Peyote vs. Shrooms/Acid

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by inthydreams911, Aug 26, 2007.

1. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

Whats the difference between the hallucinations you see on peyote compared to the hallucinations you see on acid or shrooms?

2. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Main active ingredients in each:
    Peyote - Mescaline
    Acid - Lysergic Acid Diethylamide
    Shrooms - Psilocybin, Psilocin

Just look 'em up on Erowid.

3. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

^pretty sure they asked about the differences in the visuals, not in psychoactive components.

to the OP, this question doesn't really have much of an answer, as hallucinations (and trips in general) are effected largly by dose, set, and setting. I know that meditating with a ton of marihuana in my system alone in front of my buddha statue is very different from smoking a few hits in the park with my friends. I could hardly say they were the same drug.

4. psychedelic_t

psychedelic_t Member

I love peyote, here in Mexico is very famous, (and avaliable) lsd trips are cool too =), they all trip u out, but in different ways.

5. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

well i just heard some people say like mushrooms trips you see stuff out the corner of your eye, and acid its right in front of you, and peyote has really real visuals and blah blah blah. but yea i guess it probably all depends on the person and the environment.

6. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

Peyote/mescaline/tripping in general isn't about what you see, but what you feel and learn.

7. sk8nb8

sk8nb8 Member

i prefer jenkem

8. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

ive never had hallucinations on either. just visuals or visionary experiences behind closed eyes.

9. liquidacrobat

liquidacrobat Member

Yeah, pretty much the same here. Maybe some people would think of visuals as hallucinations. Seems like DMT is more hallucinogenic and LSD and mescaline more psychedelic. Interesting how the visuals are amazing and may be part of the visionary, but it's the visionary experiences that can change lives forever.

Giving thanks

10. strat

strat Member

Eat all three at different times and find out.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I can't tell you about peyote, but i've had Mescaline via San Pedro.

San Pedro visuals are pretty much certain colors really stand out (blues, red, yellows) and some objects become really refined in their shape. Things look kind of cartoony with the brightness colors. It's closer to LSD than to Mushrooms but still different. Occasionally I would see stuff in the corner of my eye too. My whole field of vision wasn't altered in the way the tryptamines (mushrooms/lsd) do it was just when i looked at certain objects, it's by no means any less profound though. The closed eye visuals are more realistic than LSD and mushrooms. I saw actual people (lucky enough for me it was naked women) that would transform into something else as opposed to LSD and mushrooms i usually just see shapes/colors/etc. I saw this one naked woman turn into a tiger and crawl up my arm. Again i knew I was hallucinating though.

12. j50wells

j50wells Guest

That's a good question. I have experienced all three and while they do have some similarities, in some ways they are completely different. I have also tried ayahuasca and found that it is the most powerful hallucinogenic that I know of.

I find that lsd is more of a recreational drug. The trip is fun and funny, as well as wierd and trippy. My first time taking it I played Super Mario Brothers and laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. (that was a long time ago). Another time I took lsd and it was more scary. Things started to melt and flow together. Everything seemed to be alive with a heartbeat. I also saw winged creatures everytime I looked into the night sky.

Shrooms had more meaning than lsd. Although I saw some trippy things and even experienced psychic powers, the trippy part wasn't noticed because I felt so full of concern for humanity. While on shrooms I looked back on my life and saw some bad things that I had done and some people that I had wronged and I was able to resolve those things.

Peyote was the best trip I've ever had. In fact, I wouldn't even consider peyote to be a trippy drug, it is more or less the healing salve to the soul. If you've ever used neosporin on a soar then peyote is like neosporin to your soul. If you take enough peyote your mind wonders off into indescribable visions. One vision that I had was of the Great Spirit and how much he cared for me and all of those around me. I then communed with dead Native American spirits. They were very kind and showed me many things.

Peyote is definitely not a recreational drug and is usually used for healing or spiritual purposes.

Ayahuasca is a drug that I don't recommend to people unless they have alot of experience with hallucenogenics. It is a drug that will completely rip the physical world out from underneath your feet. It was a terrifying experience. I communed with angels as well as saw terrifying demons and even extra-terrestrials. These were very real and not just part of a trip. Ayahuasca has some very powerful healing powers to it. There are stories of heroin addicts being cured by it. There are also stories of lepors being healed of leprosy through the shamanic use of ayahuasca. I think everyone should experience this drug, but with the accompaniment of a shaman. This drug can be terrifying and cause problems if not used correctly. The best way to use it is to catch a flight to South America and spend a couple of weeks taking ayahuasca with the shamans. They have web pages that will give you the cost and length of stay.

13. j50wells

j50wells Guest

haha.....I have had some fun experience like that on peyote. Sometimes I would close my eyes and see 50 Popeye's rolling down a curtain. Then they evolved into Cinderella's, then Yosemite Sam's, and on and on, for like fifteen minutes nothing but cartoon characters. It was very entertaining.

14. Perilless

Perilless Member

For me, Mescaline is more of a body high while acid is more hallucinatory. I always get an amazing feeling of unity with the planet when on mescaline, but hallucinations are generally quite subtle unless I shut my eyes. I guess Mescaline feels more earthy and organic to me, perhaps because it comes from a plant.

On acid I have a different type of spiritual feeling, and much more pronounced visuals. I've always found it difficult to shut my eyes on acid, and so havent been able to explore radiant landscapes like on mescaline.

As for psiloycybin, I've only had one proper trip....so dont really feel qualified to comment. It was totally different from the previous two substances though...

Happy psychonauting :)

15. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Never had any of the cacti, so I can't say.

LSD is very much like BLAM! EVERYTHING!!
    Everything has so much detail in it, and everything's really defined. I remember when I was coming up on my first LSD trip I was thinking "This is how pigeons see things, without the colours and warping". Imagine seeing life with a higher FPS.
    There's a lot of energy in LSD as well, like I'll want to go on a walk and just experience as much as I can. Incredibly colourful. The emotions I get on acid are also like... really fucking strong. I haven't experienced a deep LSD trip yet though, most I've had was 2 tabs at once but it's definitely my favourite psychedelic. (Having only tried acid, shrooms and salvia)

Shrooms resonate. If there was a sound track to describe a shroom trip it would be a deep, low sub tone that pulsates slowly. They're strange and sneaky because you go in and out of trips, and sometimes you don't even realise you're tripping until.. it slaps you in the face. There are periods when I'm tripping that I feel sober for about 2 minutes, and then it's straight back into some serious visuals. Most of the time I just wanna lie down, mong out and think or watch the visuals. They're a lot more introspective as well in my opinion. Colours are bright as hell, but it's nowhere near as colourful as acid.

I think I'd say that on acid you trip into things, and on shrooms things trip into you.

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

^Your whole post is very accurate and informative and relates to my experiences as well but...

lol wut?

17. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Ok yeah I can see how that would seem a bit odd.
    You know how pigeons(or any bird, I just thought of pigeons) see at a higher "frame rate", that's why when in a car it always looks like you're gonna hit birds in the road, but only because we're missing like 2/3 of the frames they see - so to them they've got ages before we hit them, and leave it a little later to "escape" :p

Hopefully that cleared that up, if not then I'll refer myself to the nearest psychiatric ward immediately.

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

HAHA! That makes sense it just read funny, because I find pigeons funny birds, I dunno.

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

That makes no sense whatsoever. People and pigeons see at the same "frame rate", the speed of light. Their visual acuity may be higher, in that the may be able to perceive more details or pick up on motion faster than we do.
    What you are experiencing while on psychedelics is literally more information is being processed and not being filtered out.
    But everything sees at the same "frame rate" and that is dictated by the speed of the photons reflecting off the object being looked at and that speed is a constant for everything on the planet.

Maybe it looks like your going to hit them and then they fly off at the last second isn't because they "see faster" but because they are fucking stupid and don't realize until the last second that a car is speeding at them. ;)

(just for the record, I have seen birds get hit by cars before, on the ground and in flight.)

20. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

^^made sense to me. i guess when you nitpick the details though....
    maybe birds process their visual information at a higher "frame rate?"

watch a squirrel or an ant moving. they look like a strobe light is behind them. they are here..and then SUDDENLY over there! when the squirrel twitches its tail..it's here THEN INSTANTLY there. when an ant walks, it doesn't look like a smooth motion to my eye. makes sense that we are somehow missing those frames, or whatever you wanna call it.

dude, you can eat pigeons! ;)

sorry OP, i've never tripped on mescaline, so i got nothin...