Picture Post Association Game

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Eric, May 24, 2004.

1. Eric

Eric Member

"And now for something completely different!"

Hm, not really.
    A variation of the classic.
    The title says it all, i guess.
    No words, just one picture per post please.
    If an image don't shows simply associate to the one before.

Let's go! Der Flötenschlumpf beginnt!

[​IMG]

2. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

[​IMG] mmm, but won't this eat a LOT of bandwith or whatever?

3. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I really don't wanna ruin your happiness about that new game guys, but, I don't think it is a good idea!! The pictures take way too long to load (for modem users at least) and it takes lots of space... also I'm not too sure that Skip would agree on that one, we're already lucky that he didn't close the word association game... so, let's just stop that one before I'm forced to close it! :(

I'm really sorry...

5. Southernman

The only valid argument is this with the modem users, the pics itselves are linked external and stay stored on the other servers, the hipforum servers have only to store some Bytes, depending on the amount of letters used for the image tag. For modem users should be a option in the personal settings, to show pics only by explicit clicking on it, letting it up to the modem users decision, what to transfer and letting the others further enjoy the benefits of 3rd millenium technologies. [​IMG]

An uptoday Server Administration should have the tools to monitor individual bandwidth consumption of several threads, but this depends even more of the number of users being online at the same time than on that, what's stored in the individual threads. From other web societies I know the feature of showing up server statistics even for the 'ordinaire' users and you can use the monitored data of bandwidth consumption even for switching on/off the feature of showing pics automaticaly if bandwhith consumption gets low/high. We got the new forum with the promise of a better overall bandwidth. Why not ask first the Admins, whether there is a problem., posting a thread like this one before shooting blindly around? [​IMG]

Au revoir,
    Southernman

6. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Why did Skip nearly close the word association thread?

7. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Thanks southernman, actually I wasn't sure about that one so I asked on the moderators forum, and I'll come back with the news, in the meantime, let's go on... after all I ave no idea if it would bother Skip! I just got paranoid... and you're right, I don't see what other problems there would be aside from the loading...

And well, about the word association game, I heard that Skip wanted to kill them all off (at least on the Random Thoughts forum).

Well, we'll see...

8. Eric

Eric Member

Hi Penny,

it's all like Southerman said. The pictures are just linked and will keep stored on their original servers. Actually this thread should be the least space-per-post using thread after the classic association game.
    Regarding the modem users: Why prevent the birds from flying just because fish can't fly at all?

I associate to the picture in your signature:

[​IMG]

9. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

By space I didn't mean what you think, I meant actual room on the page! lol But, it's allright I guess, let's go on, at least until I get instructions to maybe stop it... which I hope I won't have to do. But let's try to post not too big images, okay? Will be more practical :)

Here's my association:

[​IMG]

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Oops I thought it would come out much smaller than this! Sorry... but I think this picture is too perfect to change it!

11. Southernman

Penny, if you keep posting such large pics, our computers need about 0,000000000000023 seconds longer for loading them. No problem [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Eric

Eric Member

it's nice to see that mom is playing with the kids (till daddy comes home)

[​IMG]

13. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

14. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

[​IMG][/font]
    hhe, just like the real like, tibby(sheep) is pastured, then it's shaved and we get wool and then we get woolen pullovers. lol!

15. Eric

Eric Member

[​IMG]..........

16. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I'm starting to love this game, it's quite fun :D

[​IMG]

17. Southernman

[​IMG]

18. Eric

Eric Member