pictures when I was almost anorexic

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by iscreamchocolate, Aug 26, 2005.

1. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

here are a couple pictures of me... from long ago when I was in grade 9... I was 10 pounds away from being anorexic.. I use to make myself throw-up a lot and stuff and I was very depressed.Still get pretty depressed.. but not as much as before. beside me is my friend Joann... but anyways here are a couple pictures.
    I'm the one with the light blue shirt.. if you look close enough you can see how skinny my arms were. But yea.. That was me before.

2. willowbaby89

willowbaby89 Member

...very triggering

3. David54

David54 Member

Interesting how you and your friend dressed so differently. She was being more provocative, methinks.

How are you now?

4. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Anorexia does not come with a weight requirement, if you were making yourself throw up you had an eating disorder, fortunately that doesn't really matter now unless it is possible of that recurrance. Did you get any help or how did you come to be how you are now?

5. iscreamchocolate

yes I use to make myself throwup all the time.. my boyfriend at the time use to always call me fat and stuff.. and a pig.. so I use to make myself throwup to become more of what he wanted me to be... I felt like I was very ugly and so fat... so I threw up every night and morning. my skin got all yellowy and i developed dark circles under my eyes... every time at school I'd leave class to throw up as well.. I never braught lunches to school. and I was always very sick and dizzy.

I'm good now! :):) I still have my self-consciousness just not as bad.. before it was very obsessive... and it was soo hard to stop.. I went to many councellors and phyciatrists and stuff... I got tons of help.. Thank goodness... I felt like it has helped a lot.. :)

6. iscreamchocolate

I'm not sure why she dressed like that... she just did. She always did. we always dressed totally different...

I'm good now :) thank you

7. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Yeah as someone else said... there is no weight requirement.

There is an anorectic weight, which SIMPLY means that it is a dangerous weight; but just because you weren't at that weight does NOT mean you did not have a serious condition [an eating disorder]

You said you threw up a lot--that would fall under having bulimia. A lot of people who have bulimia aren't underweight. That doesn't mean it's any less severe; it does serious internal damage to your body.

I'm glad you're better now...but why the urge to post such photos?

I only ask because I too have struggled with eating disorders myself, and am now recovered...and I don't even want to LOOK at those pictures anymore.

8. iscreamchocolate

i'm not sure why I posted them... I guess I'm a little happy of the change from then to now.. and stuff... :)

9. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Alright, well that's good to hear :) And, I'm glad to hear you're doing better...and that you're HAPPY about it :)

I hope you stay focused and don't turn back, good luck AND congratulations <3

10. iscreamchocolate

thanks a lot apples+oranges. :)

11. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

wow, babe! That's incredible! Good for you!

12. iscreamchocolate

huh? you mean good for me as in.. good that I got all skinny and stuff?? huh?

13. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Well I'm glad you're better, it is very difficult to get over something like that, I have been there as well and saw many people who didn't come out of it. I'm glad you've gotten help and that you are so changed that you even felt confident in showing the pictures of such a dark time in your life to celebrate your growth and health as it is now. That takes a lot of guts. Unfortunately all of my phrases have multiple meanings ;) but you know what I mean, congrats!

14. lakshen

lakshen Forn SiĆ°r

People like that ought to have reserved spots on death row express...

But I'm glad you got out of it

15. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

yea i agree people gotta realize how harmful words can be..in many ways words can do more harm then repeated beatings,
    thats the point i was trying to make in the poll about wether kids these days are getting heavier..because at the same time there may be a trend towards kids being heavier, more people are being called fat & tons more kids are becomming weight obsessed, i actualy beleive the opposite trend is true, there may be a few more so called overweight kids, but at the same time theres tons & tons developing eatting disorders
    i know quite a few freinds who have gone through this disease, & many more are still stuck in it or are fighting theyre way through recovery now
    if you do a google image search for anorexics (or maybe it wasanorexia, i forget which i used) the first two images thst come up are of someone i know very well & who i was very afraid would die from her illness (if you see the pics you'll see why i wasso scared) anyone who calls someone a fat pig should be locked in a closet & not given anything at all to eat for a year..and while theyre sitting in the dark starving there should be a recording playing over & over calling them fat disgusting pigs..then they'd understand how much dammage words can do.

16. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I think White Ginger was happy at your recovery, honey, not at the weight losing problem. (And actually, anorexia does have a weight requirement, for classic Anorexia Nervosa, I believe it is 20% under normal weight, or a 20% weight loss, if you were of normal weight before the loss. It isn't an actual weight, but a percentage below normal.)

Congrats on your recovery. You will have to work hard, when you get stressed, as the urges to not eat or to vomit may come back. Don't be afraid to go back into therapy when you feel like you want to hurt yourself.

Keep healing, baby.

17. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i think she meant that it's really good you recovered.

18. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

my father and older brother were both like that. thankfully (?) my naturally contrary nature sent me the other direction. i suppose it woulda been better to be immune to the constant abuse, but i guess getting fat is better than getting too skinny and dying before i can recover.