Permaculture campgrounds for creative types

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by DannyD, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

I've been posting cool stuff on the campexist forum at muut.com/campexist

It's not as cool as hip forums and never will be but it's focused on green tech invention, permaculture, and tribal nomadic lifestyles. It fills my heart with joy every time a new member joins!

Also, since I found out what facebook was doing and quit, I figured the project needed a social media outlet so I set up a twitter account. If you want to follow the project, I'll be posting updates at: https://twitter.com/apocaloptimisto

CampExist Status as of 8/4/14:
    We have an acre or two to work with between Camp Verde, AZ, and Cottonwood, AZ.

There is water and septic and we will have electric soon.

There is room for a camper/apprentice/partner or two. Post up on the forum to apply.

I have the workshop set up and will be starting on the camper trike build as soon as I'm feeling a little better. Setting up the shop worked my neck.

The mesquite trees are about ready to harvest and the peach tree is about to fall over it's so full.

The plan over the next few months is to primarily work on the trike, and in between trike sessions, we'll be putting in some water catchment systems/irrigation, a solar heated hot tub, and some gardens.

Let's prove to the world that a fun, money free, sustainable life is possible! I'll do it alone but it will take a while and part of the point of the project is to prove that open source collaboration works! Don't leave me hangin folks! I know there's someone out there that's ready to check out of the corrupt consumer system and make a new, free life for themselves. Where are you? :)

2. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Here's my last update on the forum.

My neck is too jacked up to pull any of this off alone. I'm good for an hour or two a day and just existing eats that up. When I find someone else that believes in these ideas and wants to help, I'll be ready to get rolling on the project. Until then, I'll be here full of ideas and supplies, trying to survive but essentially just waiting to die. So sick of being in pain and alone… To top it off, someone right near where I'm camping, and have set up the shop, is doing something that puts off a horrible chemical smell all night. It's really bothering me but unless I leave on foot, I'm stuck here… This all just sucks…

In further news, I lost the domain name to campexist.org today due to lack of support/funding.

So, if there's anyone out there that wants to build a solar/pedal powered camper trike, you can camp here, I'll help you build yours and you can help me build mine. Anyone in AZ with a place I could camp? Anyone?

[​IMG]

3. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Sorry about that ^

I'm letting my physical issues get to me.

Took a few aspirin and tramadol and damn it I'm going out there to finish setting up the shop and get some pics of the parts!

4. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

horrible chemical smell at night? Are you camp next to a meth lab?

5. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

horrible chemical smell at night? Are you camp next to a meth lab?

6. DannyD

DannyD Member

I'd appreciate it if the mods could axe this thread. Trying to start a permaculture based community was a pipe dream and imagining people reading this thead and getting their hopes up is a bit sad.

7. Ash032

Ash032 Members

Was it a pipe dream because it didn't work for you or because you discovered a reason it can't work at all? I'll go check out your forum archives to see if i can figure it out but I'd love to hear more about the details so I can learn from them. I think you were going a few steps farther than we want to go. I want regular internet access so I can work to earn some money; we just want to reduce our expenses and live in a sustainable way.

8. AstralBear

AstralBear Feed the Bear

If I was capable of hating, I would hate you for wanting to eat bears.

9. DannyD

DannyD Member

After years of experience, research, reaching out for collaborators, and dealing with constant disappointment, I've come to the conclusion that humanity has become too far devolved, due to civilization, to cooperate and live simply, ethically, and truly sustainably. I also believe that a huge percentage of humans have inherent psychopathic tendencies that aren't going away no matter what they experience. I've taken the morals and ethics that societies teach way too seriously for 99% of my life. When one realizes that something as simple as eating bananas supports slavery systems and environmental destruction, and that although people like to talk about fixing things, no one really cares when it comes down to actually making lifestyle changes to make things better, the only choice one can make if they want to stay sane is to give up caring. I used to think that humans were decent creatures that were just a bit lost, so I gave everyone respect until they did something that ruined it. Literally everyone I've ever encountered has displayed shitty, selfish, and willfully igonorant, behaviors, usually repeatedly and despite their claimed interests in peace and sustainability, so now, it's the other way around. From now on, by default, I see humans as predators that I have no choice but to put up with so from here on out, I'll have to deal with people cautiously and mercilessly if there's no other option. I've over being maniulated and taken advantage of, whether it's by governments or crazy bitches that want to distract me from my projects and manipulate me into building them picture frames. lol

BTW, you can't use money to live in a sustainable way due to the inherently evil and destructive nature of money but I'm over explaining it to people. I used money for the first time in a year the other day. I bought some spices, and bananas. ;) Paid a little over $3 in taxes which will likely end up buying a few bullets that will get used to kill brown kids in the name of "progress", or in other words, luxury for a few at the cost of mass suffering and environmental destruction. Oh well. Fuck it! Live it up! Do what you want! Humanity will take care of itself. Probably sooner rather than later.