Permit or No Permit-A Poll

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by hippiestead, Dec 13, 2006.

1. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Well, I was glancing around Rainbow Cyberland today & noticed that the Florida Council page had a note saying there would be "A meeting of an as-yet formed group without long-standing opposition to signing permits will convene shortly after vision council. "

So....how many folks are there that don't have a long-standing opposition to signing permits? Let's put it to a good ole HipForums poll vote.

2. wootier

wootier Member

f...u...c...k permits...theres a million reasons

3. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Yup, :applause:

4. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

No way, one by one our rights are being plucked away...

5. barter mama

barter mama Member

A permit does not a gathering make. I really don't care if there's a permit or not, but having them sign the permit definitely seems fishy.

6. nutznfl

nutznfl Member

What!! We have rights ?? :hysterica

7. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

Where is the "who cares.... a few rainbow big whigs will do what they want anyways, and not care what the majority of people want" option?

8. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

the permit forms are mostly fill-in-the-blank , permit conditions are negotiatiable . since the annual florida family gathering has made a relationship with the ocala national forest 'traditional' , it would seem their negotiation with the FS has likewise evolved .

10. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

I would edit the poll to include your option but couldn't find a way to edit the poll

of course it would help a lot if the majority would stand up in unity...

11. GypsiJoJo

GypsiJoJo Member

The one about the paper work was funny..

We have not ever signed a permit, there really is need to, its our right. If we sign it, we're pretty much signing away the gathering to their control, signing away our freedom. People go to the gathering to get away from authority, away from the guns, the hatred.... Who knows what a simple "signing of the permit" could do to our gatherings in the future..

12. GypsiJoJo

GypsiJoJo Member

The one about the paper work was funny..

We have not ever signed a permit, there really is no need to, its our right. If we sign it, we're pretty much signing away the gathering to their control, signing away our freedom. People go to the gathering to get away from authority, away from the guns, the hatred.... Who knows what a simple "signing of the permit" could do to our gatherings in the future..

13. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

:) I figured the paperwork option was a good prankster vote...we used to joke at the kitchen that if any of us got a ticket we'd say 'Thank you sir, may I have another.'

Sis, go look at the legal pages on Welcome Home, permits have been signed before..sad but true

14. peaceful

peaceful Member

I like this poll. There could be more options, but i think it will show that no-one is pro-permit, but that some people are more against it than others. Some people can't understand this simple idea.

15. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

when the land use is uncontested by commercial interests there ain't a problem . sometimes spirit leads us into conflict , and always we win . however , we don't need to institutionalize ranbO as the chronic heroic adversary and rather just be open to spirit and be up for anything . so why it don't matter if some anybody signs a permit ... because all in peace .

16. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

We have the right to peacefully gather according to our "constitution," so fuck signing any permit!

17. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

that is exactly 100% right.... ha ha....

18. evidread

evidread Member

sign away your rights? i have nothing to say!

19. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

Individual Permits...if the FS wants paperwork let's help 'em out, everyone ask for a permit for themselves as individuals

a mountain of signed permits is just more trees the forresst service protected from our despicable environmental impact[​IMG]

20. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

I think that if a middle ground is not found soon, then gatherings are nearing extinction. The road block incident last year will stay in the minds of the officers, officials and FS personel for a long, long time.
    Is signing the permit the first steo toward finding that middle ground? Probably not. However, nobody has ever been able to explain what exactly they would be signing away. What are the top concerns that signing a permit would bring to your mind?