Photos of UK troops absing prisoners in Iraq

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Spacer, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Anyone else seem them, fuckin disgraceful, I was never in doubt that it was going as they've been doing similar things in the north Ireland for years. Some of the photos though were awful.

2. goldmund

goldmund Member

its too bad. they've enjoyed good relations in most the areas they secure. i am sure that will change now. I've read a lot about the Irish situation. I even chatted with a guy once who was stationed there. He was a total dick.

3. Megara

Megara Banned

unfortunately, we all have our hooligans.

4. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Yeah Megara, we also have high ranking officers being ordered to torture and abuse prisoners by the White House, and ordering these so called "hooligans" to do it.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

5. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

makes ya wonder why the media raised more hell about the US doing the same thing.

6. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Its not enough to proclaim it's wrong, we as civilised nations should put our selves above these disgusting displays of degradation,,, by making sure it does not happen any more...
    Easier said than done, when faced with an enemy that is intent on killing you, but when captured demands his rights, but when they capture one of ours, they have their heads cut off with a blunt sword -If they are lucky !!!

They demand food in accordance with their religion, Where as the soldiers that they capture are lucky if they are fed at all !!!!

They demand humanitarian treatment ,,, where as the soldiers that they capture are bound and hooded for 24 hours a day and constantly tortured physically, and reminded that they will be beheaded in a few days !!!!!

This does not detract from the fact that we are better than the people that do these terrible thing ,,, But only if we don't ................

7. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

The prisoners arnt really to nice to the guards either. Maybe one day i can snap shots of "prisoners abusing guards," and be on the news!!! Seriously, they throw feces, and spit at you and try to get at you any chance they get.

8. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

. thought you were airbourne / so have you witnessed prisioners abusing guards ? / or is it what you have been told . i personally think a majority of these guards are brain dead thugs who not only abuse there prisioners but there position an all . / peace /

9. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Considering that reports have shown anywhere from 70 - 90% of those imprisoned (not counting the many dragged off to Gitmo without any indictable evidence to support their indefinite detainment) were/are innocent victims of indiscriminate roundups and "fact finding" excursions, once again consider what response you might have toward your captors who have invaded your land, dragged you out of your home in the middle of the night, abused you, labelled you a "terrorist" if you dare fight back, etc.?

When it all comes back upon our own nation, remember your attitude conveyed repeatedly here and don't fight to defend your land nor resist should you be captured and mistreated.

"Liberation" indeed.

10. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

Its what I have been told. Im not a ranger by the way....
    Security forces... not much of a difference, but we do perform prison duty sometimes. (especially since this big army fiasco.)

11. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

"The prisoners arnt really to nice to the guards either. Maybe one day i can snap shots of "prisoners abusing guards," and be on the news!!! Seriously, they throw feces, and spit at you and try to get at you any chance they get."
    my response was meant to be comedic by the way
    (If I was a POW I would raise hell too)

12. paulfreespirit

thanks for clearing that up .(i was slightly confused by your statement ).as you have done prison duty"s yourself " would it be unfair for me to ask" if you yourself have witnessed any prisoners being abused ? . also what would you do if you were to witness these acts . reason i ask is that i think(reading your posts) you have some compasion in your heart . /peace /

13. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

I would not stand for it. Ive never witnessed any, but I havn't had the pleasure of working at an overseas prison yet.
    I look at myself as an ambassador to my country when i interact with anyone else that is not from America. If I were to be a guard in a foreign prison I would try to set an example, so they know that not all americans are assholes. Those guards are a disgrace to all military people. Brit&US

14. paulfreespirit

i should/nt imagine it to be pleasurable working in any prison drew " also oversea ones". as for ambassador ( this is good to hear) from you . nothink to add / peace /

15. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Here are some of the photos.

I'm reminded that when the supposedly "fake" photos of prisoner abuse by UK troops were released, the strong denials by UK politicos that anything like that could happen because the British troops are better trained, more polite, etc., ad nausem.

Humans are humans, and when you give individuals absolute power over others, there will ALWAYS be abuse. The only way to avoid it is to NOT give people such power, and always checkup on this shit. And those at the top are ALWAYS responsible for creating these scenarios in the first place!

16. Spacer

And believe it or not there's more British troops stationed in the north of Ireland than in Iraq! Considering how small the north of Ireland and that all the paramilitaries are on a ceasefire and have been for several years I find it amazing that they still have so many troops there. Still give it another 20 years and they'll be gone altogether.

17. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Why are the actions of 0.01 percent of the army both American and British .. being turned into such a overblown political football.. These FEW sick fucks were not 'torturing' them because of orders too do so by their superiors .. They were having fun .. nothing more. These sick fucks were not interogating the poor iraqis we see in the pictures .. they were bullying humiliating and generaly treating them as entertainment ..

I would appreciate if some knows if the treatment in Northern Ireland by gaurds was for mere entertainment or to extract information ?.

18. Spacer

Probably a little of column A and a little of column B, also is it okay to carry out such acts to get information? Also in the north it was not only the army but the RUC aswell at similar carry on. Let's not forget we had the wonderful internment without trial up the north of Ireland aswell. Loads of innocent people sent to jail alot without any justification. We also had Bloody Sunday in 1972 when the British army massacred 13 people taking part in a peaceful protest and injured another 14. Taking all these into account it's hardly suprising the other was going on in Iraq and I severley doubt if it was only 0.01%. Despite the British army liking to think they are slightly more civilised and their American amigos I don't really think this is the case.

19. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

MMM possibly ... but i would put this into a lot of column a (that being entertainment)...
    IMHO they are NOT trying to get information .. any proper interogation may hvave already been done ? in a proper manner by trained interogators ?.. forgive but i don't think these soldiers were under the task of interogating them were they ? .. just gaurding them ?.

They may have been humiliated in this way after , while they were being kept before release or awaiting interogations ?.. i realy don't know .. do you ?..

I think your demonstrating the over analysis of this situation and making this into more than it realy is ? .. your not the only one. Between the lines this is being used to tarnish/discredit and just continue the percieved 'evilness' of the american army and for good measure and so that we have something too talk about over here the british photos are being printed all over for us... the press are using this as an excuse. It was a opportunistic damaging story , that of course is unfortunate and needs looking into.. wich justifies the medias behaviour slightly. But only slightly ?.

You have just demonstrated what i mean by over doing the political relevance and comparisons i think.

20. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4193751.stm

It looks like they were not even 'proper' prisoners at all ? and were brought in and released within hours ? . This might have just happened with the 'british' detainees ..??. The whole thing imho has been bundled all together in a realy bad way ?.