perlite experiment, will it work?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by Naturalhi, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

I'm flowering with foxfarm soil and nutes, here's the kicker; as an experiment I put about 2-3inches of perlite in the bottom of 4' kiddy pool then filled the rest with fox farm and flowering plants. So far the water stays in the soil not in the perlite which is what is supposed to happen as per the experiment! what do you think will happen?[​IMG]

Now Rangerdanger you already answered on the other site, but I always enjoy your input![​IMG]

Silvine, I'm almost afraid to get you started in another forum, but if you have any constructive views, you have as long as you leave your ego at the door[​IMG]

Also not in the other posts, there 21 ladies standing tall and taking names in the pool, except for one which looks like she didn't like being transplanted.

2. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Its probably a good safe guard against over watering as excess water will drain through the pearlite and not leave the roots stood in water. As mentioned I always have 2 or 3 inches of perlite at the bottom of all my pots and it seems to work just fine.
    Have you seen this site :-
    http://www.onlinepot.org/tableofcontents.htm
    It covers every thing including overgrows strain guide.