Phish Tour?

Discussion in 'Grateful Dead and Phish' started by Patchworkshorts, May 6, 2007.

1. Patchworkshorts

Patchworkshorts Member

i dont wanna cause too much excitement or rustle ant feathers but rather ask a question. A somewhat reliable source told me that there is a possibility of phish touring/ playing some shows together soon. like next year. has anyone heard this roumor? lest shed some light on this.

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

heard this rumor? yep! at least once a month since 2004.

3. kyndmamaof4

kyndmamaof4 Member

yeah unfortunately, I hear that at the beginning of EVERY summer. :(

Maybe someday!

4. solla._.sollew

solla._.sollew Member

not this summer. maybe summer of '09.....it will be good. oh so good.

5. Patchworkshorts

Patchworkshorts Member

Woah, Woah, where ya goin so fast? please elaborate. how do you know this/why then?

6. solla._.sollew

solla._.sollew Member

i don't 'know' it, i feel it. its only a matter of time and not a long time....take it as a grain of salt. but if you look at the signs....the many things the members of Phish have said in interviews....we are looking at a tour soon......i will not call it a reunion. reunions are stupid. they shout 'fake'. they are just going on tour again. Phish just doing what it does....

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

how long will Trey be in jail????

8. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

none if he completes his drug treatment program. he will only have 5 years probation.

sadly, if he doesnt complete the program he will get 1-3 year in prision.

i believe he is in the same program i am in, called "drug court". wiki it for more info. basicly it last a year. you get a probation officer, and you face random drug tests.

9. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

i would die if i got 5 years probation

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

he's so sunk...

11. Patchworkshorts

Patchworkshorts Member

i have 5 years probation, it sucks. im off st pattys day 2009. party like woah on that night.

12. dazydaze

dazydaze Member

oh to hear the sweet sounds again...just one more time!

13. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

everybdy I know puts there money on summer 08 or 09

14. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Sad but true. He is hit.

15. hippie-McHipperson

hippie-McHipperson Member

Have faith! Trey will get his act together and he will be back as the man we once knew.

16. guyute625

guyute625 Member

you mean the gold sweatpants-wearing, bowlcut music nerd and he will again write songs about multibeasts and apparati of certain parts of cells.

17. hippie-McHipperson

I can hope cant I

18. hippie-McHipperson

you know... this post made me think a little. I have been so intent, waiting for phish to get back together and for the magic to start flowing again, and everyone is talking about phish going back on tour, but what about writing new material. What is phish's new material going to be like? I haven't thought about it much but when I do, and you put it like that, it's hard to imagine Trey writing about helping friendly books and organelles now'a'days. I just don't know what to think because I hear all of this stuff about trey being pompous but when I listen to interviews of trey, like the one a little while back on sirius radio, and Hes talking about the break up and the future but mostly the past with tom marshall, I hear a sincerity in his voice and his words and I really believe that he cares and wants to do what is right. I want to think he is but I also wonder if he is capable of making the perfect blend of quirky humer, shredding rock, jazz, and mind blowing compositions in one song that phish is known for. I guess only the furture will tell...
    -sorry for rambling, I could go on and on about this stuff! (I didnt even mention they question of what the band chemistry will be like)

19. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

I've spent quite a great deal caressing these thoughts too. It sort of seems to me that if they do return it would have to be with some sort of newfound kind of.....idea maybe? Not necessarily idea but rather texture..... Not too different as to alienate the magic we all once were submerged in, but maybe deeper, faster, stronger..... but all the same with some sort of new..... kind of drive. I'm not really sure how to express the idea but its the only way I see it to happen, a way to brings omething new and fun but all the same keep that trey/fish/gordo/page blend strong and thick.

god bless you if any of that makes sense

20. hippie-McHipperson

no... It makes sense. If phish is going to come back strong t hen they need to find a new fresh way to be able to stay stong on top of the game because they obviosly arent they way they once were, but still are stong and innovative player.

- this might not make sense either