play station, play station 2, x box... where does it all end!?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by iscreamchocolate, Aug 15, 2005.

1. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

What's with people these days! I mean first they end up buying play station 1 then soon as a new play station comes out they HAVE to buy it. It's rediculous... People have all these game machines and some watch a whole shit load of t.v. or stay on the internet for long periods of time. Soon we are going to have a world filled with a bunch of potato's with sausage arms and legs and heads. It's like they shut themselves out of the world of reality and hide behind their t.v.'s and game machines. Sure I go on the internet sometimes and I watch a couple movies and everything.. But it's when people go too far that it controls their mind, mainly because they let it control their mind. What about a long time ago when their weren't very many or any game machines and stuff? when people use to actually go outside and do things outside... Now it's like they are a bunch of mindless drones who sit there day after day playing games and on the internet... Not washing their hair.. eating all the time while playing or on the net. Do they care at all that one day they will be all bloated up, and have a higher rate of dieing through obesety.. a higher rate of cancer. It's like they don't have a life at all. Only the life of living in make-believe, a world of games... Walking around like mindless drones.

2. Cold_Phusion85

Cold_Phusion85 Member

Wait till the new ps3 and xbox comes out hehe!!!

3. iscreamchocolate

haa haaa.. yea... my brother is all into all that and buying every new game system that comes out.. so i'm sure he'll be buying those.

4. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

5. iscreamchocolate

6. Megara

Megara Banned

koreans are weak :p...this is the second time a gamer has died from that country after playing for like 2 days straight

7. kif

kif Member

I enjoy playing video games, but damn, thats a little pathetic. People like that need to go out and get laid.

8. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Yea, Korea has the best Starcraft players. My friends told me that.

9. iscreamchocolate

I'm not denying that it's fun and good entertainment... I'm saying when you get hooked to it and turn into some person with their brain fried.

10. Davino

Davino Member

I l;ove games, but sometimes don't engage for weeks, I think I will play the new Madden tonight, 1st time!

11. better for them than crack.......

much better than say suicide....

12. iscreamchocolate

haaa haaa yea....

13. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

i dont think every kid that spends too much time playing video games will grow up and not know how to live life. From what I've seen, and I have seen a lot of people play too much video games, most of those kinds of people grow out of it as soon as they have to start working for themselves. So I dont think it is really that big of a deal.

14. iscreamchocolate

I'm not only talking about them growing up not knowing how to live their lives..some will be able to... maybe the lucky ones. Some get too obsorbed into the artifical world (games) and have a hard time living an actual life... Some may get confused with artificial life and real life. I'm saying that soo many people are getting obese from sitting their like a potato with a head two arms and legs... I'm not saying JUST kids either... adults do it too.

15. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

They don't have to buy all the new products that come out, they want to. It's a hobby for some people...it strengthens hand-eye coordination.

16. iscreamchocolate

yes I know they don't HAVE to... and I also pointed out before that it is pretty cool playing games (until you go too far dun dun dun)... and that is their choice to make.

17. Baghdaddy

Baghdaddy Banned

Where does it all end? With something similar to the Matrix (which we're only about 20 years away from, technologically). Games like Halo 2 and World of Warcraft are the beginnings of primitive virtual reality technology.

Better get used to the idea of wasting your life playing silly games, because EVERYONE will be immersed in them in a few decades.

18. kif

kif Member

Ive played video games my whole life. And like BassistReid says, its like a hobby for me. It kills time when I have nothing to do, or if Im waiting on someone or something. Although I find myself playing less these days. I'll get a new game, play it for awhile, get bored with it and sell or trade it for something different. ANd as for the new systems that are coming out soon, I'll wait for the price drop. $400 is a little ridiculous, especially seeing that after 6 months the price will drop $50-$100.

19. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

Yes, I've watched a friends life go down the drain after Diablo II abuse and World of Warcraft abuse lately. its like all he cares about is "owning". i wish he'd wake up and realize hes 3 years behind in high school and is overweight. literally all he do is play WoW. he is still cool, but all he talks about is WoW and that gets old sometimes lol.

you wanna get hardcore gaming forget your ps2 and your ps3 and yer xbox 360 -- theyre all just computers packed all nice and neat into squares which eventually melt or breakdown in a year or so. get yerself a nice $4,000 dollar computer and then you can REALLY waste some time

20. SativaDiva

SativaDiva Member

Does anyone other than me know about the playstation 9 yet? Around christmas time when playstation 2 was coming out, I was watching T.V. and this neat looking commercial came on. It made you seem to be in a computerized world. Then, you see a wire and it pans out and shows a human figure with the wire plugged into the back of its head. Then, the screen went blank and the Playstation 9 logo came on like the end of todays playstation commercials. I've only seen this commercial one time, and I watch a lot of T.V. I'm wondering if people got sort of freaked out about it and they took it off the air.