Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Moon_Beam, May 12, 2007.

1. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

What are everyone's pet peeves? I have soo many!

- Slow walkers
    - People who are always late
    - Cathphrases I just don't get
    - Parent's who let their children just run and scream everywhere
    - Using the last of the toilet paper and not replacing it
    - People who won't have a converstation just insist they are right
    - Narrowminded people
    - People who follow others like sheep
    - Fashion
    - People who leave their clothes everywhere
    - Take my things without asking
    - Invite various blokes to spend the night, then not tell me and let me find naked men lying around!
    - Rude people
    - And many, many, many more!

I think I will turn out to be an old mean lady who has no one for company except my many cats!!

2. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

What really grinds my gears is clever people saying stupid things.
    Huge meaningless sigs - especially people who post pictures of themselves in them- yeah I appreciate I can turn them off - but there is more good sigs than bad ones - so why should I - anyhoo big sig's in general really grind my gears.

3. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

My biggest pet peeve is people who don't do what they say they're going to do. If you think there is a chance you wont do it, say "maybe" Don't say you will if you don't think you will. Grr. Drives me absolutely nuts.
    Others
    People who stand in the middle of hallways/doorways at school
    Slow walkers
    Rude people
    This is a big one too - People who are constantly on their cellphones when you're trying to hang out with them.

4. Some call me Jim

Some call me Jim Member

hypocrits piss me off. people who breach what they preach; they say that someone can't do this or can't do that, but they do it themselves and normally deny it anyway...ARG

beat them with sticks
    curvy,
    curvy
    sticks...

5. Some call me Jim

Some call me Jim Member

fascism

that stupid generic music that all the chavs listen to
    if your in the UK you'l know what ah mean.

so pish
    its a waste of resources publishing that shit
    nd labelling it "music" is an insult to true musicians: having their art on the same level as that pish is just disgusting

6. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

People walking far too close to me in the street or standing WAY out of my comfort zone in queues, breathing down my neck. Its incredible how much i actually hate that, and ive been known to swing round, bashing the idiot with my shopping basket and giving them a ruddy good talking to:)

7. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Fuckhead thieves.. fuckers nicked my bike. Brand new it was!
    And... people, generally. At the moment. Except you guys :D

8. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

When people (at school) dont tuck their chairs in and to get to the door you have to tuck every chair in that you come across making you late (two lates a detention :mad: )

9. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I have had a bike stolen. It leaves one feeling angry, violated etc. I suppose on the plus side, someone else is helping the environment.

10. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

11. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

When people spell my name wrong cos its "asian" WTF?! its a name 6 letters just like ANYONE else!!!!! Grrr lazy sods...

When people call me gazza, gaz, Grim, G, etc GRRRRRRRRRR luckily thats stopped (mostly) and the only person who does it to me now is this girl no one even likes anymore... So it doesnt mean much to me.

12. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

People always get my last name wrong - drives me barmy!

I also hate ignorant people

13. iamnia

iamnia Member

Let's see...

~People who judge people without getting to know them first.
    ~Slow walkers.
    ~People who insist on texting when your in the middle of a conversation with them.
    ~people who make it so bloody obvious their not interested in something your telling them, tell me and I'll stop talking! Geeez!
    ~People who pretend to not understand the j/ks your saying and make really stupid remarks, dude, it's not coool!Stop it!
    ~Liars and Fakes.

Me thinks I'm done =) Hah...until next time...

14. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

I call this "mais c'est pas sérieux!-ing"...Basically people who act in utter disbelief when you say/do something a little out of the ordinary, or expect to get a loaf of bread on a Sunday or bank holiday. "But its SUNDAY!:eek: " Im probably not explaining myself well. Basically stupid meaingless rules and traditions and people who follow them most strictly and criticise anyone who doesnt...piss me off. More prevalent in France but you do get the odd stuck-in-the-mud (/concrete) around these parts too

15. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

16. Roffa

Roffa Senior Member

People who cycle on the pavement.
    People who sit on a park bench I had my eye on.
    Shop assistants who barge past customers as if they were invisible.
    People who talk during movies.
    People who complain when you talk in a jazz club (it's a jazz club man, not a church).
    People who think whoever's at the end of their mobile phone is more deserving of their attention than someone they're actually with.

17. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

Yes!

I have a friend who will at least once everytime I meet up with her phone her girlfriend and leave me twiddling my thumbs sitting there listening to her! I'm all for being in love but if you are out with someone - I think the constant phone calls can wait!

People who sit next to me on an empty bus/ train.

People who leave all the lights on in the house.

18. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Ooh, that pisses me off SO much.. and old people who try and get you to give up your seat even though there are seats free.. I'm always like "dude/bitch, there are other seats. SIT ON ONE."

19. Scarlet101

Scarlet101 Member

Def one of mine too!! Along with slow walkers, people who are overly jolly and nice in the mornings and people who will blatently patronize you, but then deny it and say that they are being totally sincere-in an even more patronizing voice. Or those people that say, "Yep, i believe you-yeh, i totally believe you" in a voice that makes it obvious they really don't believe you!! Grrr.....

20. ripple

ripple Member

People who spit on the pavement, big green and cream coloured disgusting messes!!! Manky bastards. I dont know what is wrong with them. I never feel the need to spit unless I swallow a fly while cycling, if I had to discharge any boooger Id use the road.

People who walk 4 abreast down busy pavements really slow.
    Cyclists who cycle 4 abreast down country roads.

I'm the same and cant stand people who stand too close to me in the queue at the supermarket. Im sure one time some man wanted to touch my bum, he was sooo close theres no way he can't of realised it was completely unacceptable.