Physical Work & Better Highs

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Motion, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

Does anyone feel like they have better highs when they do something physical like cleaning up around the house,cutting grass,washing a car etc while high? I feel like I have my best highs when I do something physical like those things and I have fewer problems with things like anxiety. I'am thinking maybe anxiety and paranoia are more of a problem when you just sit around. Maybe sitting around causes your mind to wonder on the wrong things but being active gives your mind and body something more productive to do. I've noticed that when I clean up around the house while high I have a stronger feeling of "getting things done" ya know? It's like I have a more enhanced feeling of being more productive which makes my highs feel better.

2. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

I know what you mean,
    Sometimes when I smoke I am overcome with an intense ambition to achieve something- weather it is cleaning the house, writing music, doing homework etc- Its like if im high, I can easily slip into automatic mode and can trust my body what to do whaterver it is I want, and I dont even have to think about it.

3. Jolo

Jolo Member

It could be that, but it could also be that when you do physical activity, your heart beats faster, therefore moving the THC to your brain at a higher rate.

I too, generally have a stronger feeling of getting things done when I do things while high.

4. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

It isn't necessarily better, but doing physical work when you're high is a lot funner than when in standard consciousness. And yeah when your high you can do things without thinking about them so much....your intuition definitely improves. Your brain definitely goes more into automatic mode.

I suppose it can depend on the strain too......I imagine less sedating and heady sativas suit this more than more sedating and stoney indicas.

5. tculi

tculi Senior Member

i feel that! I have a bikepath by my house that runs along a river and when its warm i like to take about a 17 mile ride . I usually wait until a couple miles in, then i pull off to the side on a dirt trail and take a hit or two out of my pre-packed chillum with a duct tape cap. I keep pulling off on different trails along the way to take another hit. It is sooo nice. I usually plan it so i leave right before the sun sets. There is almost no one on the path the first half of the ride, then later there is no one else on it because at the end of the ride its usually pitch black hahah. But that combination of the exercise and the high is fantastico. Plus just cruisin along, with some good tunes in and the great outdoors is so peaceful

6. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

I know what you mean about less anxiety when you are up doing something, if I start getting freaked out when i'm smoking alone just sitting here, i'll go walk around my house and play with my dog and clean or go for a walk and I feel a million times better and my high turns from bad to better then normal