Planes and the astral world

Discussion in 'Metaphysics and Mysticism' started by psilocybinportal, Apr 26, 2013.

1. psilocybinportal

psilocybinportal Guest

I am curious to know if anyone has any thoughts on planes/dimensions/or the what is known as the astral plane, and how it effects the physical world in which we live.. do you believe in it or do you not?? and if so why or why not? Any personal experiences or thoughts welcome! :daisy:

2. deepblue897

deepblue897 Member

i havent tried it yet, but heard that it can be dangerous, first have knowledge, than try..

3. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I believe there are scientific theories that support a single side by side dimension paralleling ours. Traditionally, many religions have supported the ideas of other dimensions. Specifically heaven. I don't feel there are dimensions any different than our own and we certainly can not reach into them if they did exist. Beings from other planets on the other hand...

4. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

5. psilocybinportal

psilocybinportal Guest

I really find this subject fascinating and I appreciate everyones input so far.. Its interesting just to hear other peoples perspectives or insights into the subject.. I personally believe in astral projection as I have a natural talent to do it.. (I have been an astral projecting since the age of 10) as to it being dangerous in all do respect really anything concerning magic, or dealing with things that we can not control such as the spiritual I fully believe runs a risk or a chance of potential danger.. Even to the most experienced The danger is still very much present its more a matter of accepting responsibility, acknowledging the risk I think. Thanks for the links desert-rat, I found them to be very interesting.

6. psilocybinportal

psilocybinportal Guest

Its interesting you mentioned the side by side dimension paralleling ours; For the past year I have been experimenting, and studying a great deal about this.. As for the dimensions being called heaven well I'm not sure I really believe in that myself. I think there are places that to a human might appear as heaven because they exceed a higher state of thinking above our own that is more positive or more pure.

7. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

As a science guy and huge sceptic I don't believe in it, but I assume that there might be some possibility to achieve 'astral planes'.

I think that astral planes aren't some other physical dimension, but more of reality that you have created in your own brain. So that means they are a 'hallucination' or some sort of psychedelic experience, which imo doesn't decrease their value as sure those are worth experiencing.

I've tried to reach OOBE, lucid dreaming and astral planes with no results.
    I might try again when I'll be on shrooms.

How did you do that and can you describe your experience in a detailed way? Did you use psychedelics?