to have a musical instrument in your hobbies. A stress reliever can be the case. Replacing marijuana. The flexibility and soul-touching ability of the instrument is phenomonal. America's culture rests on this simple thing.

I get addicted to the guitar. I feel connected and internally satisfied when I play. And its extra sweet to please others with the music. To pass and exchange music, to teach music. To learn music. Its not my life though. I guess because I'm not serious enough with it or I'm just with other important things.

15. omnip0d

omnip0d Member

when i'm playing my bass i go off into my own little world. it's a really great way to relieve stress.

16. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Me too... I start to feel sad if I go a few hours without playing.