Planning on extracting N,N-DMT

Discussion in 'DMT' started by Stand., Feb 19, 2007.

1. Stand.

Stand. Member

EDIT: Hey all. I am from aussie land and plan on making some DMT pretty soon. I got some questions though.

I am gunna use a. maidenii bark with the marsofold tek. i'll just do the defatting process a few extra times.

for the polar extraction, is it OK to use citric acid? what pH should I be aiming for? if I simmer for 2 hours and then put all of the mix including bark into a jar and leave to sit for a few days, will that increase yeild? or will the simmering get all the alkaloids out anyway.\

when defatting i can use shellite correct? im sure id be able to find some lighter fluid or something somwhere. anyone know of a good product for defatting which i could easily find in aus?

for the basification. in australia, most drano ive seen is only around 50% NaOH. is that OK to use? anyone know of a brand which is closer to 100% NaOH? im assuming it is ok to use drano which is 50% NaOH, itll just mean i get some extra shit in my final productt? will the ammonia not clean that up anyway?

and the nonpolar extravction, again shellite is ok?? or if any knows any better products which are easy to get...

i plan to do the freez precipitation. i live with other people and if they see a big baking pan full of liquid/crystals they are gunna be suspicious. they are very anti-drug would not tolerate me making dmt around them. would it be ok if i put them in the freezer overnight but kept it in an esky during the day? i could easily keep reloading the eksy with new icebricks and stuff. is there a certain temperature i would need to keep it at?

anbd last but not least the ammonia wash. where do i find clear ammonia?? would this be found in a local hardware store like bunnings or something?

sorry if im asking alot of noob questions this is my first extraction i just want to clarify stuff as i cant seem to find answers anywhere else. hiopefully you can help me out. thanks to anyone who lends a hand, gretly appreciated.

2. Stand.

Stand. Member

bumpsky's

3. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Yeah... You're going to want to use pure everything. 50% NaOH will most likely have a bunch of other shit in it.

Mmmm... Carcinogins......

Yeah, do more research on extractions before you inadvertently fuck yourself up.

4. Stand.

Stand. Member

I was told by someone on another forum drano is perfect to use. I was a bit skeptical so wanted to ask elsewhere...

5. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Well, it USED to be perfect to use since it was originally 100% NaOH. However, since people kept using it to make Meth and other shit like that, they were forced to alter the makeup of the mixture.

You can still get pure NaOH though, it's just harder to find.

6. uplink

uplink Member

There are plenty of brands of drano-like products that are 100% NaOH. Red Devil Lye is one of them.

If I were you I would just order NaOH, HCl, and Naphtha straight up. They are all commonly used in labs, and easy to find online. The only problem is, NaOH and Naphtha are also used in making meth, so they might say something about that if you are buying straight out of a hardware store. If you are ordering online you shouldn't have a problem.

I would recommend making ayahuasca before you attempt a full extraction. Making ayahuasca is the first step in the extraction, and it's probably the trickiest. DON'T LET THE WATER BOIL! Always watch it, and always stir it.

7. INSANEPOOKIE

INSANEPOOKIE Prancing Dragon

They stopped selling pure lye in the stores around here. Portland has been known for the meth labs being set up.

From what I've gathered so far you must obtain from these sources (this applies to my state):
    - Visit a chemical provider and purchase technical grade sodium hydrox. You must show ID.
    - Purchase Red Devil through EBAY.
    - Purchase sodium hydrox. online. In the case of online it appears you are required to sign a document in regards to your purchase.

As a side note: One completely legal reason for buying sodium hydrox. is for the creation of soap. Though, there are other ways but LYE was and is how one can create soap.

8. uplink

uplink Member

Marsifold Tek is not an excuse not to do research on extractions. There are tons of extraction guides and I recommend you read all of them. They each have something interesting to add, and include different ways of doing things, some of which might be easier for you personally given the equipment you have.

9. Stand.

Stand. Member

this is what i found out so far.

polar, citric acid - still unsure about pH, after boiling should i leave to sit in jar for few days to increase yeild?

deffating - two times mineral turps, once shellite.

basification - caustic soda, i found a brand called diggers at my hardware shop 99% NAoH, i better not have to use ID to buy it :( get to pH 13.5

extraction - shellite

freeze precip - in urine jars, easy to conceal ;( anyone know how long do they need to be left to freeze? its 3 days max or until i see crystals, right?

if i cant get clear ammonia ill just do a recrystallisation if i want to purify my product more.