Planarity

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by JayBird, Aug 21, 2005.

1. JayBird

JayBird Member

Here's a mind fuck for you. I couldn't find a games forum, so I'll post it here. It's a simple concept, but it can drive you bonkers. Basically, you start out with something like this:

[​IMG]

You simply click on the blue vertices and drag to uncross the lines. Check it out: http://www.planarity.net/#

2. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

It is a pretty fun idea, and for the first three or fours it works. The problem is that they don't give you enough room on the page to drag the verticies in the more complex ones. It becomes difficult not because the puzzle itself is hard, but because it becomes too crowded and there is simply no place to put the verticies. Over all it is a well designed puzzle, the lack of space in which to solve it is unfortunate. It is like trying to solze a jigsaw puzzle in a space exactly the size of the finished puzzle and with no other place to put the not-yet-used pieces.

3. JayBird

JayBird Member

Yeah, I have to agree that the limited space makes it harder than it should be. According to the guy who designed it, it's still a work in progress. A full screen version would be a lot easier to deal with. I believe there's a contact link that allows you to provide feedback to the designer. I think I'll drop him a line about the space issue. If you want to see something wild, click on the button that allows you skip levels. Pick level 60! My God, Einstein would blow a gasket trying to straighten that one out!