philosophical short story about time travel

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by Duck, May 24, 2006.

1. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

this is just the beggining, right after this, the narrator will go into the back story

Now Then After
    Frustrated, I began ranting, “It's not really all that complicated. There is the Then, the Now and, the After. We want to get away from Now, escape it. The only way we can do that is to go back to the Then, or forward to the Later. We have the path made for us, we just need to find the damn thing.”

Derek interjected, “You talk about it like it's a fucking stroll down the street,” he was frustrated too, “Right Now, we are in the Now, if we move to the Then, it will become our Now. An escape from the Now is not what we need, it's not what we are looking for. What we ARE looking for, what we are looking for is a way to shift the Now, our Now that is, push it over to the Then or Later.”

“Okay, okay,” I said, using my arms to signal for peace, “what if we are just looking at this the wrong way, maybe we need some perspective.”

Still with anger Derek replied, “we don't need any perspective, we have plenty of goddamn perspective. What we need, is to pull our heads out of our asses. Wait!” he then screamed, excitement filling in for his sudden loss of emotion, “maybe you are right, maybe we are limiting ourselves here.”

“What do you mean?” I inquired in a blatently puzzled tone.

Derek explained, still with excitement, he was sure he had a solution, “Well, everything we know, it is based off of one source. This source is one that we can not trust.”

With his pseudo-answer just leaving me more puzzled, I asked, “What is this source that you speak of?”

“Logic.”

2. rockgoat9

rockgoat9 Member

Interesting...would like to read some more.

3. Duck

it will get into it more, don't worry

4. steffan

steffan puffin

its like building a mentle road map through time, i liked that concept

5. Duck

yeah, I need to refine the writing alot, but that was just written up real fast to show the concept
    I've been relaly busy lately and havne't worked ont his story since that day