Plane boredom

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by DarkSecret, Jun 21, 2006.

1. DarkSecret

DarkSecret Member

I was just wondering, since i'm going to Africa on the 24th, how do I stay alive ont the plane? By alive I mean, not half dead with a sickly tired feeling? Does anyone know any good books? I just turn into a cabbage half way through.....

2. stalk

stalk Banned

Yeah take a hit of acid

3. arlia

arlia Members

im off to africa in october!
    weve estimated that altogether il be traveling for 2 whole days out of my 2 weeks there!
    crazy!
    i always draw or right when im on long journeys

4. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Take books, newspaper, magazines, etc...:p

5. Peterness

Peterness Member

I've just developed the habit of being able to sleep petty much anywhere whilst travelling lol you should too, passes the time pretty quickly.

You could also get drunk.

Those little computer chess sets are good too.

6. greentree

greentree Member

Getting drunk is a seriously good choice :D it really passes the time, haha.

7. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

Sleeping pills.

Then again, I'm scared to death of flying so I'd HAVE to take a sleeping pill (or multiple sleeping pills) for any length of flight that would warrrent it.

8. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Do planes have internet connections yet?

9. Peterness

Peterness Member

lol no not yet...maybe business class? I'm not sure.

Emirates have loads of computer games though...

10. HonorSeed

HonorSeed Senior Member

I dunno bout u guys, but looking down on clouds is something I can do all day long.:)

[​IMG]

11. balance_n_venus

balance_n_venus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Benadryl.......Lots & LOTS Of BENADRYL :)
    It always puts me right out :p

12. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I find that those murder books, about true murder cases, are reeeally interesting and good for travel, but they might creep you out for your trip :p Bring a portable CD player/iPod (a necessity for me on planes), a couple novels, crossword puzzles or other games, sleeping pills...all the typical stuff! You could pick up an origami book and practise that, or a mini henna kit, coloring books, and I really think cross-stitching or knitting is a great idea- you can pick up plane-safe knitting needles now! Good luck on your trip and have looads of fun!

13. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Portable DVD player! Mine is a must have when I go on long trips.

14. freakon

freakon Member

meditate!...