Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'Music' started by dumbblonde74D, May 23, 2004.

1. dumbblonde74D

dumbblonde74D Member

who here loves Pink Floyd as much as I. I love their music and their former band leader Roger Waters is so sexy.

2. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

They are one of the few bands that never gets old to me. They never fail to amaze me.

3. TheDoorsOfPerception

TheDoorsOfPerception Member

I love Pink Floyd so much. Their music never gets old. I listened to them when I was a baby and I still to this day listen to them.

it's like some how they get you.. you know what I mean?

4. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

i do prefere Gillmore to be honest.

5. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

My mom was really against Floyd when I was growing up because it was 'drug music'. So now that I'm on my own it's like I've discovered a new band. I can't believe how versatile his music is. Some is trippy, some is mellow, some is rough, it's great! I'm starting to get into the Doors too. I wasn't allowed to listen to them for the same reason either. Parents are weird. Aside from drugs and their association with the music it is some of the best sound I've ever heard. To think my mom would rather me have listened to Brittney Spears. :confused:

6. paradigm

paradigm Member

Absolutely, his guitar work adds so much to the band. Have you ever heard his solo record? Great stuff..

What is everyone's favorite Floyd album? Without a doubt, I would choose Animals. I can throw that album in and jam out to every song.

7. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

"i do prefere Gillmore to be honest."

Blasphemy! :D

Have you people heard "Momentary Lapse of Reason" and "The Division Bell"? That man dragged the good name of Pink Floyd through the mud. I mean honestly, what was he thinking. Two of the worst albums I own. And I own "Jagged Little Pill". The man could play guitar, and play it well. But for him to release these albums after "The Final Cut", insult.

So since they don't count ;)

1. Animals
    2. The Wall
    3. Atom Heart Mother

8. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

I don't know if this counts because it's a compilation but I love Echoes. My favorite song is Learning To Fly.

Fatal attraction is holding me fast...how can I escape this irresistible grasp...

...Ice is forming on the tips of my wings, unheeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything, no navigator to find my way home...

...Gotta keep my eyes from the circiling skies...tongue tied and twisted...

...Across the clouds I see my shadow fly, out of the corner of my watering eye, a dream unthreatened by the morning light, could blow this soul right through the roof of the night...

...There's no sensation to compare with this, suspended animation, state of bliss, gotta keep my mind from the circiling sky...

9. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Hahaha, /\

See what I mean :D

10. sugarbear420

sugarbear420 Member

pink floyd is so amazing... def. #1 in my book! my boyfriend owns every single album and about 30 or 40 bootlegs and all of the DVDs. i def. reccommend live in pompeii. :)

11. dropacid_notbombs

dropacid_notbombs Member

i think the best floyd album of all time is wish you were here. Its got wish you were here, shine on you crazy diamond and welcome to machine. I could listen to only that cd for the rest of my life and i would find nothing wrong with it

12. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

when i first heard this song i misunderstood this line's lyrics and i thought they were saying : HOW CAN I ESCAPE THIS IRRESISTIBLE GRASS!!

lol:D

13. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

I think Pink Floyd is one of the greatest artists of all time! :D

14. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

ha ha, niiiiiice. I'm going to remember that next time I hear that song. I wish that were my situation!

15. dumbblonde74D

dumbblonde74D Member

if my folks would not listen to Pink Floyd I be grounded

16. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i love "The Wall", "Wish you were Here", and last but not least "Dark Side of the Moon"

17. staples420

staples420 Member

I think Dark Side of the Moon is probably my favorite pink floyd album...

18. baby-boy

baby-boy Member

have you heard the All Stars (reggae) cover of Dark side of the Moon. I went to see them in DC - it was quite a party. i was amazed by all the white guys with dread locks. very nice cover

19. Syd Barett's cat

Syd Barett's cat Member

Pink Floyd have to be the best band ever, no arguments. They just are! Bloody brilliant, every one of their songs and every one of their albums, from Piper at the Gates of Dawn to Momentary lapse of reason, they all kick ass!!! My favourite album has to be The Wall it is a masterpeice, but my favourite song is Atom Heart Mother, closely followed by Echoes.

20. shaba

shaba Grand Inquisitor

My favourite Pink Floyd song for today is Paintbox!