Phantom of the Opera ...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by txbarefooter, Jan 17, 2005.

1. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

I went yesterday with some friends and watched this movie. It was far better than I thought it would be. It is good "date" movie, not really a "chick flick", but a movie you can get into. the effects and musical score were very well done. I would give it a good 8 outta 10.

I didn't see the play, so I don't have anything to compare to.

2. dutch_diciple

dutch_diciple Member

yesyes, I've seen the movie, too, nice! Good singing and nice effects, the lights, and the look of the theater and the beautifull clothing. But the singing is the main thing ofcourse.I defenitely am glad i saw it. Gives you a break between all the 'excited teeny hollywood hack 'n slashers'. Finally an artistic movie in the theaters!
    A good date movie? maybe, but I went there with a group of good friends, and it was great fun.

3. Marlyn

Marlyn Member

AH AH!!!! I just watched it for the 4th time(well I work there, and absolutley LOVE it :p) and so here i am at 12:09 in the morning burning my own soundtrack :p I've loved the music to it since like grade 7 (in Gr 11 now) but never knew what the story was, and i wasnt let down. YES!! BEST MOVIE EVER (so far :p)

4. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i made a post about this! its good

5. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

wowser! I haven't seen the film yet, i really gotta though. I've seen the musical on stage in London a few times, so Iknow the storyline. Hope it's good.