Pierced ear on 1 year old baby boy

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AshtonsMom, Jun 24, 2006.

1. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

That's kinda where I'm coming from... that I'm not doing any favors by sugar coating certain things.

Of course by expressing myself as I did I opened myself to some rather strong dissent- especially as I'm not a parent and might be thought unqualified to respond. They still haven't invented that device sensitive enough to measure how little I care about such things!

2. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH I JUST READ THE REST OF THE THREAD!!
    AAHHAHAQHHAAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAH WHAT STINKFOOT SAID..

i guess i just paraphrased,,..:p AAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAH

3. hippiehillbilly

puter burp..

4. hippiehillbilly

sorry i guess i dont articulate well enough to be considered a teacher..

if ya find my comments rude and condeming,, then perhaps ya should humble yourself into understandin the facts that some folks aint as well edumacated as you,, but still meen well..

iffin ya would like to edit my every post so it sounds prim an proper,, i be glad to send ya my password..

otherwise,, all i got to say is OH FUCKIN WELL..

5. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

nah, I rather appreciate knowing who thinks I'm scum. most people lie about it

6. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

See hhb, that's what I mean. You don't have to be educated to not call people names. You have a lot to give and people could learn from you, but I think you're too harsh on people at times for that to come across.

7. hippiehillbilly

thank you sister..

luvin you.. love n light!!!

8. hippiehillbilly

man im just me.. if ya heard my same beliefs face to face ya may have a diffrent light..

but see ya read words on a screen an use yer own mind to deciepher what ya feel those words meen.. even tho ya have never met said human bein ya make a judgementon there words.. so i said scum.. an you judge,.,..

miss fontennella thanked me fer bein honest,, an you use her as a tool to condem me???

an whos harsh?

man skewed thoughts do come about in this world..

hehheehheheehe..
    yeah ya really presented yerself well on this one.. :rolleyes:

9. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

aha- I missed this...

True enough!

Speculations... I tried to be careful not to delve too deeply into "judgement" territory and you couldn't be more correct: They say everybody is a perfect parent, until they have children This is a pretty apt description of my own realization that alone I'd make a shitty father and have yet to find the woman who I'd feel comfortable and competent being a co-parent with. I've often said in R/L that the world is a FAR better place that I haven't been a parent if for no other reason that I lack easy patience- and it took quite a bit of time to realize that. While I still might not be the greatest fatherhood material at least at this stage in my life I've somehow managed to teach myself to stop and weigh consequences before I do something. That doesn't mean squat until I get my baptism by fire but I'll stand a far better chance at success if I'm complemented in partnership by someone who is on the same page as me on what direction to go with child rearing.

It's not that I dislike children or don't ever want to be a parent but I know my limitations enough to realize it's a job I couldn't do alone. FWIW I'm sure that AshtonsMom is a far better parent than I'd be in a solo role- I mean no disrespect to her it's just the original question was not something I would expect to come from an otherwise responsible and loving parent but I am aware that my reaction says as much about my own prejudices as anything else. I expected some backlash when I posted- and to her credit, AshtonsMom had as cool headed and rational reaction as there was.

10. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I think it's nuts. Why do you think a boy would want his ears pierced .I had my ears pierced as a child and had no say. I rarely wear earings. That's a control issue there my friend. Let the boy make his own choice.

11. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

I cant believe none of you other than minkajane are interested in my future penis piercing...

12. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

You're groen and that's potentially painful. You'll get a pink slip. If you want to add to the appearense of your wanker than try water colors.

13. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

You should get one of those bars like you put through your tongue, only put it through your cock-top. That'll get their attention! lol!

14. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

wow...i shudder to think that people are judging my parenting skills based on a silly little question...lmao. True enough, I threw it out there, but I was just wanting to see how people would respond. I have a friend who had her son's ear pierced when he was only two years old, and he is now 12. He is doing just fine, for the record. and hhb, that was harsh....what would you guys rather see: a baby that has a pierced ear and is well taken care of, or a baby that is neglected without any pierced ears? just a speculation....personally, I don't feel that getting a child's ear pierced borders on abuse or anything like that. Now if I were biting my child, refusing to feed him, hitting him or neglecting him in any way, that would be abuse. Thank goodness we live in America, huh? we are all still entitled to our opinions at least. I want you guys to know that no offense was taken, but I was a bit taken aback when I was called a bad parent, when no one even knows how I raise my child.

and for the record?
    ............my son is circumcised as well. :D

15. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

please dont start the circumcision debate.
    its like fire on gunpowder
    i dont think you are a bad parent but wth do you want your BOY to have an ear ring?

16. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

absolutely not....:D

17. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

what do you think about a guy with a penis piercing? do you think thats weird? i havent done it yet...

18. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

I had a friend of mine had it done...he said it hurt like HELL. he was walking weird for like, forever. :D. he was very sensitive, and he dreaded the moment he had to whip it out to go to the bathroom....I had no pity for him because he did it to himself. But when it healed, he said his sex life got SUPERB lmao.

19. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

i might wait for the winter months when im less active. im trying to run and be outdoorsy now during the summer. would hate to be stuck inside tending to my member

20. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

good luck with all that....lmao. Hope it's worth it for ya. :D ;)