Phish is calling it quits

Discussion in 'Music' started by Bassplayerjojo, May 25, 2004.

1. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

2. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

very sad, but htey are probably right, it is time. i was lucky enough to see 69 shows and am going to try for deercreek, and since this news, maybe even alpine valley. we'll miss ya boys.

3. Acorn

Acorn Member

they're the only band i like that i can see without dead members, or being broken up! its so sad. :(

4. SamIam

SamIam Member

I love this band! I just really started to get into them too... I went to one show last year and I'm goin to three this tour... I cant believe its over... :(

5. sprout

sprout DeadHead

In his announcement Trey says,

"Once we started talking, it quickly became apparent that the other guys' feelings, while not all the same as mine, were similar in many ways -- most importantly, that we all love and respect Phish and the Phish audience far too much to stand by and allow it to drag on beyond the point of vibrancy and health. We don't want to become caricatures of ourselves, or worse yet, a nostalgia act."

I knew this was coming. When they came back from their "hiatus" they really didn't have the energy goin' on like before but more over I think its just Trey being a bitch and bitching out on the other guys and on the fans as well. Trey thinks hes gonna go solo and its all gonna work out phatty for him but I don't see that happening. I really love Phish but I'm real upset with this bull@!#*

I say poo on Trey!<<<<<<BOO THIS MAN!

6. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

one way or the other...it fucking sucks!!!

7. kentuckyfunk

kentuckyfunk Member

well, i can tell you one thing..... i am ordering coventry tickets ASAP.....everyone sure as hell knows that they will go out with a bang!!!

8. TheGnome

TheGnome Member

Yep, I have 6 tickets for me and my friends. That last festival is going to be sad and amazing at the same time. They will go out with a bang - I'm sure. I'm also going to some of the other shows. I will miss them a lot, but at least I have the memories.