People who bitch about millennials

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Yep. This is true where i live too.

2. Willowmoon

Willowmoon Members

I'm a GenXer, and I don't like it when people shit on millennials. I remember the older folks bitching about my generation, and how they looked like sell-outs to me, so why would I turn around and act that way to younger folks now?

The new generation is more diverse and more liberal than before. They have dealt with an almost pure capitalist system and have seen how it fucks them over, and they are working to correct it - which is work us older folks should have done a long time ago. The kids are gonna be alright.

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

these 2 posts make much better idiot detectors......never heard of ''peckerwood'' before....internet tells me it is a derogatory term for poor white people.....lol.....you are some charmer arent you?

4. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Better double check your info noob. Irmunsul isn’t an old man. Must be hell being such a bitter person.

MochaMood and Irminsul like this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

yeah thats why i didn't bother after that lol.

Orison and RetiredHippie like this.
  6. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Poor Me post of the year.

7. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

It was great growing up in the Cleaver household wasn’t it? Let’s see, how idyllic was it living in Upper Michigan? My dad worked his normal job and then worked a second job after work building houses with a couple other guys. On the weekends him and I would head out to the woods to cut pulpwood to be shipped by train to Ft Howard Paper Company in Green Bay to be made into toilet paper. If we weren’t cutting wood we were cutting brush to be made into Christmas wreaths. Brush cane in handy when my wife and I went back to college in the early 80’s, at $90 a ton we could make a couple hundred in a day. Many times when I was a kid what was on the dinner table was running around in the woods earlier in the day. Yup we had it easy.

Spectacles likes this.
  8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If that's all you get from my post you are my point. Like you would rather hate me than address the real issues. I'm not asking for anything. I am just speaking of issues like the wage and college tuition which affect my generation's abilty to enter the work force and be middle class.

You clearly don't understand these issues and would rather say we are lazy I guess.

I figure someone with your screen name would have an idea of what's it like for young people to be judged. We don't solve anything dividing ourselves over when our parents fucked. We are all human and dealing with the same issues. If you think you are better than me you lost your "hippie" nature in your retirement.

MochaMood and Driftrue like this.
  9. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Let see you spent a whole post whining about how bad you got it and how bad my generation is.

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

He didn't though. I just reread the post, and I don't see much about "how bad" your generation was. He stated some things you had easier. There are plenty of things I can think of that make life easier today, too, but that doesn't change the things that were easier then. If you have points to make against his post, which I'm sure you do (and I would love to read to improve my understanding) then say them.. Not just "poor me post of the year". Explain why he is wrong.

MochaMood likes this.
  11. MochaMood

MochaMood Member

My parents and their siblings all died. They were Boomers. They taught me to find beauty in even the ugliest circumstances. They taught me to channel creativity and wisdom. They taught me that nothing comes free, and that even my natural endowments (talent, intelligence, etc.) come with a debt to be paid to society through good deeds and charitable use of my time. They taught me to respect myself and others, and to follow rules, but never to abandon common sense or be afraid to challenge tyranny or other abusive manifestations of authority. Tehy taught me to find and honor the individual in my dealings with strangers, and to be tolerant of (and take pleasure in) diversity. They taught me that limitations are imaginary boundaries I could reshape for myself. They taught me to seek peace, but to be unafraid of violence in defense of myself, other people, or my principles. They taught me when to be proud, and when to be humble.

They were good, hard-working, family-oriented people, raised by survivors of the Great Depression. They were conscientious about being custodians of the Earth, and of the less fortunate. They did more than talk the talk. They walked the walk, and expected me to honor their good examples. I try.

I do not agree that the world, nor anyone in it, has been improved by their deaths. Your generalizations are evil and extreme. They do not serve my generation at all. The world would be a better place without extremism such as you display. Please notice I would like to see your most extreme ideas perish, not you.

12. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Excellent post. My parents grew up during the depression. They taught me what your parents taught you. The greatest thing I learned was being self sufficient.

GLENGLEN and MochaMood like this.
  13. PatyAlvarez

PatyAlvarez Banned

That's you slobbering all over your bib, gramps.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Takes one to know one.

RetiredHippie likes this.
  15. PatyAlvarez

PatyAlvarez Banned

ROFL! "Takes one to know one". Now I know you're older than dirt. Change your Depends and move along. But check the charge on your scooter chair first.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I know you are, but what am I.

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

You Hardly Ever Post Nowadays PA.....But When You Do.....It Makes Us Cry.....:cry:

Cheers Glen.

18. PatyAlvarez

PatyAlvarez Banned

And don't forget to take a full oxygen bottle.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

All the oxygen from your gas bagging face!

20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

BITCH FIGHT.:screamcat:...BITCH FIGHT..:screamcat:...ALERT..:screamcat:...Get Your Popcorn Here Folks

And Make GLEN A Wealthy Man.... :D

Cheers Glen.

RetiredHippie and Running Horse like this.