Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by broony, May 4, 2007.

1. broony

broony Banned

Im new to this forum and dont know if or how many times this has been posted. haha

Now i know everyone has something they cant stand or get very irritated from. This is life and somethings are annoying. Whats a one of your pet peeves? I know i have a few. -.-

1) The word like, i just cant stand it when used in daily conversation. In my philosophy class this girl in front of me is a perfect example. "like its something having to do with, like moses like a higer power with like great knowledge." Ahhhh its all around us.

2) People who judge marijuana when they havent ever smoked.

3) Racism.

4) People who drive in the left hand lane on the freeway doing 50 mph.

5) Knowing that i ow someone money.

6) The government.

7) Nothing against astrology due to that fact that i fit the scorpio profile very well. Im suprised, iv met a few girls who stopped conversation when they ask what my sign is. Ahhh very pathetic.

8) Country music.

9) People trying to start conversation in math class.

10) Generations older than you arguing over something from your generation that they cant posibly know anything about. lol

11) People who judge after one sentence spoke.

^_^

2. You know what? I get number 7 on here all the time.

I'm like heavily into Astrology & I'm just a mind fuck like?

Hey you know what my pet peeve is? Assholes who catalog styles, Like I'm suppose to be some cock smelling uncorrected vegan shit just because I'm pagan & my beliefs doesn't fit the norm.

This can go both ways since I have many hippies dislike me because I look & corporate in manners like corporate drones.

3. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Ugh... I would HATE it when people would try to start conversations with me in math class! I'm not the best at math so I need to pay attention in class and some people just don't get the hint.

4. I completely agree with 1-6 and o yes 11 is a bad one

you pretty much have mine down
    a few more might be
    people who want to argue and will do almost anything to get one going.. meh life is too short to wanna prove yourself queen o righteousness... lol or king ;)

5. broony

broony Banned

I very much agree.

6. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

When people mispronounce words. (Supposably, nuke-yoo-ler, etc...) If you have a speech impediment, I understand, but otherwise,:$!!! For god's sake, LOOK at how the word is spelled. Is there a 'b' in Supposedly?!? Drives me crazy.

7. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

All of broony's, illumcoalitional's ESPECIALLY and animal cruelty. That includes perpetuating hereditary defects by overbreeding "pure" bred dogs.

8. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

people who leave the cap off the toothpaste, or leave the water running while brushing.

my kids always leave their bedroom light on and that drives me crazy.

waiting. transition. i wish i could just step over a line and have my life be changed. i don't like the long awkward transformational period - granted, that's most of life. but transition is terribly rough for me. right now i'm struggling with the idea of just want closure is, is it real, and is it necessary. i'm feeling the strong desire to move on again but am not sure what it is i'm moving to yet.

9. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

1) Arrogant people.
    2) Overly ignorant people.
    3) Loud people in movie theaters.
    4) Anything contemporary.

10. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

1) People who are overly gossipy and judgemental
    2) guys who don't open the door for me
    3) People who don't turn in their work or turn it in so late that I end up getting in trouble for it
    4) feeling paper when my hands are dry
    5) people who are mean drivers
    and my biggest one:
    6) People who mistake kindness for weakness. I get this a lot. I am a very kind person and very mild mannered, but if you percive that as me standing for not being treated well you have another thing coming. I have unintentionaly messed people up pretty bad inside when they've done this to me, not on purpose, but unconciously. I hate that I was capable of that and stayed with people just to get back at them. Since I stopped the negativity though I've met some wonder ful people, one person imparticular who I don't think is capable of hurting me and vice-versa. It's awesome being able to bother him as much as I want and not having to play games to keep him interested. I've never had anything like this so I am super appreciative! :D

11. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

ohhh and moca's and moma's that display blank canvases as art. Art is not being to lazy too paint.

12. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

*When people end a sentence with a preposition. For example when people say "where's it at?" YOU DONT END A SENTANCE WITH AT! Is it so hard to say "Where's the show?" It drives me crazy.

*When my cat stands in front of the computer screen to I can't see what I'm typing.

*When someone starts a sentence and doesn't finish it, or when they take forever to finish a thought.

*People who leave their dishes on the table after their done eating. It takes 5 seconds to walk over and put the dishes in the sink. SO DO IT.

*When people pretend to know a lot about something, but they really know nothing about it. Why not just be yourself?

13. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I totally agree with this one Zoomie. I caught a few minutes of this show the other week called "The World's Ugliest Dog Competition" (or something like that) and it was truly sickening what some of these dogs have been bred into--barely functioning creatures at the expense of just being 'cute and small' (and needy) enough for their owners.

14. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

I've been involved in several raids on puppy mills. It's not pretty. We had to euthanize a beautiful Collie dam because she was so abused. The breeder's had inbred her lines so many times she had chronic eye infections. So they just popped out her eyes, sewed them shut and kept on breeding her.

A German Shepherd Dam was also destroyed that day. She had been kept in a rabbit hutch. A SHEPHERD IN A FUCKING RABBIT HUTCH! It was ok though, she had hip dysplasia so bad she couldn't get up anyway, all she could do was lie there and nurse her litters.

Disgusting? Yup. Shocking? Good. Get involved. I contribute to the human race 10 hours a day EVERY day. After that, fuck em, I care about the animals.