Pit Bulls Pass ATTS Temperament Test With 86.4%

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Aerianne, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I ran across this article tonight. It's from an insurance agency that specializes in dog liability insurance.

http://einhorninsurance.com/california-insurance/pit-bulls-pass-atts-temperament-test/

My grandson and his dog
    [​IMG]

2. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

Pit bulls, religion and politics......

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

A Pitbull Has A Better Temperament Than A Golden

Retriever...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:...??

Cheers Glen.

4. Aerianne

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

UTTER BULLSHIT...In This Country Many Adults And Kids Have Been

Badly Mauled Or In One Case Here In My Home Town, KILLED By A Pit Bull.

At One Stage AUSTRALIA Was Going To Declare Pitt Bulls A BANNED

BREED, Surely This Must Ring Alarm Bells Even Amongs't The Most

Dedicated Of Pit Bull Lovers...[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

6. Aerianne

You have hyperbole on the one hand and documented testing statistics on the other hand.

What you do with those two is up to you.

I wonder where each of us (HFs users) would score on similar temperament testing.

7. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I just personally can't stand dogs and don't think they should be allowed as domestic pets.

There are so many instances of people being bitten, mauled or worse killed by dogs. So often it's bought back to 'the owner should have trained them properly / they should have been tied up / the person shouldn't have looked at them sideways with their head at a 90 degree angle and with their left hand held up, etc etc'.
    Whenever I hear this crap it makes me think dogs just shouldn't be pets at all! If it takes so much trouble to train them, constrain them and you have to know how to approach them, WHY are we placing them around children, let alone anyone???
    A temperament test of $86.4%?? What does that mean, that there is a 14% of them losing it and biting the shit out of me? No thanks!

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

FIXED...[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

9. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Thanks for posting Aerianne! I love the pic of your Grandson too....adorable.

10. Aerianne

wiccan_witch, what do you think we should we do with dogs if we don't keep them as pets?

PETA doesn't think any animals should be kept as pets and they kill every animal they can get their hands on.

Thank you, LetLovinTakeHold :)

11. LetLovinTakeHold

She's not a pit, but I felt like posting this anyway. She is related to the "Bully" breeds though, and gets a similar reaction from ignorant people as pits do. It's my niece with her taking a nap.

Oh, and for the record.....Fuck PETA. In the ass. With no lube. Not even spit

12. broony

broony Banned

When it comes to pitbulls Glen, just keep yourself out of the threads.

Your posts are filled with sterotypical bullshit.

If the dogs are banned is cause of HUMAN IGNORANCE.

If anything CATS should be banned cause all they do is fucking multiply with no purpose. Right? Unless we skinned a family of cats for a nice fur coat for the winter? Sounds nice right? Don't worry the cat wont know its life ended cause it was with a bullet.

13. LetLovinTakeHold

I've been attacked by a pitbul, I've been attacked by a German Shepherd (among other breeds), and I've been attacked by a cat. On all occasions involving dogs I've been able to take control of the situation and subdue the animal. However, with a cat the only thing I was able to do is run around like an idiot while my arm was being shredded. The cat did a lot more damage than even the Pitbul.

So lets all get a petition going to ban all cats. Fuck those tuna eatin yarn playin assholes.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I can't remember if this happened in my town or if I just read about it happening somewhere else, but last year I read a story about a 4 month old baby that was killed by a Golden Retriever. The father went to sleep and left the baby in a swing in another room (so really, this is a case of irresponsible pet ownership and irresponsible parenting) and the Golden Retriever killed the baby pretty grotesquely, although there is no need to go into detail here...

Should we ban Golden Retrievers too?

In this case, as is the case with aggressive pit bulls, the Retriever was a rescue and had been in an abusive situation before.

15. broony

broony Banned

My girl would pass any test you threw at her. She is smart, funny, loving, protective. She will let me know if anything is outside.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Aww no German Shepherd results. What a lousy test.

17. Aerianne

Let and Broony your dogs are beautiful :)

This is not a cat bashing thread so stop that, please. I will remove any further off topic posts.

Mel, I understand that you aren't bashing golden retrievers but just making a point, well several actually, about human error.

Irmi No german shepherd? Hmmm....I know they've fallen off in popularity around here. When I was a kid, everybody had a german shepherd. Now, it's really rare to see one.

18. broony

broony Banned

19. broony

broony Banned

I am curious how a dalmatian would do..

They are a breed i have not heard many good things about, i guess the are really stubborn?

They are also a breed that i never..ever see...anywhere..

20. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

would you guys support some sort of legislation that regulates pitbull ownership? something like having owners take mandatory training courses and then passing some sort of test? nothing too involved, but enough to weed out the psychos and those too immature to own such a powerful animal.