Pierced ear on 1 year old baby boy

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AshtonsMom, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Friend

Friend Banned

If you're gonna do it, do it right. I think they should pierce the little mongo's nose instead and put a big padlock. Then he'll look tough. Unfortunately at the ripe old age of 10 is nose will be severaly dropping down like Sean Penn...

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I think it should be compared to dying their hair. If you wouldn't dye their hair whatever colour you like or pierce their eyebrow/nose/nipples, you should not be piercing ears, either. ;)

3. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

start him into lifting and such so he can look like this:

[​IMG]

4. ruski

ruski Senior Member

1) i dont care
    2) if the kid is 1 he wont remember it anyway
    3) i dont give a fuck what ppl to do their kids

5. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

Do you think its a good idea to shove metal through a childs ear?

There are so many risks with it, not just the pain of having it done, but after he will have to be careful not to rip it out!!!!
    Personally I think it borders on child abuse

6. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

Nimh - I love your new sig :D

7. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

well even though you've made up your mind, I'm voting for no too.
    he may diecide he hates it when he's older and it smakes to much of a perant dieciding what a childs personailty should be like for my liking.
    also they're really sore when cleaning them after
    S

8. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

just keep loving him, thats all he wants or needs in the world, ear rings and tattoos and such are the things he is supposed to be able to bug you about in his future to get on your nerves, its a teens right, lol

9. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

The child should be old enough to be able to voice his own opinion, to express a desire, before simply assuming he would even want his ear pierced in the first place. IMHO!

10. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

I've always wanted to pierce my frenum.

11. minkajane

minkajane Member

Sultan, that would be hot. But the body part is called a frenulum, the piercing is called a frenum.

12. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

Thanks, didnt know that. I have read that it improves sex alot.

13. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

hey, thanks! :)

14. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Giving any 1 year old a piercing is insane and irresponsible. Let the kid get old enough to make his own decision. I'm sorry to put it this way but the fact that you've brought this question to poll here without coming to a common-sense conclusion on your own doesn't speak well for your parenting- which may well be fantastic otherwise but... my God! Why do you want him to be pierced anyway? He's a human being, not a goddamned fashion accessory to your wardrobe!

15. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Thats rather uncalled for. Alot of parents have had infants ears pierced, its not a sign of a bad parent. I personally would not but then again its not my child. As for the poll, perhaps she could see the pros and cons and ldeally came to a stale mate in the issue and decided maybe there were others out here who may have had done or thought to have done the same with thier child and why they did or did not do it. Asking any question is far better an idea than just doing something while being undecided. People ask for advice all the time out here, and may never take the advice just looking for a little input to mull over a little.

There is no reason at all to challenge her parenting skills, I am glad that one thinks a little well enough to ask others in the world to see what experience and thoughts they may have. The real proof is if they are able to read thru the information and base a decision upon what they felt was information that would pertain to thier own life and function best for them.

Your opinion is great in the stand point you wish to protect a child in the best way you feel is correct but constructive input is far better than putting on an offense that will be looked at as an attack rather than just suggestions, and thoughts.

Then one must look at what I write and ask "just who the hell is this stupid ass think he is"? lol

16. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

Personally, I think my parenting skills are fantastic. I had a friend recommend that I do it, and I just wanted to see if I was the only one against it. My son lacks for nothing....in fact, he has more than he needs, including love and attention. :D.

17. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Awww, we know you're a good mama Heather. (that feels weird saying that considering it's my name too!)

18. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

lmao...yeah, I always feel weird when I run across someone with the same name as me, because it doesn't happen too often. :D

19. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I personally see no pros in an issue that can't have anything to do with what the kid wants. If someone is considering subjecting a toddler to the physical pain of a piercing when the child is likely not old enough to formulate any preference then the parent isn't fully taking the child into consideration. The only possible pay-off to giving someone so young any such alteration is to address the ego of the parent and reflects a kind of selfishness that isn't exactly compatible with parenting... it's a huge red flag that does get me to wondering about parenting skills... it doesn't bode well for the future of the kid that the parent- whose job includes instillling values and judgement skills that will equip the child to function in life, is wavering on a question that at least to me has only one reasonable answer. This just doesn't strike me as an issue that needs outside input to be resolved.

Now I DID allow for the distinct possibility that AshtonsMom is an otherwise skilled and responsible parent... I'm not casting judgement on that but I felt that pussyfooting around an issue that the results of which can affect how others not only regard and interact with her but also her son is doing a disservice and a direct, blunt approach at the risk of sounding harsh was in order. I'm NOT saying that a piercing on a boy is inherently bad, just let him get old enough to decide whether he feels that going through the discomfort is worth the result.

20. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Heather (Ashtonsmom) this comment isn't directed at you at all.

sometimes parents may feel that they are harming their children and cannot see the wood for the trees, in this case they may well ask a third party for advice, however shocked one is, one has to take an objective view otherwise people will feel ashamed or embarressed to ask such questions.
    this isn't about Heathers original question, hwever if a parent feels they are bad, it takes a lot of courage to come out and say that, to be bombarded with a guilt trip will prevent that person from coming forward and in the end prevent a child from getting the attention they need

Heather i repeat this is aimed at stinkfoots reaction, not aimed at you or the original question to this post
    S