Peter Fonda dies at age 79.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by MeAgain, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So Henry Fonda, saw this guys murder at 12, affected him greatly, would have thought about it regularly, went on to make a bunch of money making movies, still would have thought about this guys murder from time to time

But it never registered to find out where he was buried, go visit, arrange a nice headstone maybe even try get a high school named after him

That all kind of add up to you?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This somehow has something to do with Peter Fonda's death?

Or did you just forget what the thread was about?

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I heard it was Trump.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, Im sure Henry would have told his son the story, its in his memoirs, which means Peter didnt check where he was buried either.

I think, if I had seen that at 12, I would have gone to visit the guys grave 20/30/40 years later. Just saying

So maybe it does hint at the sincerity of a whole bunch of people for those 90 years

5. Either that or those people just realized that the guy is dead and isn't somewhere underground clutching his knees going, "Why doesn't anybody ever visit me?" He was on their minds. That's what should count. Not some superficial show of "sincerity."

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Very sad indeed.....

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Trump was, so what?

The bill was sponsored by Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris, Democratic Sen. Cory Booker and Republican Sen. Tim Scott. All blacks. None are fans of Donald Trump. It was passed unanimously in the Senate.
    Trump had nothing to do with it.

8. MeAgain

So you think he should have devoted his life to this by having him reburied and because he didn't he's a terrible human being as he made movies and his experience was shallow and never had anything to do with how he raised his children as he was a just a shallow human being?

9. MeAgain

I was pointing out that Peter Fonda was a counterculture icon and part of that was due to his father raising him to be aware of injustice.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So the Republicans had majority in the Senate, Trump is leader of the Republicans, it was passed unanimously in the senate........buuuut.....Trump had nothing to do with it?

MeAgain likes this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why are you going to such extremes?

Devote his life to this? Wouldnt need to devote his life to paying for a headstone and a few flowers

Yeah, I think if I saw something like this at 12 or 14 and affected me deeply, i would at some stage in my life go visit the grave only to find no markings, no headstone

Yeah, i think maybe, just maybe its in his memoirs because he wanted to sell a few more books and didnt really give a shit about the guy.

Which brings me to everyone else, not like that photo of his burnt corpse isnt a well known photo, the story was all over the newspapers nationwide in 1919. How the hell does no one notice he is in an unmarked grave for 90 years?

Maybe, just maybe, that does point to most libertarians only caring about their own self interest

13. MeAgain

Exactly.

14. MeAgain

I guess you're just a better man than Henry Fonda.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

16. What's that supposed to mean? Why can't you just be nice to me?

17. I guess I'm just the black man who got lynched, and you're the guy who doesn't visit my grave. Hypocrite.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

yall suck at peaceful postings.. 90% confrontational.. try better next time..

19. I'm really trying to be peaceful. I love you guys. Even though some of what you say makes me really exacerbated.

Orison likes this.
  20. deleted

deleted Visitor