Peyote please read!!!

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by richm534, Oct 11, 2006.

1. richm534

richm534 Member

I know very little about peyote and am trying to understand how it works. Been doing research online and am still very confused.

First of all if i wanted to get a good trip (meaning not just a body high i want strong visulas) from peyote how much would i need to eat and what do i eat.

Heard to eat buttons what is a button, how many buttons are on a peyote cactus, how many do i need to eat, dose fresh or dry matter, and how old dose the cactus need to be to get a strong trip?

Please help all replies are Greatly Appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. bamboo

bamboo Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Peyote is an endangered species that is rapidly being eaten to extinction by day tripping white men and the demands of the Native American Church. The US government won't allow the plant to be legally grown and in the wild it grows VERY, VERY slowly. Spare the peyote and check on san pedro or a related species. These cactii have the same general chemistry, grow quickly and are readily available...just my 2 cents worth.

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

agreed peyote should be saved stricty for cerimonial use

4. bigman

bigman Member

Peyote Is Not A Recreational Drug Go Do Lsd Or Shrooms

5. soaringeagle

also if you dont know whatyour doing, how to cleamnthe buttons,it can make youvery sick

if your really dead set ontrying it, u should study upon peyote cerimonial use..then lookinto finding a way to take part in 1
    generaly in a peyote sweat they use a tea, which is a more mellow meditative high, instead of a veryvisual high.. but its also eatten for other purposes...

it should be treatted withthe greatest respect..as a religios sacrement...not a drug

6. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Indians don't own a special right to peyote-

IT DIDN'T BECOME A SACRAMENT UNTILL AFTER THE GHOST DANCERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can get it- DO IT.

10 buttons. if you seek spiritual guidance.
    ---------------------
    I'ts a crock of shit that indians have special rights to peyote! Ceramonial use my ass!

Religious sacrement my ass!

Mescalito speaks to those with the power to understand- he dosen't descriminate by race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those following the dictum of established athourity can not step into the crack between the worlds.

7. soaringeagle

great advice there..sure..goon & do 10 buttons

are you gonna go clean upthe puke?
    10 buttons can be a massive dosage..have younever seen buttons the size of your fist?
    your not even gonna explain how to clean them so yopur not bent over puking your guts up & in incredible pain?
    &your wrong as well, peyote had always been used, just not as it is today
    when they were trying to put an end to the ghost dance in came the catholic church, but the indian spirit was too strong to just accept this alien philosophy, so peyote cerimony was incorporated intothe church
    so now its use is much greatter then it was before that
    which was very rarely
    today because of overuse its an endangered plant

san pedro has the same effects without having to worry about cleaning the strychtnine fromthe buttons..or without further harming an endangered species (actualy, san pedromaybe near endangered as well, so look into more common varieties)

additionaly its place is in a scerimonial environment just because it is a spiritualy awakining plant..& improper use can create spiritual crisises

& as for how old the plant has tobe, i cant answer that, but the last sweat i did the buttons were well over 100 years old

if you dont know anything about wildcrafting..dont even touch the plant

8. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

"wildcrafting" ?????

Girl scouts!
    Hippie lore is an infection.
    The use of peyote before the Ghost Dance was naught for man, but for shaman alone.
    ------------------------

Mescalito sits at my left and speaks as needed.

You fear puke in the wake of AWARENESS????

If Mescalito is in your purvey, look to his right and see the shadow that is me.

I know him from my own travials- not the efforts or CEREMONY of others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me, His presence is no longer nessacary- I know him by his location.

He stands beside me and rest in my desert. i take his advice with censor; it's a world of man now.

To seek mescalito is to seek Truth- but to fail is to find spiritual false direction.

What is your reward?

Do you find condolences in faith?

Or penence?

Knowledge or ignorance?

What has he given you, Soaringeagle?

9. soaringeagle

thats my point it was left for onlythe most spiritual of purposes
    & suggesting this random whoever on a message board should just leap down that path, withno guidance, no understanding & especialy with no way for you to know they are ready to open those doors is irresponcible

if instead they went to a peyote cerimony, there would be many there whove traveled that path, know how to give guidance & alsotell if theyre even ready to see those vissions

& wildcrafting just makes sence, so you dont have alot of tripping hippies running arounfd ripping everyy peyote plant they see out of thre ground
    instead you take only 1 or 2 buttons from each plant, leaving the largest of every groupof say 15 untouchedd as a mother plant so you havea minimal impact on the species..plus you can always count on there being more where you found those

same as tapping a shroom cap to drop the spores before u pick it whichi doubt many of these kids do

10. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Soaringegale,

I meant no offense - just provocation! (how else might the un-knowing learn to know without the debate of those niave enough to think they glimpse an answer?!?!)

My understanding requires a smash through the wall of perception- not a gentle ride.

Mescalito teaches The Way.

Guidence is reduced to mediation- and, I'm afraid, I'm a bit of a mystic.

Mystism(sp?) is an individual experince that can not be shared- and so is mescalito.

I find emptiness in a Miote(sp?).

Mescalito speaks to me as a man or a mote, but never as a member.

11. soaringeagle

i meant no disrespect either..& in truth i agree with you in many ways, but at the same time i see far too much of ..wellkids messing withthings theyre just not ready to understand..& treatting them with far less then the resopect they desserve

it was yourr yea sure just doit comment that set me off, because in other threads ive seen the same statements about far more deadly substances
    ithink we're both trying to educate & enlighten,
    i think i'm just comming frommore the perspective of someone who sees alot of abuse not use going on here
    attempts to blow the mind not blow it open...
    & as you said earlier ithink it can give great spiriual insight, or can lead you down a dark path of blindness

without knowing the intention of the poster i'm very hesitant to suggest its use
    thats why i suggest the cerimonial use only because then you know theyre going out of theyre way to use it properly

12. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

I ride the wave of Chaos, and deal with kids day to day-

And, if I may brag for a moment, I've a state-senatorial page (presidential material I'll have you know!), a budding film maker/actrees, a jew who renounced the kosher nonsense, a baptist priest, a missioniare pilot (last in africaa), a CEO of a fourtune 500 company, two college professors, and many regulars-

Two going to school in the fall and a band that you may yet hear of!

- to my credit.

I gave them all a glimpse of The Way.

And they ALL grabed thier world by the balls! - AFTER!

I believe the slow and controled introduction to reality is the soft and hidden route.

To know thyself is the key.

Ritual is a crutch that never allows one to stand up and see for one's self.

13. bamboo

No my brother...I am NOT saying the Indians have a special right to peyote. I am saying that the curch is, unfortunately helping to drive this special plant into extinction.

14. soaringeagle

once again i agree & disagree
    the peyote ritual at least teaches us respect.. a reverence for peyote
    otherwize what do we got? a bunch of people munching buttons like candy like its just something to do when theyre bored

should people eat peyote just cause theres nothing good on tv?

at least taking part in a peyote sweat as your 1st experience teaches you to treat it as a sacrement instead of a passtime

15. mr.mescalito

mr.mescalito Member

get some peruvian torch... all those cactis have the same active chemical , mescaline.
    Wether you get it from peyote, san pedro, or peruvian torch... it's the same trip...

peruvian torch is just the most accessible (with san pedro) although the most potent after peyote... some batches of t.peruvianus cacti have actually been tested to be as potent as a mild batch of peyote.

I've done t.peruvianus twice and out of a long list, Mescaline is my favorite entheogen to date.

16. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

"should people eat peyote just cause theres nothing good on tv?"

YES!!!

Who needs it more?

17. polymer

polymer Senior Member

i'm with bamboo and soaringeagle on this one.

spare the peyote, and seek trichocereus

18. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

It's all rather esotric, isn't it?

Peyote can not be had.

Do mesc, or psil, if the chance comes along - whatever the source!

19. polymer

polymer Senior Member

it's more about conservation.
    foraging for peyote in search of kicks disguised as "spiritual enlightenment" is frowned upon by psychonauts ans shamen alike. peyote is scarce, and must be treated as such, since it takess forever to mature

20. bamboo

for what ever its worth, san pedro is easy to obtain and easy to grow. better yet it can grow nearly a foot a year...the same amount that a peyote would grow in about 30 years. And it is legal to grow.