People who brag about how hard they work

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Mothman, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

I seem to know an abundance of people that are capable of very little discussion outside of the topic of how hard they work. It gets old listening to these dudes talk about how they cut the grass everyday after working 12 hours at a manual labor job that leaves their hands knotted up, stiff and sore from a hard days work.

It's a good thing that men provide for their families and the kids they made but what the fuck is so god damn noble about breaking you ass for it? I mean if you could make the same exact income by selling dildos or salt and pepper shakers on ebay then why is that so bad? The kind of guy I'm talking about feels that your worth as a man is determined by how bad your back hurts when you get home at night and how early you get up to do it again.

These dudes talk like they will get some sort of trophy in the afterlife for spending the entirety of their lives doing manual labor. Some of them are truck drivers, some of them are landscapers and I think it's great that they are making money but what the fuck is with this attitude that you are somehow better than me because I own a pest company and make as much as you do in half the time and with much less physical exertion.

It's not my fault that pest control is rarely physically demanding. I am out in the July sun in the south too but somehow I can't be in the club of motherfuckers who luz to workz hardz. Every one of these tool bags has relationship issues because their spouses are always alone raising the kids and even when these dickheads are home they are too busy cutting grass to give their wives the time of day. Shit makes me sick to see it.

While they are tinkering on the car that isn't broken in their downtime, their wives are wondering if they should leave them or stay because they are good providers but suck at everything else. Another thing I've noticed is that most of the guys I know that act like this are huge beer drinkers, I mean can't do a fucking thing without a beer within reach from sun up to sundown.

Can't cut the grass without a beer, can't wash the car without a beer, can't go to work on the damn clock without drinking all damn day. It's almost like they make dudes like this in a factory because they all have the same identical tendencies. How the hell does that happen and why am I surrounded by people like this?

I want to vomit when they give me a sideways grin and tell me war stories about how they injured themselves at work but just kept on working anyway til way after dark. Really dude? Cuz I put in 8 hours and made time to take my woman out to dinner and play with my kids. I let the grass ride cuz I'll fucking get it tomorrow. I took my trash down to the curb and didn't feel the need to brag about it to the world.

I don't want to be part of your fucking club, I think you break your ass cuz you can't do anything else, I think you avoid your wife because you have no clue what to do with her when you're not fucking her. I think your kids will grow up to respect your work ethic but will be sad that they didn't get more time with you and you are not the great wise warrior you think you are.

I apologize for that lengthy negative rant but I had to vomit that shit out, I feel better now thanks:2thumbsup:

2. wobs

wobs Senior Member

the best way is to make lots of money without the physical work

3. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

I don't let the bragging slow me down from my rigorous workday.

4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

we cant all be pest control magnates......some of us gotta slug the boxes

5. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

and vice versa I'm sure.

6. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

Ok

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i fucking hate that retarded pest control show with that redneck looking punk wannabe

8. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

Billy the Exterminator? Yeah he seems somehow made for reality tv. All the spikes, crazy hats and raccoon battling is dumb. Just set a trap with some sardines and walk away.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

thats the idiot yes