Pet Food Recall soon to affect human food?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Lady Neko, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

I heard some things that this may start affecting human food. hubby and i are buying more organic. i do not know if that will help but i sorta feel better. anyone else?

2. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

As of today, there is no evidence that the gluten imported from China currently thought to be causing the pet illnesses and deaths has made its way into the human food chain.

That being said, choosing organic and locally grown minimizes your chances of running into something like this. Also, obviously, choosing whole foods is generally safer than choosing something processed.

3. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

went shopping today...all organic...pets are eating organic...i feel better ^_^

4. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Just make sure you really read the organic labels because most of it isn't organic. The stores just put the organic sticker on the product so they can raise the price.

That's why I'm planting a garden this year.

5. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

thats not true tree hugger its illligal for them to do that also where i live organic is about the same price as non organic and you can taste the difference

6. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i've been checking labels and such. i only shop at our stores "Greenlife" & "Earthfare" when I go home to visit I go to "Wholefoods." You are lucky, Tree Hugger that you can plant a garden. I live in an apartment and there is not a whole lot of room to plan. we may try some redpeppers first if we can find a spot.