Phish Tickets

Discussion in 'Grateful Dead and Phish' started by gaiabee, Jan 24, 2009.

1. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

Why was it that ticket brokers/scalpers had pre-sale tickets available (at ridiculously high prices) for the Hampton shows and now for the '09 tour?

Was the band itself involved in this arrangement?

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

It's the venues fault. Phish needs to play large venues, large venues are owned by corporations, corporations make contracts with ticket-master, ticket-master makes contracts with brokers, brokers up the price, phans get screwed.

3. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

How is it the venue's fault if ticketmaster is the one making contracts with the brokers? Is it that the venues are pre-releasing the tickets to ticketmaster? Or is this a decision made by Phish management? I'm not saying you have to answer these questions. lol. I'm just wondering if anyone knows these things as I've been thinking about it. Kind of frustrating when loyal phans have been waiting for years for Phish to make a comeback only to get screwed by what appears to be a legal scam. I guess I really want to know what kind of role Phish plays in all this, and if they have any control over it.

4. JerryWobbles

JerryWobbles Member

i think ticketmaster sets aside a certain amount of tickets.....when u see ticketnow.com that ticketing agency....it will say something like "a ticketmaster company"....so i think to answer your question....ticketmaster is alotting tickets to be sold at higher prices(aka ticketnow)......hence why theyre called ticketBASTARD

5. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

Almost all large venues use ticketmaster exclusivly for their ticket sales. Venues are releasing almost all tickets to ticketmaster.

6. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

I see. Thank you for clearing that up. I always knew ticketmaster was (poorly) run on greed, but I didn't realize all those expensive pre-sale tickets were sold via ticketmaster subsidiaries. Interesting.

Good news is my hubby got us some tickets through the lottery.... weeeeeeeee :-D

7. picassomoon

picassomoon Guest

the prices right now are incredibly rediculous. i wanna go but jeez...i dont know if i can even afford it at all. sucks.

8. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

Wait until they officially go on sale (I think Saturday?). You might get lucky and score some tickets at face value.