People who diss Christianity really piss me off...

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by BudToker, May 3, 2007.

1. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

I hate people who know NOTHING about the religion and just say they hate all of Christianity because of what the nutjobs in main-stream Christianity do. There are a lot of the anti-christian people on these forums...please don't talk about a religion (or any subject) if you have NO IDEA about the subject other than what you have seen on the news. After you have done research it is ok to talk, as long as you know what you're talking about.

2. mandell

mandell Banned

And, you know what you're talking about???

3. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

BudToker, while I agree that it is ignorant of people to discuss that which they have no real understanding of, this IS a free speech forum, and people are going to say what they want to say regardless of the sensitivity of others. We can not stop this from happening, so why not do them a favor and shed some light on the ignorace as you see fit? :)
    Love you man, your friend John :D

4. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

In certain subjects, yes. When I don't know what i'm tlaking about i ask questions or simply don't talk about the subject until I learn more.

Well I am also intitled to post my oppinion, and so I did. I guess the real reason I posted this is so these people will do research and shed some light for themselves before they post. I find that until you do research on your own you will always have doubts and never come to your own conclusions. I mean we can lead them in the right direction, but if they never decide to delve deeper into the subject and do their own research they will never really know what's going on.

Love ya too!

5. mandell

mandell Banned

ooooooh, am I seeing a reflection of your basic Christian values of loving your neighbor and all that stuff... : )

I see hate is an ingrained value taught in Christianity? yes? or no? : )

6. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

I find it funny that people assume I am Christian just because I talk about Christianity. I am Agnostic. However, I do defend things that I feel are worth defending, and everyone can benifit if they understood more about Christianity. When I say Christianity I mean REAL Christianity, the origional and basic teachings of the religion, not what the mainstream Christians teach.

I am in no way saying everyone on these forums know nothing about Christianity when they talk about it, I am just saying it pisses me off when people who know nothing about the religion speak ill about it. There are definetly some of those people on these forums.

7. Krsna Bhakti

I think its more fun this way Bud Toker, that others dont automatically know that you are not Christian, see them post and judge you for your judement, when they are judging and putting down your opinion, completely proving the point that you brought up in this thread, only over something else! lol FedUp even claimed that made a mindless assumption, when in reality, he was making just as big of an assumption about you.
    Its crazy how backwards and hypocrtitcal we ALL are, me included obviously. And Fed Up dont take that the wrong way, I agree with you on your views of xtians, but you must admit, judging a person simply because they say something that 'pisses you off' is just as lame as what you thought the OP was suggesting :)

8. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Haha, it is rather fun.

9. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

lol If you read any of my posts in the Christianity section I have already said my points of view. Why are you taking this as a personal matter? Did I say "FedUpAmerican knows nothing about Christianity but chooses to bitch about it anyway"? No I didn't. Also, I can vent if I feel like it. If you have a sepcific question you want to ask me about Christianity I will do my best to answer it, otherwise you can go elsewhere.

10. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

I think that the most important and telling two words in this thread are the first two words in BudToker's first post.

That pretty much says all I need to know.

11. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

haha, until you have read all the posts you don't know about my views or the arguement. It is actually close-minded of you to base something on two words. Granted I may have used harsher words than I meant to have used. What I mean to say is, it really pisses me off when ignorant people talk bad about a subject that they know nothing about. In specific, people bashing on Christianity for no other reason than "it sucks" or "it's bad".

12. misplacedmindhippie

misplacedmindhippie Member

A belief is a belief, no 1 should talk shyt bout it, religion should totally stay out of everthing, bc if u say somthing about some 1's belief u just might get shot lol. But leave religion out of everything andno 1 wil have a problem

13. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Religion doesn’t stay out of anything, religion KILLS MILLIONS!

Religion thrives on ignorance and selfishness.

Religion has adversely affected the quality of all of our lives!

Religion is destroying this planet.

I’ve been to church, I’ve lived with religion. Religious people are the most arrogant, ignorant, and have the most addicted personality disorders I have ever seen. Religion is oppressive and sexually retarded. Religion is living in denial. 100 years ago there were no Atheists or even agnostics because the religious community would have killed them all like witches.

14. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

SOME religions do. I doubt you're well-versed on every belief system on the planet.

Many are exactly the opposite. Research them all, then make sweeping generalisations.

Every life on the planet affected negatively by religion?

No, people are. Whatever ideology they may preach, it's their hands at work - not a religion.

All religious people in the world are arrogant, ignorant, and addicted?
    All of them?
    Religion is sexually retarded? All of them, even though there are plenty of religions which are A-OK with any kind of sexual encounter you want?
    And one hundred years ago, I hate to say, there were atheists and agnostics. Lots of 'em.

15. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

You'd only waste your time trying to communicate with some of the morons who lurk around here, both fundies and antis.

16. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

No. All I know is that you hate. You freely admit that you hate. Hate is not acceptable. Hate is not a value that free people should practice. Go ahead and hate all you want, it's your life. Hate is a big issue for Christian Fundamentalists because they openly hate anything and anyone that is counter to their Christian ideal. Hate is wrong and counter to the teachings of Christ. That much of Christianity I still practice.

I'm not Christian. I was raised a very devout Christian and I understand Christianity better than a lot of people. But I am no longer a Christian because I do not support what Christianity has done to innocent people over the last 2000 years. And I occasionaly poke fun at Christians, and regularly poke holes in their logic using their own biblical text. So apparently I am the exception to your "rule". And I bet I'm not the only one.

BudToker this is the second thread I've been in where you proclaim to know more than anyone else ona given subject. What's your deal, man? What chip is on your shoulder that makes you such a small-minded, arrogant, nasty person? I want to know because I care.

17. Krsna Bhakti

Do I feel an intervention a brewin? :tongue:

18. mandell

mandell Banned

BudToker, I'm surprised at the level of hate you show towards non-Christians and those who are less "learned" about Christianity than you are.

Would Jesus share the same hostility that you profess for non-Christians and to those who don't know too much about religion?

Jesus by the way, preferred the company of ordinary, common folk, including sinners, instead of the "learned" Pharisees of his time.

If you will honestly reflect upon this matter, I think, you will find that it is actually you who know nothing about Christianity and what it's all about.

Peace.

"YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF"

In response to the question about the first of the commandments, Jesus says: "The first is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one; and you shall love the Lord lord God with all heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

The apostle St. Paul reminds us of this: "He who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. The commandments, 'You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,' and any other commandment, are summed up in this sentence, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'

Love does no wrong to a neighbor; ; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."
    [size=-1]Jesus [/size][size=-1]said to his disciples: "Love one another even as I have loved you."[/size]

19. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

ANY religion can be good or bad, it depends on the person. Its not the religion that kills, its all of us. The basics of christianity(atleast the way i see it) is obey the 10 commandments, love thy neighbor as yourself, tell others that God LOVES YOU, and just be a shining light in the dark world we live in. What bad can come from that? No text written by man is perfect, and person is perfect, if we all lived our lives looking at the negatives in religion and people, then the world would be a very bad place to live in. EVERYTHING has some flaws, be optimistic about the what the bible has to say, and you might come out a better person.

Jesus was the pefect example for us humans, WWJD?

20. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

And if you READ my statements instead of going off on random rants without knowing the arguement you would see that I retracted my statement of "hate" and replaced it with dislike/being pissed off or angry. In all honesty you really shouldn't comment about my, or anyone's posts, till you have READ them. It just continues to show your close-mindedness.

I never said I know EVERYTHING about the subject or more than anyone else. Please find a quote from me that says that. For real, you need to get your facts straight before talking. I am actualyl very open-minded. What make you ASSUME I'm not just because I make a thread to blow off some steam?