Perfect "Psychedelic"

Discussion in 'DMT' started by branflakes, Jan 15, 2007.

1. branflakes

branflakes Member

Is it just me or does this drug seem like the perfect drug for a psychonaut? 25-30 minute experience, intense, mind-blowing, little chance of bad trip.. opinions on dimethyltryptamine?

2. polymer

polymer Senior Member

yezzir.
    I believe the term psychonaut fits the bill perfectly; mind-blowing was another term used to describe consciousness hyperspace, aka 'the DMT flash'

3. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

The intensity of smoking it is way too much for most people, psychonauts included.

4. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

It really isn't. I've seen many non-psychonaouts smoke and do just fine.

5. Hemisphere

Hemisphere Member

Yea. Bad trips can happen on DMT, but they appear to be far less common than bad trips from other psychedelics, like acid or salvia.

That said however, most people who try DMT have already travelled some way down the road of psychedelics, and you have to go out of your way to get it more than with other drugs (at least where I come from, I find acid for sale at raves all the time, and know a couple of dealers personally, but I only know of one source for DMT - friend of a friend - unless I want to make it myself)

6. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Then they didn't take enough.

Didn't mean a bad trip, some find it more overwhelming then other psychedlics.

7. INSANEPOOKIE

INSANEPOOKIE Prancing Dragon

Oh man! That cracks me up. Just the thought of something this 'safe' yet powerful and overwhelming is exciting.

8. TokeTrip

TokeTrip Senior Member

For me, the complete and utter loss of reality, and allowing the drug to flow, not force your mind allows for few bad trips.

9. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

Can you trip again after your 30 min. trip is done if you smoke more DMT?

10. uplink

uplink Member

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I think the more intense the psychedelic the higher the chance for a bad trip, and DMT is definitely one of the most intense psychedelics.

The good news however, is if you have a bad trip on DMT you only have to hang on for 5-30 minutes (although in DMT-space time doesn't exsist), where most psychedelics last for hours...

11. altrmind

altrmind Member

DMT Tolerance Study

The last DMT study is an attempt to develop tolerance to repeated administrations of DMT at one sitting. All other psychedelics, in man, have demonstrated tolerance to repeated administration. Thus, LSD at the same dose every day for three days, prevents that originally active dose from having any effect on the fourth consecutive day. Several days drug-free are necessary to return to the previous level of sensitivity. DMT, administered twice a day (10 a.m. and 3 p.m.) for five days, in the only published human study that attempted to develop tolerance, demonstrated no tolerance. Animal studies have also given inconsistent results, with one study giving it every 2 hours for 21 days and finding only limited tolerance! Some animal studies have even suggested that sensitivity is increased depending on the timing and dose schedule. Finally, humans tolerant to LSD are not tolerant to DMT. Reports "from the field" are also not consistent. If any of you reading this have experience with repeated administration of DMT, I would be most interested in hearing about them.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_research2.shtml